Chester FC

Guest Brethers

Guest Brethers

Yeah they were, played them twice already and won both times. For one game the Guardian did a little piece on it and we got our record attendance for the home game with over 3,300 at the game. Won 2-0 in FA trophy against Stourbridge (does this mean we're better than Plymouth?? haha) to put us in the first round proper with the big boyus of the conference. Wrexham at Wembley would be the dream

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah they were, played them twice already and won both times. For one game the Guardian did a little piece on it and we got our record attendance for the home game with over 3,300 at the game. Won 2-0 in FA trophy against Stourbridge (does this mean we're better than Plymouth?? haha) to put us in the first round proper with the big boyus of the conference. Wrexham at Wembley would be the dream

I think we'd kill for 3,300 for a game in Edmonton.

Guest Brethers
I think we'd kill for 3,300 for a game in Edmonton.

Was quite chuffed with that attendance for the league below the conference north. Better than Wrexham's and some league 2 clubs as well.

We have drawn to play either Corby or North Ferriby away in 1st round of FA trophy. Good chance of progression and some nice prize money

Was quite chuffed with that attendance for the league below the conference north. Better than Wrexham's and some league 2 clubs as well.

We have drawn to play either Corby or North Ferriby away in 1st round of FA trophy. Good chance of progression and some nice prize money

North Ferriby is home to the Windass! That been Dean Windass, the Lad who got Hull into the EPL a few seasons ago. He now plays a Scarborough Athletic, the Pheonix that a rose from the Pyre that was Scarborough FC, but you probably know that right?

Strangley when Scarborough went bust the fans split in two camps, One camp formed "The Athletic" the other "The Town". I wonder in 100 years if they will emulate another famous parting of the ways, that been the one on Merseyside which created The Everton and Liverpool dynsties.

Good luck against "The Villagers".

Guest Brethers

Played North Ferriby already this season in the league and beat them, and they came out on top in their replay so that's where we're going. Cheers! Haha I miss Dean on sky sports news, he was quality. Yeah that Scarborough business was odd, and I've lost track of how well they're doing now. The problem with reformed clubs is you start off with a good number of supporters but if you stall and don't do as well as anticipated the numbers can drop fast and you get stuck.

But the good news for us is that we're on the rise and increasing our publicity. Colin Murray, Pat Nevin and Perry Groves all bought into our rebirth and ended up sponsoring us, and Murray regularly mentioned us on his 5live friday night program last season and occassionally interviewed someone from the club be it a player or media officer. Nevin and Groves were honourary subs for every game last season too and Colin still is involved with the club. He has even taken them on as a second team! The city is embracign the team and we're on the rise!

Guest Brethers

Yeah that would be pretty cool, I'm sure he'd be interested to hear about it! There are also a couple of Chester fans living in Canada so we're spreading ;) hahaha.

I reckon he'd also be interested about FCE, he is a genuine football man. Maybe we could get him to persuade Hoillet as well hehe :P

Yeah that would be pretty cool, I'm sure he'd be interested to hear about it! There are also a couple of Chester fans living in Canada so we're spreading ;) hahaha.

I reckon he'd also be interested about FCE, he is a genuine football man. Maybe we could get him to persuade Hoillet as well hehe :P

Okay so I'll be Emailing the letter below to the "Kicking of with Colin Murry" show on Radio Five as soon as the sites up in 2 minutes...

Dear Colin, Perry and Pat,

Greeting from Western Canada!

Thought I would drop you a line with regards to the following website/forrm.

http://www.cansoc.org/forum.php

Contrary to popular belief not all sports in Canada involve the adornment of Body Armour (Hockey CFL etc) or the jumping at, if not through, Hoops.

Association Football suits up more amateur players during the week than even Ice Hockey or even the National sport of Lacrosse. Ontario even formed the first football association outside the British Isles in 1877.

However, for your consideration, we have this thread on the website which we thought you might like to peruse.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42737-Chester-FC

Okay, so there is only me and Brethers, (a guy based in Ipswich) who post at the moment but from small acorns... eh?

I write to you because we “Canadian Soccer fans” have a favour to ask. If at any point in the near future, you interview a young man from Brampton, Ontario who plays up front for Blackburn. Could you please pass on the message that we would dearly love him to pull on the Maple leaf and play for his country of birth. (We’re a bit worried he might go all Caribbean on us) He’s called David by the way.

For myself, I’m based in Alberta and have been following the exploits of FC Edmonton from day one.

Okay, so day one was December 2009, but in their first season they didn’t tank and in Sean Saiko, we have a name that some Middlesboro’ fans may be aware of. The side is heavily influenced with a Dutch coaching philosophy, Set down by Dwight Lodeweges, and continued by his replacement Harry Sinkgraven, when he alighted to Japan to Helm Jeff United’s tilt at Promotion to the J-League.

