Sections for Edmonton and Montreal - Round 2 - Need answers NOW

Admin

I am revisiting this for a few reasons.

1. We will not know how the sections are priced until Tuesday.   However it is not simply a price issue. It is a group buy issue. There are restrictions on sales types that go by the tier level of the sections and they can't yet tell me how that is arranged in the stadium. We also need 'virigin' territory wrt to the sale of the passports.  So some juggling may be in order.

2. So... I need a first choice, second choice third choice in both Edmonton and Montreal.

3,. The sections need to be realistic in terms of numbers so we don't end up with a mixed bag, we need to sell it out.  I would rather have quality over quantity with less issues on game day.

4. I need this ASAP.

Discussion is going for Edmonton. Answers soon.

IMHO we will need a bigger section for Saturday than Thursday in Edmonton. Lots of travelling Saskies can go on Saturday but far fewer on Thursday. Not sure if this will influence section choice.

Did they say anything about 'regulations' in these sections?

I need a list.

I know the traditional ones, but if they are full of kids and in the wrong pricing tier we can't have it.

So I need choices 1, 2, 3

I need to peopel that know the stadium If we can get a complete isolated section in the hundreds good.  But we need to prioritize our choices. .

Currently not able to buy stadium half passes or full passes in sections AA through JJ, LL through OO, and most of O through Z (with a few exceptions).

Does that mean these sections are sold out, reserved, or available for single-ticket purchase?

If any of sections A-M are available, they would be perfect or as Jeff has stated above, section P.

Priority 1 - Lower Bowl Somewhere between the end lines

Priority 2 - Lower Bowl endzones

Priority 3 - Upper Decks (but this would stink)

However I am certainly not the authority on Commonwealth. What we had for WWC U20 QF was fine. Lower bowl and just into the endzone.

As others have mentioned, we've typically been in Section P at Commonwealth, but if we could be more towards the middle, that would be great.  The trick is, there's no way we'd fill an entire section, especially in the middle.  We could fill one of the smaller sections in the North endzone, but that's not great for viewing - plus, we're not seen on TV, and that certainly doesn't help our cause.  If we could buy out X number of rows (depending on how many people are going) from field level up, that would be great.

I agree with Rob with his priorities, but he's got his sections backwards.  Sections N - Z are on the East side (TV side), and again, I believe this is where we should be.

What about AA, BB, CC and the corresponding ones across.

How many seats in DD and EE in the corners at the other end?

P is first choice, but they may not offer group buys there.  I don't know.

Edmonton

1. P

2. As close to P as possible

3. As close to P as possibe....

Based on the Ticketmaster site, it looks like there are 268 available at the front of section Z, and 470 in section X but the first 2.5 rows are already gone in X.  It would be great if a section closer to the middle still had space but I really doubt it.  I am sure they wanted to fill those middle tv side seats first. 

Based on the Ticketmaster site, it looks like there are 268 available at the front of section Z, and 470 in section X but the first 2.5 rows are already gone in X.  It would be great if a section closer to the middle still had space but I really doubt it.  I am sure they wanted to fill those middle tv side seats first. 

Unlikely we will get anything close to the middle.

Those tickets wil not be available in group rates ect..

P might not even be.

I'll know tomorrow.

For the U20 WWC this summer we were set up in CC which was not too bad but a bit further from the action than I would like to be. The corresponding small corner pie slices are DD, PP and OO. Bear in mind that the cameras are on the west side so if being in the camera view is important we should give priority to seats on the east side.

I would avoid anything in the North bowl (EE through NN) as it is quite far away from the field due to there being a running track so that the seats are semi circled rather than flat behind the goals. Generally these sections are tarped off even for Eskimos games. Same logic applies to AA, BB, RR and QQ in the south end; not tarped off but usually low cost family section and a ways from the field.. The reason for using any of these sections would be if they are the only ones that do not already have tickets sold and therefore they allow us a "clean" section. If so I would focus on NN or MM due to the cameras.

Having said what I said about the end zone bowls, I think these would be preferred over moving to a section in the upper deck, where you might be lined up for a better view more centered on the pitch but quite a ways up from the touch line. 

An ideal outcome would be in order of preference:

1) East side lower deck (N, O, P, Q)

1a) East side lower deck (W,X,Y,Z)

2) West side lower deck (A,B,C,D or J,K,L,M)

3) Corner pie sections (OO,PP)

3a) Corner pie sections (CC,DD)

4) North bowl (NN,MM, EE,FF)

5) South bowl (BB, AA, RR, QQ)

6) North bowl center part

7) Upper deck east side

8) Upper deck west side.  

Any or all of the above list would be rendered void based on where the tickets are already sold and how full the section is with people who may not appreciate Voyageurs style supporters. 

For the U20 WWC this summer we were set up in CC which was not too bad but a bit further from the action than I would like to be. The corresponding small corner pie slices are DD, PP and OO. Bear in mind that the cameras are on the west side so if being in the camera view is important we should give priority to seats on the east side.

I would avoid anything in the North bowl (EE through NN) as it is quite far away from the field due to there being a running track so that the seats are semi circled rather than flat behind the goals. Generally these sections are tarped off even for Eskimos games. Same logic applies to AA, BB, RR and QQ in the south end; not tarped off but usually low cost family section and a ways from the field.. The reason for using any of these sections would be if they are the only ones that do not already have tickets sold and therefore they allow us a "clean" section. If so I would focus on NN or MM due to the cameras.

Having said what I said about the end zone bowls, I think these would be preferred over moving to a section in the upper deck, where you might be lined up for a better view more centered on the pitch but quite a ways up from the touch line. 

An ideal outcome would be in order of preference:

1) East side lower deck (N, O, P, Q)

1a) East side lower deck (W,X,Y,Z)

2) West side lower deck (A,B,C,D or J,K,L,M)

3) Corner pie sections (OO,PP)

3a) Corner pie sections (CC,DD)

4) North bowl (NN,MM, EE,FF)

5) South bowl (BB, AA, RR, QQ)

6) North bowl center part

7) Upper deck east side

8) Upper deck west side.  

Any or all of the above list would be rendered void based on where the tickets are already sold and how full the section is with people who may not appreciate Voyageurs style supporters. 

I'm going to fly to Edmonton and buy you a beer.

Now that my stag which was planned for the weekend of the Edmonton game is cancelled, I can make the drive up from Calgary for the game. Whoever organizes has a beer from this guy coming their way.

Stag reinstated. V's style.  You're gonna die.

Archived