Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Guest Brethers

It was the final of the Cheshire Senior Cup last night. We took the trophy home as 2-1 winners, with a Sarcevic penalty and Tony Gray providing the goals

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brethers

We lost 1-0 to Solihull Moors last Saturday in our last home game, afterwards was the trophy presentation. On wednesday night we drew 1-1 at Halifax and yesterday was our last game of the season at Worcester City. This was a bit of history as Worcester were playing their last game at their ground after 125 years. We won 1-0 with 10 men thanks to an early George Horan goal. We finished the season on 107 points, 100 ahead of bottom team Hinckley who reached 7 points after beating Guiseley yesterday

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

Antoni Sarcevic called to the England C team to go to Bermuda soon. Brilliant news, don't reckon he'll be playing non league for much longer

Antoni Sarcevic called to the England C team to go to Bermuda soon. Brilliant news, don't reckon he'll be playing non league for much longer

What with the Lad at MK dons in the England set up the names on the teams roster in five to ten years will make interesting reading.

• 9 months later...
Guest Brethers

Ok I dropped the ball on this... We are not doing too well this year sitting around the Conference premier drop zone, but everyone around us has to play each other a few times still. We have a new manager in Steve Burr who is on until end of the season. We won our first two games with him in charge and have lost 3 since. BUT still optimistic for staying up. Tomorrow night we have a (televised) match at home to Halifax. This will be on BT sport which can be viewed online or using an online stream. This will be on at half 2 eastern time in the afternoon, ao if you can etch it do it!!! And see the mighty blues play Halifax. Should be an awesome game

Guest Brethers

We also sold Sarcevic at the start of the season for 100k + 30% (rumoured) to Fleetwood. As far as I know he's doing really well in league 2 which is awesome. He's a quality player

Guest Brethers

0 0 at half time, Josh Wilson sent off for Halifax but to be honest it really wasn't a red. We've done quite well, debutant Chapman has looked good in goal.

1 0!!!! Craig Mahon! Super goal off a great move. He is the nephew of Alan Mahon, we also have Wayne Rooney's little brother John. Chapman injured, looks like sprained or dislocated little finger on the left hand. 6 mins to go still 1 0

Guest Brethers

No!!!!!!! Equaliser in the 94th minute for Halifax. Long throw in, clearance hits Jamie Menagh and bounces to James Bolton and he puts it home. Very annoying!! But in our last win we let in a late equaliser and scored straight from kick off

Guest Brethers

HAHAHAHA!!!!! YES!!!!!! Horrible defensive play from James Bolton and Menagh sneaks in and dinks it over the keeper and in! Straight from kick off yes boys!! 2 1, Steve burr loving it, I'm loving it, my friend is loving it.

And that's the game!!! Yesssssss! Huge win

Guest Brethers

So the on loan keeper Aaron Chapman has only dislocated his finger, not broken it. He may be back for the Lincoln game but more likely for the game after so good news!!

Guest Brethers

1-1 draw with Lincoln, not too bad came from behind. Then Lincoln missed a penalty, and from then on from what I heard on the radio we were all over them including hitting the post in the dying minutes. Chapman was back for this game and saved the penno, he has been pretty great so far (2 games I know but still)

Guest Brethers

Last night we had a game at home to Tamworth, won 4-3. Hattrick for Matty taylor who has been superb since coming in on loan and a screamer from John Rooney. Big win as Tamworth were only 3 points back of us in the relegation zone. Up to 19th 2 points clear of the drop zone!

As an aside, on March 7th we're on TV again at Dartford and I'm thinking of going to this one. Should be a good game so if I go I'll try and do live updates!

