Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Guest Brethers

Just thought I'd post this if anyone is interested, they are the team I support. They reformed a couple of years ago due to a horrible owner taking the old club out of business (essentially). Anyways, we are now completely fan owned and it's great. We are doing well, won the league we were in last season and now we are looking to start this season equally well. It kicks off today and if anyone wants a listen here is a link http://www.blueslivebroadcasting.co.uk/wp/

The commentary link should be up later on the website at about 2:30 GMT (so 9:30 eastern) and a pre game show will be on until 3, when the match kicks off. It's not glamourous but it's real football and well worth a listen, the service is excellent. Anyways, just thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in perhaps adopting Chester and possibly even donating to the CFU, which would make you own part of the club!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brethers

Yeah it was pretty bad when we folded, but the CFU did a great job to get us into the leagues in about 5 or 6 months. I think the celebrity subs are not really going to happen this year, but I know Colin Murray kept mentioning us on his radio shows last season and he came to our awards evening, so I'm sure he'll give us some more coverage. Cheers mate!

For anyone interested, we won 4-1 tonight against Burscough to give us 4 points from 2 matches. Should have won on Saturday too. Oh well, bring on this Saturday!

Guest Brethers

For anyone interested we are playing Hednesford today, tricky game! We do have a Canadian link too, back in 1999/2000 (I think) we had Martin Nash for a season when we were Chester City

Guest Brethers

Lost 1-0 to Hednesford in the last few minutes, but beat FC United (The Man U fans who made their own club after being pissed off with the money in the big time) 2-1 in front of 3,200 people. Better than some League 2 attendances! And it was a Wednesday night

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

An absolute BEAUT of a 3-0 win. 631 minutes we haven't conceded in competitive matches, which is a new record for the club (including before we reformed). Attendance 3310 which is a new attendance for the reformed club, with a massive 3100 or so being Chester fans. Up to second, and we are flying!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

Yeah fater a shaky start we're picking up. Drew 1-1 tonight, thought we migth extend the clean sheet run when Buxton missed a first half pen but wasn't to be. 3 points off top, but nothing to be down beat about. Still unbeaten in 9!

Guest Brethers

3-2 win v FC United yesterday. We are top!! Apparently the team at the top (Northwich) got deducted 3 points which put us above them on GD

Guest Brethers

won2-1 in FA trophy today. Playing in the FA trophy this season means we can play in the FA cup next year. Hope for a good run in the trophy cause it will bring in some tidy money. Also would love to see us at Wembley!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

Quick update, through to next qualy round of the FA trophy and won 2 in the league as well as lost one since the last update. 4-0 win yesterday was good and gets us back on track. Stil 2nd 3 points behind top

Guest Brethers

Northwich lost on Tuesday and we won 1 0 last night, which has put us top on goal difference. We are also the only team in England and Scotland to have scored 50+ goals (out of all of Scottish league structure divisions and all English leagues down to ours)

Northwich lost on Tuesday and we won 1 0 last night, which has put us top on goal difference. We are also the only team in England and Scotland to have scored 50+ goals (out of all of Scottish league structure divisions and all English leagues down to ours)

Brethers, Be greatful if you could post a link to the League's website? It would be nice to see how they stand.

Guest Brethers
Brethers, Be greatful if you could post a link to the League's website? It would be nice to see how they stand.

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

Here it is, we are in the premier. We're playing Stourbridge away in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA trophy tomorrow. They drew plymouth away and beat them at home in the FA cup on tuesday so we may be in for a hard game. Looking forward to us being allowed in the FA cup next season!

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

Here it is, we are in the premier. We're playing Stourbridge away in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA trophy tomorrow. They drew plymouth away and beat them at home in the FA cup on tuesday so we may be in for a hard game. Looking forward to us being allowed in the FA cup next season!

I imagine the Standout matches for the season must be the FC United games, if not for the Press coverage alone.

Archived