MLS Final

nolando

Deserving team won. And, its good to see the team with the stars and offensive talent win it all for once. But dispointed in having to listen to the espn broadcast be so unbalance in their analysis and commentary. You almost got a sence that there was only one team playing yesterday if you were to listen to these guys.

The national broadcasters are really trying to pump up the tires and fortunes of the clubs in LA and NY. I can see and understand why. But at the same time you hate to see good stories get overllooked and thats what happens when the focus is overly tilted to those one or two big market clubs. This is what killed my interest entirely in baseballs games of the week many years ago, they only showed yankees and dodgers week after week.

Deserving team won. And, its good to see the team with the stars and offensive talent win it all for once. But dispointed in having to listen to the espn broadcast be so unbalance in their analysis and commentary. You almost got a sence that there was only one team playing yesterday if you were to listen to these guys.

The national broadcasters are really trying to pump up the tires and fortunes of the clubs in LA and NY. I can see and understand why. But at the same time you hate to see good stories get overllooked and thats what happens when the focus is overly tilted to those one or two big market clubs. This is what killed my interest entirely in baseballs games of the week many years ago, they only showed yankees and dodgers week after week.

No diffrent to the Southern Bias in the English Media, or the "Manchester United- The Greatest team in the World" Schtick we've had to endure week in week out for decades. Okay so yes, fine they are good now, but prior to SAF's appearance Man U were little better than pants most seasons. Still some in the English Press would have you believe that they were never actually relegated to Div2.

As for north of the boarder; I Personally think "Scottish Devolution" is founded on a reaction to how little patronage Scotish Football is afforded by the BBC.

Hainault looks brilliant, taking out Becks with a diving challenge, strong in the air too. He MUST be our RB for next year. I think we can stop looking after this season. Hope he doesn't carry a grudge.

I don't think Andre will carry a grudge he seems like a classy guy.

I followed Andre out of the corner of my eye for 90% of the match and I must say I was impressed with him too and I'd like to see him at RB but I have doubts about his agility. What a MONSTER in the air though, wow.. I would hate to try to win a header off him he really attacked any ball that came even remotely close with authority. That said, I thought many of his Dynamo teammates were awful.. I can't count the amount of times Andre was put into trouble by a pathetic pass but he played his way out nicely. Another thing I must note and this may come as a surprise, Andre was the best passer on the Dynamo last night. You could tell his frustration as he out of all people was trying to get some offense going. Dom Kinnear was yelling for his players to switch the flanks and nobody had the balls to hit one until Andre got the ball and completed a nice cross field pass.

What I saw last night is a big game player, while everyone on his team seemed to be running around headless Andre brought a bit of calm to their backline and the MLS website gave him the highest rating of Dynamo defenders... not quite sure how their defenders were rated less than the midfield and strikers who created nothing all match. Andre really was the Dynamo's only hope of scoring last night... I was praying for a free kick or corner, they make Canada look like Barcelona going forward.

Say what you want, it was a good game. The score did NOT reflect the excitement of the game, would have been nice to NOT see Beckham 'NFL tackle' but at least he didn't act surprised when he got the yellow. He got knocked down a few notches on the respect meter for me.

Houston played too defensively and I think that Columbus, SKC or NYRB would have been more 'exciting' matches but still a good game.

I think for the most part what it really did, is show all the football 'snobs' here who watch EPL, LPA, Bundes etc. and DON'T watch MLS because 'it isn't good football' that MLS IS worth watching and it IS good football.

Sadly I heard just about nothing about it on Canadian media outside sports specific media.

I watched this match sporadically so I didn't get a whole picture of his performance but certainly certainly is a factor on aerial challenges (in both ends of the field) and he plays within his limitations and avoids trying to be Dani Alves. He's a aggressive in closing down an opponent in possession but he has to watch his marking and positioning when his opposing forward doesn't have the ball: there were a couple of time he lost his opponent off of long crosses. I was impressed with his play last year at RB when he did a fine job 1 v 1 defending in Seattle against Steve Zakuani, who (prior to his horrific injury) was no slouch for pace and trickery.

Archived