Euro 2016 tickets

1zzurri

I am applying for tickets for the upcoming euros. The team specific ticket window just opened and I am trying to get tickets to italy games in group stage. You need to be italian national or living in italy to apply for these specific tickets which I am. After putting in your italian or whatever european countrys passport info you have two options. The follow your team option or single ticket option. The follow your team option only sells category 1(most expensive) and 3(2nd cheapest) tickets as options and u have to buy all three group stage games with option of knock out games(conditional on teams placement naturally). The "single ticket option" allows you to apply in all 4 price ranges for each game individually. I want to watch every Italy game in group stage and possibly more while being in the italy fan section but am afraid the "single ticket options" which include the cheap level 4 price ticket might place me somewhere else away from italy fans since the cheap tickets wasnt an original option with "follow your team section". Anyone have any experience with this? Does it really matter which option I chose? Afterall I did have to out my italian passport info to get into this portal in the first place so maybe all the people applying for ticks in this round will be placed in same corner of stadium. who knows. 

I wanna add a picture but i forgot how to add a pic without a url

On 12/15/2015 at 10:58 PM, 1zzurri said:

I am applying for tickets for the upcoming euros. The team specific ticket window just opened and I am trying to get tickets to italy games in group stage. You need to be italian national or living in italy to apply for these specific tickets which I am. After putting in your italian or whatever european countrys passport info you have two options. The follow your team option or single ticket option. The follow your team option only sells category 1(most expensive) and 3(2nd cheapest) tickets as options and u have to buy all three group stage games with option of knock out games(conditional on teams placement naturally). The "single ticket option" allows you to apply in all 4 price ranges for each game individually. I want to watch every Italy game in group stage and possibly more while being in the italy fan section but am afraid the "single ticket options" which include the cheap level 4 price ticket might place me somewhere else away from italy fans since the cheap tickets wasnt an original option with "follow your team section". Anyone have any experience with this? Does it really matter which option I chose? Afterall I did have to out my italian passport info to get into this portal in the first place so maybe all the people applying for ticks in this round will be placed in same corner of stadium. who knows. 

Could you post the link to where you applied? Would be much appreciated.

On 12/15/2015 at 2:45 AM, masster said:

I purchased follow your team packages for both Euro 2008 and 2012. I would suggest that route as the best way to go.

It definitely would be the best route but I just prefer the cheapest tickets lol although its not a huge difference. Group stage tickets for category 4 tickets are 24 euros a ticket and category 3 tickets are 55 euros a ticket. Both are still super cheap although being poor id like to reduce costs as much as possible. So since he follow your team tickets can only be bought in category 1 or 3 it gets a bit confusing. But I will maybe just go for category 3 as I agree with you saying its the best way to go. Te only reason i brought this up bc i applied for brazil 2014 tickets in the follow ur team section and was able to get all group stages at the cheapest pay category so its slightly different here. Thanks

General stadium designations for euro2016 although every stadium will be slightly different obviously.

Category 1-PINK

Category 2-orange

Category 3-blue 

Category 4-green

eurotickets.jpg

On 2015-12-15 at 0:58 AM, 1zzurri said:

Does the travel with your team package give you discounts on travel and hotels?

7 hours ago, canta15 said:

I am not sure but there is hospitality tab on the euro 2016 site so maybe through there something is available. AirBNB is what I am going to look into or sleeping in a car or on the beach or in a ditch. 

14 hours ago, canta15 said:

I know that for the World Cup in Germany in 2006, your match ticket gave you free rail into and out of the city on match day. This was very helpful because it meant you did not always need to stay in the city. Not sure if anything similar is being done in France. Something to look into.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2015 at 3:06 PM, masster said:

I already have tickets for 2 matches in Marseille: a quarterfinal on June 30th and a semifinal on July 7th.

I have applied as a France supporter for the France-Albania match in Marseille on June 15th.

On 12/15/2015 at 11:58 PM, 1zzurri said:

I applied for Italy vs Ireland in the Public Single Ticket option and all it allowed me to order was Cat 1 or Cat 2 with a warning that they may have obstructed views. I don't have an Italian Passport so that was the only option I could find.

13 hours ago, johnyb said:

I applied for Italy vs Ireland in the Public Single Ticket option and all it allowed me to order was Cat 1 or Cat 2 with a warning that they may have obstructed views. I don't have an Italian Passport so that was the only option I could find.

Don't worry about obstructed views, usually it just means you saved a bunch of money. I had "obstructed view" for the world cup final in Germany and all it meant, was that one corner could only be seen by looking through a glass wall.

7 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

Don't worry about obstructed views, usually it just means you saved a bunch of money. I had "obstructed view" for the world cup final in Germany and all it meant, was that one corner could only be seen by looking through a glass wall.

I had obstructed view for Italy v Holland at Euro 2008 and whole area around the corner flag could not be seen. The obstruction was significant.

• 2 months later...

Got through the lottery and was only able to secure 1 round of 16 game. Still looking for tickets to Por vs Aus on June 18th in Paris and Ita vs Ire on June 22nd in Lille. The Bots have control of the resale site so not having much luck. Any suggestions on how to secure some tix without paying a fortune?

17 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Has anyone ever used viagogo.ca for tickets? 

No sorry I haven't. I noticed they have tickets to the matches and are cheaper (but still very inflated) than whats showing up in StubHub. I have no idea if they're trustworthy.

1 hour ago, johnyb said:

No sorry I haven't. I noticed they have tickets to the matches and are cheaper (but still very inflated) than whats showing up in StubHub. I have no idea if they're trustworthy.

That's the same thing i noticed. Stubhub's prices are outrageous.

21 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Has anyone ever used viagogo.ca for tickets? 

Yes. I used it twice. Once in Spain and once in Germany. They set up a pick up point, usually in a meeting room in a hotel close to the stadium. The line can be pretty long, but besides that, it is a pretty easy process.

On a side note, I might have some people dropping out of the trip. So I might have some tickets to the Italy matches if interested. Should know in a week or so.

Archived