Guest Brethers

two new signings to report, Brendon Daniels signs as a free agent. Was at Crewe and we had him on loan last season where an injury cut his period with us short. Pacy winger/forward so lets hope he can impress! If he turns out anything like the last lad we got from Crewe I won't be too disappointed... ;)

Other is left back Ricky Bridge from Newcastle Town. This is a major problem position for us so good signing, Steve Burr has said he has great potential and Burr knows what he's talking about. Has helped many lower league footballers move on such as Joe Lolley who was recently signed by Huddersfield from Kidderminster. At home to Nuneaton today come on Bluessss

Guest Brethers

Drew 3-3 at home to Nuneaton, had a man sent off after 8 minutes yet we still took the lead 3 times. Their last equaliser came on 86 minutes so a little disappointing we couldn't hold on but I suppose after an hour and 20 mins you will get tired with one less player on the pitch

Guest Brethers

So the game last night. First half was fairly boring but second half we started bright and Seddon missed a sitter. Made up for it 2 mins later by scoring a BEAUTY, first time hit across the keeper. Held on til the end of the game with a couple of scares, Chapman pulled off a great save for us and they had a penalty shout turned down (didn't look like one from where I was anyways). In the end we got the 1-0 win a huge six pointer which leaves Dartford in the relegation zone and gives us a 6 point cushion on Aldershot who sit 4th bottom in the last relegation spot. We play them Tuesday so another HUGE game. I have some pictures so when I figure out how to get them on here I will!

Here's a link for highlights if you want to watch them: http://sport.bt.com/video-01363814401986?videoid=3309724349001

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

Most recent result, a 2-2 draw at home with Southport who are also around us. Disappointing as we were 2-0 up and they equalised on 89 minutes. but on to the next game tomorrow!

Guest Brethers

3-0 loss to Luton last Saturday was expected as they are running away with the league, but had another game at home on Tuesday against Tamworth. We got a 2-0 win, first was an own goal second was by Danny Carlton who we signed on loan a couple of weeks ago. Goal can be seen here: 

Yesterday we signed 3 players, James Caton who is a winger on loan from Blackpool; Luke Ashworth a centreback from Hyde; and ex-Stoke, Newcastle and premiership footballer Andy Griffin who is mainly a right back but can play across the backline

Interesting to see all the updates on Chester.  I know it's not generally possible, but I don't mind Chester and Wrexham too much although they are huge rivals.  Potentially two clubs who should be in League One and not in the Conference Premier (although the league is littered with ex-league clubs). 

How have crowds been at the Deva Stadium (is that still what it's called) this season?

Guest Brethers

Lost 2-0 at Welling on Saturday, really disappointing as this was a winnable game.

Yeah it's still the Deva! Although through sponsorship it's the Exacta stadium too. Average attendance is 2,213 and is 6th in the league for average attendance. Considering our league position I think that's pretty good and we usually take great away support. I think Wrexham (pains me to say this) are a league club with their infrastructure but they seem to be poorly run. We are a borderline league/conference team and hopefully we can get some good building blocks in place to get more local support for the club, and in doing so bring the club into the league and establish ourselves. We have a huge game at home to Wrexham coming up soon which may well decide if we stay up or not

I admire your committment to Chester; I'm a huge advocate for non-league football.  I don't have a non-league side although I have watched lots in my time in England as well as on visits over there (well, these days Charlton Athletic are borderline non-league). 

I agree with your view on Wrexham being a league club.  I can't speak on the ownership front but I know they had a community trust own the club after it almost went to the wall.  As for Chester, wish you all the luck in staying up this season.       

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brethers

On Saturday it was the big game at home to Wrexham, ended up a relatively boring 0-0 draw with only one or two flash points (one of their strikers should have had a red card according to radio commentary). Yesterday we played at Cambridge who look set to lock down 2nd spot. I thought I'd go as it's not too far from me, and what a decision that was. Danny Carlton scored in the first half and we were superb in defence, particularly the keeper Aaron Chapman and held on for a 1-0 win which was far more than anyone was expecting. One game to go, and it's between us and Hereford (Aldershot can only go down if Hereford beat them on Saturday by about 15 goals). We are 2 points clear of Hereford so they have to win and hope we don't, otherwise it's a Houdini job by Steve Burr and we have another season in the conference!! There are rumours flying around that Hereford will be expelled anyways due to massive debts of around 300k, but I'd rather we stay up due to earning it than being given it. Just need the win at Salisbury on Saturday!!!

Guest Brethers

I am still far too upset to comment about the last day, I watched the game on BT sport and went through roller coaster  of emotions. Gut wrenching to go down but hopefully we can consolidate in the North

Archived