Canadians abroad: November 30 - December 6, 2018

DJT

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

Definitely a red but he didn’t go studs in, as soon as he slid he pulled out. 

He did not pull out at all, he went for the ball with complete disregard for the keeper's safety while having easily enough time to react to the keeper controlling the ball to avoid collision. Why was he even sliding at that point anyway, if he wanted to pull out he could have just ran in another direction once he saw the keeper had control of the ball? He could have given the keeper a concussion. Saying he didn't go in with studs is like saying I hit you in the face but it is not so bad because I wasn't wearing brass knuckles. If he went in with studs like that the keeper probably would have had a very serious injury. I won't say he did it on purpose but it was an incredibly reckless play with no regard for the keeper's safety. It doesn't matter how much we like him as a national team player, that should get a multi game suspension. A league needs to protect the health of it players and especially keepers who are often in more vulnerable positions than field players.

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

He did not pull out at all, he went for the ball with complete disregard for the keeper's safety while having easily enough time to react to the keeper controlling the ball to avoid collision. Why was he even sliding at that point anyway, if he wanted to pull out he could have just ran in another direction once he saw the keeper had control of the ball? He could have given the keeper a concussion. Saying he didn't go in with studs is like saying I hit you in the face but it is not so bad because I wasn't wearing brass knuckles. If he went in with studs like that the keeper probably would have had a very serious injury. I won't say he did it on purpose but it was an incredibly reckless play with no regard for the keeper's safety. It doesn't matter how much we like him as a national team player, that should get a multi game suspension. A league needs to protect the health of it players and especially keepers who are often in more vulnerable positions than field players.

Yes, I agree it was a red.  But he pulled out so I believe a one match ban is sufficient. It was shocking no doubt and stupid but let’s call a spade a spade.  He should never have gone in but as soon as he did he tucked his legs in.  Players get straight reds for poor tackles all the time and a player that pulls his studs out usually gets some benefit of the doubt, rightly so.  Keeping his cleats out would be a clear intent to injure so there’s a difference that needs highlighted.

I don’t know what Arfields problem was there whether he thought he saw it come loose or whatever, he made a dumb decision and paid the price.

You can't compare a tackle on a player dribbling the ball to a keeper who has control of it. A player dribbling the ball always can be tackled, they never have the ball 100%. A keeper with the ball in his hands is off limits, everyone knows this. The keeper is not expected to protect himself if it is clear that he has control. That was a horror show tackle. The keeper was especially vulnerable.

England

Liam Millar has a goal for Liverpool U23 Against Hertha

Scotland

Wotherspoon starts for St Johnstone Against Hearts(Godinho on bench). Wotherspoon has an assist. Godinho entered in the 77th.

Jackson and Arfield suspended

Serbia

Cornelius not in the 18

Archived