Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Guest Brethers

There were six changes to the starting lineup in all, Ben Mills replacing Marc Williams up front being the major one. Dave Hankin has been superb for us on the right wing so far and has just set up Ben Mills for his 3rd in 3 games for us. 1-0 Chester!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brethers

2-0! Hankin with another cross and Mills scores again. Mills had a great chance about 5 minutes ago to score but keeper made a great save

Guest Brethers

We took on Solihull Moors away today and won 3-0. Goals from Nathan Jarman, goal machine Ben Mills and Iain Howard got us our 5th win out of 5 this season. We are in third on goal difference

Guest Brethers

We beat Halifax 2-1 at home on Wednesday in front of 3,300+ fans. Ben Mills (6 in 6!!) and Dave Hankin scored. Still only 3rd, Guiseley and Brackley won too. We take on Guiseley tomorrow!

Guest Brethers

Took on Guiseley today in front of 2,900 plus some change. We took them to the cleaners winning 4-0, big Ben Mills scored a hattrick on what may be his last game with us (pleaaaase sign him on a permanent) and sub Iain Howard scored the 4th. And apparently we could have scored a lot more. Now its us and Brackley joint top with maximum points off 7 games. The draw for the second qualifying round of the FA cup is made in the next couple of days too, and that's the round we enter in.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

Been off the boil of this thread for a while, apologies! We lost at Boston 3-2 a couple of weeks ago, poor first half performance saw us 3-0 down at HT. We then drew 1-1 with Gainsborough in the FA cup last weekend and the replay was delayed to this coming tuesday due to some horrendous weather we've been having here. Today is an away trip to Stalybridge Celtic.

In other news, we have signed a new striker to make up for Ben Mills not signing. He wanted to stay full time and we can't offer that to players. Instead we signed Tony Gray from Southport who are in the Blue Square Premier. He scored 24 goals for them last season and his goals to game ratio for them overall is about 1 every 2 games. Hopefully he does well! Also our manager Neil Young is finalising a switch to be our full time manager, which is awesome

Been off the boil of this thread for a while, apologies! We lost at Boston 3-2 a couple of weeks ago, poor first half performance saw us 3-0 down at HT. We then drew 1-1 with Gainsborough in the FA cup last weekend and the replay was delayed to this coming tuesday due to some horrendous weather we've been having here. Today is an away trip to Stalybridge Celtic.

In other news, we have signed a new striker to make up for Ben Mills not signing. He wanted to stay full time and we can't offer that to players. Instead we signed Tony Gray from Southport who are in the Blue Square Premier. He scored 24 goals for them last season and his goals to game ratio for them overall is about 1 every 2 games. Hopefully he does well! Also our manager Neil Young is finalising a switch to be our full time manager, which is awesome

The manager is Neil Young? I love this team even more!

Guest Brethers

haha yeah, only realised the Neil Young connection of sorts the other day. Glad to hear you're loving Chester though mserson! We trounced Stalybridge 6-2 yesterday, Sarcevic grabbed his forst two goals of the season, Jarman got one and Iain Howard got a hattrick. Made up for Howard, he signed with us right at the start of the reformation and has upped his game after each promotion. Despite a plethora of left wing signings in the last 2 years he has kept his place where a lesser player would have given up and thought the manager didn't want them. Gainsborough Tuesday!! Hopefully I can get to a game soon and give a first hand account of the match

Last Friday, one of my colleagues was sporting a Chester FC jersey. A few years back, we had a friendly bet on the League Two table with my mighty town, Shrewsbury, winning the day when Chester went down. Now we hope for Chester to ascend to the lofty heights of League One, so we can resume our rivalry.

Keep climbing!

Hard to believe that this team was in the 8th tier of English Football a couple years back. Now with two consecutive promotions to be in tier 6 and currently 8-0-1. Impressive.

Chester are showing that Along with the likes of Steavenage, and the Legendary AFC Wimbeldon, that application to the corse can pay dividens.

Guest Brethers

Hopefully we do! The conference will be quite tricky to get out of though. Won our replay on Tuesday 2 1 in extra time, so it's Halifax at home in the third qualy round. IF we beat them, the next round has conf teams and is not regionalised so I may be able to make a game! Dom Collins and Levi Mackin scored Tuesday

Hopefully we do! The conference will be quite tricky to get out of though. Won our replay on Tuesday 2 1 in extra time, so it's Halifax at home in the third qualy round. IF we beat them, the next round has conf teams and is not regionalised so I may be able to make a game! Dom Collins and Levi Mackin scored Tuesday

Also getting a match up against higher level oppostion also helps.

• 3 months later...
Guest Brethers

Oh wow, I've neglected this!! I will post full updates in a bit, but just initially going to say we lost to Halifax in the FA cup in a replay. Was a shame but hopefully will set us up for the league (find out if it is in later updates ;) )

• 3 months later...
Guest Brethers

I apologise for not updating this, been very busy with work and moving house and other things the last few months. BUT here we go. We have been insane in the league, we WON THE TITLE last weekend after beating Boston 1-0 from a lewis turner header (him and his twin nathan are both on loan from Leeds albertawhite, and they're both top quality from what I read). That was also our 100th league goal of the season and we are on 103 points. Guiseley lost late on to Brackley last Saturday, so we are currently 19 points clear with 4 games to go. That's 3 titles on the bounce for us, a new record for reformed clubs and I don't think any English team has ever won more than 3 titles on the trot (not sure on that though). It's been a fantastic season, and can't wait for the conference now. We also have the final of the world renowned Chesire Senior Cup to play against Stalybridge Celtic soon, another chance for some silverware. Hoping Wrexham don't go up to Leageu 2 as would love the derby back next season.

Here are some videos of some top notch goals we have scored this season, there have been a few but not all are available on youtube. Here are some though, and in my opinion the three best are here anyways.

Two from Antoni Sarcevic (who is going to be a top player in the future, apparently Leeds interested in signing him and I know he has been scouted by several teams):

This is my favourite, Gazza-esque. Can't say anything else

This is a great solo run but unfortunately can't see it too well at the business end

Iain Howard scores a quality goal here, watch from 2:14 until the goal

Sarcevic again with a belter

Like I say there have been plenty others but they are tricky to find!

It has been a top quality season, have enjoyed it thoroughly! And I will sign off this post by saying we have the best form in the WORLD

http://www.predictz.com/statistics/trends/most-games-since-a-loss/

Archived