Match Thread: July 30, 2021 - York United v Forge

Match is at 7pm ET on One Soccer.

This will be the first CPL game not played in PEI or Winnipeg since 2019.

York won their only meeting last year 3-2. However both goal scorers have moved on to other CPL teams (Di Chiara and Porter).

Will give them an out for the cameras facing away from the stands so we can't see the fans as it's likely the best place for it and stands are coming on the other side. (Right?)

Might need a rethink on the black away shirts with this shocker of a shadow though.

Love York are entirely Canadian tonight. So far the players think too much on the ball and miss their opportunities too often this half.   

Nice to hear noise from the crowd and money back in the clubs pockets.

Harsh but justifiable red for Zator. Brennan can't catch a break, hopefully York break with him as head coach soon and move him elsewhere in the club.

Edited by toontownman

Just got back from the York - Forge game. Great to be watching live games again with my father and had great time. Stadium seemed full and they announced 1700+ for attendance. You weren't allowed to bring your beer to your seat so lots of people, myself included, stood in the back the whole game. Not much social distancing but lots of masks on happy faces. I REALLY  hope York can keep this attendance going. Barton Street Batalion were noisy the whole game. Now for the game... enjoyable for sure but it didnt seem to me York were down a player! I thought their passing was great. Haven't watched the replay so I don't know if Forge's second goal being called for off side was correct. Looked good to me but I'm obviously biased! Anyway... fuck me that was fun.