Winnipeg Game May 8th - Organization

rob.notenboom

Pre-game meet up is being set up now, I think Jason is on it. Kind of funny but the planning has essentially moved to the other thread for the match, didn't intend on it happening that way but it seems people who are keen on helping have posted more in the other thread than this one.

For any first time visitors to the stadium, be advised that parking isn't always easy. Winnipeg Transit is running a similar service as they have done for all Bomber games. Rides to (up to 2 hours before) and after (until end of service) on regular transit routes are free when the game ticket is shown. There are also several free Park and Ride shuttles.

Details of Park and Ride locations at the page below.

http://winnipegtransit.com/en/special/bomberfanfare

The crowd is looking to be very similar to most Bombers attendances from last year (pushing towards 30k) so congestion will likely be similar. Park and Ride, or just riding a regular route for free, will probably get you home faster than driving if you live in the southern half of the city. Or just walk from the pre-game meeting location above.

There is also typically a bike valet for all stadium events, though I haven't heard if that will be running for this one.

Also, I am sure you are all super-fit and fast walkers, but the total distance from Tavern United is closer to 2 km. 

Sorry for sitting this one out (explain it all after a pint of five for those patient/polite enough to listen) but will, at worst, see you all for the traditional post match analysis/tears with the Wee Elf & crew in tow.

Tavern United?  Good.  Nice enough and laid out in a way which will allow us to claim a quarter to ourselves here or there.

Geezus, Jake must be pleased.  Lest he's moved he's down at the end of the street from Tavern United.  LOL,  no need trying to negotiate 8 lanes of traffic staggering home from Dylan's anymore eh?

Think we ended up in 139.  Arse seats but meh, Whatever.  May migrate over to 143/144 if the opportunity presents itself. 

Sorry for sitting this one out (explain it all after a pint of five for those patient/polite enough to listen) but will, at worst, see you all for the traditional post match analysis/tears with the Wee Elf & crew in tow.

Tavern United?  Good.  Nice enough and laid out in a way which will allow us to claim a quarter to ourselves here or there.

Geezus, Jake must be pleased.  Lest he's moved he's down at the end of the street from Tavern United.  LOL,  no need trying to negotiate 8 lanes of traffic staggering home from Dylan's anymore eh?

Think we ended up in 139.  Arse seats but meh, Whatever.  May migrate over to 143/144 if the opportunity presents itself. 

Cheeta you bastard.  It's true!  I can walk from my condo to the Tavern in 5 minutes.  Not necessarily in a straight line, depending on the drinks, but you get the gist :D  ...      

There is a path (short cut) from the Tavern to the stadium.  It's a BIKE PATH that goes along the Red River and ends up on Thatcher and University Crescent.    The stadium is not that far and you (almost) avoid traffic.   I'll be bring about 9 people plus a few more, including my family, and we'll be in SECTION 137.   Same section as Wingback! awesome.

Sorry I couldn't help organize this one ... got caught up with work (finances, taxes, estates, etc.).   Enjoy the match. 

For any first time visitors to the stadium, be advised that parking isn't always easy. Winnipeg Transit is running a similar service as they have done for all Bomber games. Rides to (up to 2 hours before) and after (until end of service) on regular transit routes are free when the game ticket is shown. There are also several free Park and Ride shuttles.

Details of Park and Ride locations at the page below.

http://winnipegtransit.com/en/special/bomberfanfare

The crowd is looking to be very similar to most Bombers attendances from last year (pushing towards 30k) so congestion will likely be similar. Park and Ride, or just riding a regular route for free, will probably get you home faster than driving if you live in the southern half of the city. Or just walk from the pre-game meeting location above.

There is also typically a bike valet for all stadium events, though I haven't heard if that will be running for this one.

Also, I am sure you are all super-fit and fast walkers, but the total distance from Tavern United is closer to 2 km. 

Do bomberfare if you can. It is pretty effective. Drops you off right at the stadium and they have just about every available bus in the city working.

My buddies girlfriend does Bike Valet. Can almost guarantee it will be operating, they are contracted to do all events at the stadium.

Do bomberfare if you can. It is pretty effective. Drops you off right at the stadium and they have just about every available bus in the city working.

My buddies girlfriend does Bike Valet. Can almost guarantee it will be operating, they are contracted to do all events at the stadium.

Turns out the bike valet wasn't up and running, but the stadium has a ton of racks to lock too. A good number did cycle given the weather.

I wasn't in the Vs section, but from where I was sitting it seemed to grow, both in size and enthusiasm, throughout the game, which can only be a good sign.

Yes we managed to full quite a few ppl in and they had fun. Jeff was pseudo-capo and brought a lot of fans in with his enthusiasm. Got a few complaints from the security but we explained the 'supporters section' situation and they mostly left us alone.

For a couple of the simpler chants we got 5 or 6 sections going and that was cool. I suspect next time there's a game in Winnipeg there will be a bit more uptake on the supporters idea.

Archived