Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Wow, there really is just 5 pages of the both of you. I did read with excitement as I can see the passion you hold for this club within your posts. I can only wish here in Canada we all get the opportunity to support a home-town club like you do in the UK rather than travelling an hour to the local big city where you feel a bit like tourist trying to support the team you love.

All the best to Chester FC!

So that'll be rascel next on the List for the "Chester FC supporters through Cansoc" club tie then?

We got a good chant going...CFC-STC!:D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brethers

Frustrating 1-1 draw at home to Nantiwch today, Antoni Sarcevic equalised for us but apparently we had loads of chances. Hit the bar, ball cleared off line etc. Northwich won which puts us only one point clear at the top. Broke our attendance record wth 3560, alot better than most league 2 clubs!

Frustrating 1-1 draw at home to Nantiwch today, Antoni Sarcevic equalised for us but apparently we had loads of chances. Hit the bar, ball cleared off line etc. Northwich won which puts us only one point clear at the top. Broke our attendance record wth 3560, alot better than most league 2 clubs!

Northwich Victoria's win against Ashton United 3-0 means Chester's leadership has been reduced and now only have the narrowest margins on the top..

That would be a full house for FC Edmonton.

Guest Brethers
Northwich Victoria's win against Ashton United 3-0 means Chester's leadership has been reduced and now only have the narrowest margins on the top..

Another keen follower! Real shame we couldn't turn Vics over on Boxing Day but we didn't play well apparently. Still, we're at the top and as long as we can stay there we'll be fine. Really looking forward to Ebbsfleet on the 14th

am now using this medium to ask you if you will be interested in a football trial in united kingdom sunderland fc . ) coming soon.If interested,This program is been sponsored by Nottingham Forest FC,in respect with FIFA approval email me bruceagentsport@yahoo.co.uk or call +447045702350.

I'd love a trial!

Now... where did I leave my weight removing, dodgy knee fixing time machine?

Seriously, you may want to access one of the other threads

Guest Brethers

Ok sorry, here is the update! We won 4-0 last week at Rushall olympic, Matty McGinn Matty NcNeil (pen) Michael Powell and new signing Levi Mackin scored for us on his debut. McGinn is our top scorer with 12 (he's a left back!!!!!) despite joining later in the season. Powell and McNeil are both on 10. Hednesford drew and Northwic h also drew, being denied a win by a last gasp Buxton goal. Here is the updated table

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

We have a week off league action today with our FA trophy second round tie at Ebbsfleet. I will be attending wiht my dad and I am very excited to see the blues for the first time this season. I will let you allknow how it goes and try and take some pictures too!

This week sees Darlington in a similar situation to Chester.

The game on saturday against fleetwood town may be their last. As a winding up order is on the club for this week.

The local Big boys Sunderland, offered help and to this end, provided a Keeper "On-loan" .

The "NON- League" sactioned this on the proviso that they could only Play an under 19/ youth keeper.

He may be familiar to those Canadians who watched the U19 World Cup, as he is the England U-19 Keeper.

Guest Brethers

We lost to Ebbsfleet 3 2 last week, was a good effort against a team 2 divs above us who are a full time outfit. I have a load of pictures on my phone which I need to upload.

I feel sorry for Darlo, they sacked everyone earlier this week and looks very much like they will go down as you say. Unfortunately the "help" they are/will be receiving is most likely too late

To the Floating viewer of this thread; a very quick overview of what happened to Darlington.

Darlington have always been a community club playing in a 'Tidy' compact stadium for over 120 years.

Their biggest claim to fame was winning the old 4th division.

A few years ago a well meaning "Moneybags" owner, took over.

With dreams of turning the little team with one of the best nicknames in soccer (the Quakers) into say the next Wimbeldon or Wigan, he moved them out into a HUGH 25K seater that they could never fill in a month of Sundays.

I'm sure others could confirm if overinflated wages added to the mix etc, but in short they are probably going to be a case study in Bad Sport Management in years to come.

Unfortunatley Owners seldom take the course.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

I will give this a proper update next week, been very busy and am away for the weekend. But I will let you know how the mighty Chester FC are getting on soon! I will also put up my Ebbsfleet pics

• 1 month later...
Guest Brethers

Right, the very delayed update will be coming today! It may be a bit bitty, but ut will be here. I will wait to do the Ebbsfleet report until I have uploaded my pics

Guest Brethers

Here is the league table: http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

10 games to go we are sitting top by 8 points. We still have to play Northwich (I think) who are second, and we still have to play Chorley. We have already played Hednesford twice, and on Saturday Northwich beat Hednesford at their backyard 2 0, effectively ruling them out of the title race. I think we also have one or two games in hand on Hednesford. So long as we don't spectacularly collapse like last season, we should have the league sorted. But not taking anything for granted after last season! Hopefully I can get down to the title winning game.

Also, we have unveiled our new home shirt design for next season as voted by the fans, made by Puma. Here is the link to the story, has a picture of the kit with it: www.chesterfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10786~2631168,00.html

It's quite a nice shirt I think, modeled on a kit from an earlier era in our history so it's a bit of a throwback. As stated in the article, the shorts and socks are subject to change. The general consenus between fans is black shorts and hooped blue and white socks, similar to what we have now. We have no shirt sponsor confirmed for next season yet

Guest Brethers

Playing Bradford Park Avenus at home tomorrow, beating them will end their very outside title hopes. Lets do this!

Guest Brethers

We beat Bradford PA 3 2 today, a brace from Marc Williams and a rare strike from bruiser Michael Taylor put us 3 0 up at ht. They got one from a corner then a rebound off a saved penalty. Hednesford lost, but Northwich got a come-from-behind win at "home" (they were playing at Macclesfield's moss rose) so we stay 8 points clear with 9 games to go

Guest Brethers

Northwich won their game midweek, so we took to today's game at Matlock 5 points clear, but with a game in hand. Michael Wilde scored the lone goal in the 2nd half for us giving us the 1-0 win after resisting some pressure from Matlock in the first 45. Wilde did get sent off in injury time which was disappointing, but hopefully we step it up for our midweek game versus North Ferriby and don't miss him too much. Northwich lost 2-1 at Whitby Town, with John Disney getting sent off for raising his hands. Karma!! He got our player sent off in the Boxing Day fixture by play acting he got hit in the face by Michael Powell (who has struggled to get back in the team since the suspension). We are 8 points clear with a game in hand (the one v. North Ferriby). If we win that, 11 points clear with 7 games to go and the home game against Northwich on Easter Monday could well be the title winning game. It's close!!

Guest Brethers

Won 3 0, Michael Wilde and Chris Simm rounded off the scoring. 11 points clear with 7 games to play. Blue Square North is getting closer and closer

Guest Brethers

1 0 HT for us at home to Whitby, the beast that is Michael Wilde scored right on the half from a corner. No idea what Northwich score is, no reliable source for a score!

Guest Brethers

Cracking attendance of 3 128 saw us run out 2 0 winners, Matty McGinn scored his 14th of the season from the penalty spot. Good win and although Northwich won, we are in a commanding position. 11 points clear with 6 games to go, and we play Northwich on Easter Monday!! That could well win us the league. It's close!!

Archived