Blatter resigns

madmonte

So those who were sure of Blatter reelection, will now need to reassess their predictions.  It will be very interesting to see who wants to run for the vacant post.  I don't think Prince Ali is a forceful enough guy to clean Fifa house off the rest of the crooks around, but I too may be wrong.

Does this means that criminal charges may be on the horizon and he is trying to get out of Dodge?

The Indictment document clearly indicates that he was responsible for Fifa.  He may not have received any bribes personally, which makes him naive, but surely he is guilty by association.

So those who were sure of Blatter reelection, will now need to reassess their predictions.  It will be very interesting to see who wants to run for the vacant post.  I don't think Prince Ali is a forceful enough guy to clean Fifa house off the rest of the crooks around, but I too may be wrong.

Prince Ali's should have gone for the second round vote, it would have put him in better stead, now it looks like lots of possible candidates can emerge in next few months till the congress.... look for someone from Asia or Africa to emerge as the third world block will attempt to maintain its conduit for cash.

Exciting times.

Smells awfully like they showed him something and gave him the choice of burying him with it or burying it and him stepping down.

Years from now we'll probably all remember where we were when Blatter resigned.  But for all it's fanfare and regalia I gotta admit I find it pretty boring.  I love the game, I'm already tired of all the politics.  It's like talking about the IIHF instead of watching hockey.  Nice for a bit and then Zzzzzz....

Archived