Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Guest Brethers
Brethers, you are a true fan! Best of luck to Chester - it is starting to look a lot like the Wimbledon story, with huge attendances in the lower leagues. (Fcuk MK Dons, and what the fcuk is a Don anyway if it's not somebody from WimbleDON?)

Football finances are in serious need of reform. I think that all teams should have a significant percentage owned by the fans, and fan representation in the boardroom. Could somebody please pass some more tobacco for my pipe?

Thank you, hoping to go and catch a league game before the season ends. Any would do, preferably a home tie but just so long as I can see us after having won the league (doubt any tickets will be available for next Monday, that attendance is going to be outrageous). I am glad that we are attracting more fans now than when we were in the league, shows how far we've come to get this many people in on a consistent basis in a very tough area. Liverpool, Everton, Wrexham, Crewe and Tranmere all in very close vicinity to Chester and all are playing higher up than us. And then Manchester clubs get a lot of attention as well. The progression of the club and the excellent attempts to keep young kids coming back to the Exacta has helped us loads, and it's all down to the fans who have got to work at restoring the club after Vaughan left.

I think that some sort of thing could be brought in where just over 50% of the club is always owned by fans, and the rest is up for grabs. That way no owner could dismantle a club or strip its assets. Any decision taken would be approved by fans and, in theory at least, only be done to help the club

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Brethers

We are playing at Kendal Town tonight, and Northwich are at Chasetown. Chester 2 0 up on 60 mins, Chris Simm with the first and Marc Williams credited with the second. Northwich winning 1 0, but this is just getting us closer to the league title

Edit: 3 0 in injury time, Ashley Williams scoring with one of his first touches after coming on as a sub. Everyone is chuffed for him, brilliant tough tackling centre mid who has missed almost all the season. Only just come back from broken collar bone. Debate over 2nd goal scorer, may have been Christian Smith. Absolute worst we are going to be 11 points clear with 5 games left in the season

Northwich won 1 0, 11 points clear it is. Can wrap up the title over Easter weekend! So excited

Guest Brethers

Northwich played at "home" (they played at Nantwich's ground) on Thursday and won 3-1 against Mickleover Sports, delaying us the opportunity to win the league. We play at Stocksbridge today, winning would put us back to 11 points clear with 12 points remaining. Our goal difference is 31 better than theirs, that game on Easter Monday against them is going to be nuts! Bit disappointing they will have had 2 days extra rest than we will, but the boys will go out there determined to win the league in front of what will be a record crowd

Guest Brethers

We beat Stocksbridge 2-1 on Saturday, only need a point today against Northwich to win the league title. If you want to follow on twitter of racebook, search ChesterFC and they will provide you with very good updates through out. Exciting stuff!!

Guest Brethers

We drew 1 1 today, Matty McGinn screamer to equalise in the 90th minute. WE WON THE LEAGUE!! So so so happy, absolutely loving it. Attendance 5009, huge record attendance. 38 games played in tiers 1 to 4 today, our attendance was better than 10 of those. In tier 7. Just magnificent

We drew 1 1 today, Matty McGinn screamer to equalise in the 90th minute. WE WON THE LEAGUE!! So so so happy, absolutely loving it. Attendance 5009, huge record attendance. 38 games played in tiers 1 to 4 today, our attendance was better than 10 of those. In tier 7. Just magnificent

Excellent! BBC Radio 5 (Online) should take for good listening on Friday afternoon.

Onwards and upwards eh?

Guest Brethers

Aaah missed friday night's show, don't know if we were mentioned! Won 3 1 yesterday at Mickleover Sports, good win. 4 goals and 6 points off 100 goals and points!!

Things get worse for Northwich though, now they have been told they will not be allowed to compete in the playoffs and will not be allowed in the Evostik leagues next season. This means they will be playing 2 divisions lower, at best. Financial reasons have caused this, their owner is an ass

Guest Brethers

Yeah, that probably dampened it a little, glad they mentioned it though. Getting 5,000+ for a game in the 7th tier is simply outrageous, especially as the vast majority were Chester fans. That's almost the full capacity of the Deva! Loving the extended coverage we appear to have got though, on the world service!? haha

Guest Brethers

Played Chorley away on Wednesday, won 2 0. Iain Howard and Marc Williams scored. 2 goals and 1 win from 100 goald and points!

Guest Brethers

Last game of the season, won 4-0 at home to a 3500+ crowd. Marc Williamsgot the first I think, then a Chris Simm hattrick. Has been a marvellous season and 100 point and goal barriers broken. Won the league by 18 points in the end I do believe. Bring on the blue square north!

Guest Brethers

Yeah, not sure if we'd cope with turning pro yet though (which we'd have to do within 2 years of being in the BSP in my opinion). Our manager has a really nice job with merseyrail and some of our players would be reluctant to give up their day jobs too. Mind you some of our players don't have day jobs...

• 3 months later...
Guest Brethers

Thought I'd dust off the thread again. We played at Oxford City yesterday for our first game of the new season in the Blue Square North. After 2 minutes Iain Howard put us 1 0 up and we didn't look back, with the score finishing 1-0. Good start to the season, and it's the first time ever Chester have won an opening game after winning promotion! There have been quite a few squad changes this year, most notably fan favourite Michael Wilde leaving for TNS (we offered him a contract with lower terms than his previous one due to his injury problems last year) and joint top goalscorer from last season Chris Simm was released. Nathan Jarman and Adam Proudlock were brought in to replace them, Jarman looks really handy

Guest Brethers

Unfortunately I can't get to many games, as I live quite far away from Chester. But I will take some when I can get to a game, I do have some pictures from a game I went to last year so I'll try and get them up. Also this website might help http://www.chesterevents.com/index.php/20112012-season/ No pics from this season yet but I think that's because our only game so far has been away. Yeah there are a ridiculous amount of southern teams kicking around, also in the Conference North are Bromley, Histon and Bishop's Stortford. And if Lowestoft had won their playoff final they also would have been in the Conf. North.

Guest Brethers

We played Workington at home last night in front of 3007 people, home debutant Ben Mills scored the only goal of the game at 62 mins to give us a 1-0 win. It was apparently a very nice one touch passing move. Chester events have not yet put the photos up. http://thejestrian.blogspot.co.uk/ This blog is hilarious by the way, writes his own match reports and gives his own takes on club events. All of his quotes and things are made up, but it provides a funny alternative view for anyone who is interested. I particularly like the Nathan Jarman interview

Guest Brethers

Beat Colwyn Bay 2-1 at home in front of 2404 fans today. Goals from Nathan Jarman and (super) sub Ben Mills gave us the win. Ex-Chelsea idiot and own goal supremo Frank Sinclair plays for them now, yesterday evening he was tweeting about the stupid Chester fans and how he would put us in our rightful place. I am pleased to announce he has aided that, by putting us joint top! He has since deleted those tweets after losing the game and has resorted to calling us bellends for giving him man of the match. Stay classy Frank

Archived