Currently we are looking forward to the Canadian championships in the spring, when we’ll no doubt draw TFC (again) and hope to make a good tilt at the NASL title next season.

Yours Faithfully,

Alberta White

Guest Brethers
Okay so I'll be Emailing the letter below to the "Kicking of with Colin Murry" show on Radio Five as soon as the sites up in 2 minutes...

Dear Colin, Perry and Pat,

Greeting from Western Canada!

Thought I would drop you a line with regards to the following website/forrm.

http://www.cansoc.org/forum.php

Contrary to popular belief not all sports in Canada involve the adornment of Body Armour (Hockey CFL etc) or the jumping at, if not through, Hoops.

Association Football suits up more amateur players during the week than even Ice Hockey or even the National sport of Lacrosse. Ontario even formed the first football association outside the British Isles in 1877.

However, for your consideration, we have this thread on the website which we thought you might like to peruse.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?42737-Chester-FC

Okay, so there is only me and Brethers, (a guy based in Ipswich) who post at the moment but from small acorns... eh?

I write to you because we “Canadian Soccer fans” have a favour to ask. If at any point in the near future, you interview a young man from Brampton, Ontario who plays up front for Blackburn. Could you please pass on the message that we would dearly love him to pull on the Maple leaf and play for his country of birth. (We’re a bit worried he might go all Caribbean on us) He’s called David by the way.

For myself, I’m based in Alberta and have been following the exploits of FC Edmonton from day one.

Okay, so day one was December 2009, but in their first season they didn’t tank and in Sean Saiko, we have a name that some Middlesboro’ fans may be aware of. The side is heavily influenced with a Dutch coaching philosophy, Set down by Dwight Lodeweges, and continued by his replacement Harry Sinkgraven, when he alighted to Japan to Helm Jeff United’s tilt at Promotion to the J-League.

Currently we are looking forward to the Canadian championships in the spring, when we’ll no doubt draw TFC (again) and hope to make a good tilt at the NASL title next season.

Yours Faithfully,

Alberta White

I'm liking it a lot! And I'm sure they'll appreciate the message and hopefully they can do something about Hoilett. And more exposure for football in Canada can only be a good thing. I think they will really like the FC Edmonton part in there, they are genuine football lovers

I'm liking it a lot! And I'm sure they'll appreciate the message and hopefully they can do something about Hoilett. And more exposure for football in Canada can only be a good thing. I think they will really like the FC Edmonton part in there, they are genuine football lovers

I'd look to start a FCE twitter Campaign , but I dont...twitter that is.

Guest Brethers

Won 2 0 at home to Worksop today, means we have spent all of 2011 unbeaten. First time we have done this in a calendar year since the 70s I think. Really nice to see us making the exacra a fortress this year after some poor results at home in 2010. Am looking to renew my CFU membership for christmas as I didn't at the start of the season, so any Canadians out there who fancy owning a small part of the club feel free to donate.

I do tweet alberta white, what did you have in mind?

Edit: I will post other evo stik premier results tomorrow, but I believe Hednesford (3rd) won today and Chorley drew 0 0. Hopefully by the amount of thread views, there are a few interested in our plight!

Also another tenuous canada link, Watson or Aunger played a small handful of games in the mid nineties for Chester City

Guest Brethers

My apologies, Hednesford drew 0 0 and Nantwich won 5 4. This means we're still top on goal difference, with Hednesford 3rd 3 points back and an hand. Looking good for us coming into the new year! We're play North Ferriby in the Trophy on Saturday

Guest Brethers

Second round draw gives us Ebbsfleet away. They are in the conference so will be a tricky tie, but we can turn them over! Also I can actually get to this game! Yes!

Guest Brethers
Post some Pictures! If possible?

Pictueres of the Ebbsfleet tie? Or general Chester ones?

Mini league round up, we beat 6th place Marine 2-1 yesterday. Came from 1-0 down to win, and then played last 35 mins with 10 men and our keeper made some quality saves to keep us in it. Northwich Victoria won 2-1 vs FC United to keep them 3 points back and Hednesford lost to Worksop which has enabled us to hold a 3 point gap at the top of the table at Christmas. Boxing Day fixture at Northwich is going to be huuuuuge!

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

Pictueres of the Ebbsfleet tie? Or general Chester ones?

Mini league round up, we beat 6th place Marine 2-1 yesterday. Came from 1-0 down to win, and then played last 35 mins with 10 men and our keeper made some quality saves to keep us in it. Northwich Victoria won 2-1 vs FC United to keep them 3 points back and Hednesford lost to Worksop which has enabled us to hold a 3 point gap at the top of the table at Christmas. Boxing Day fixture at Northwich is going to be huuuuuge!

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php

Ebbsfleet would be good.

Thanks for the table. I note my old local non-leaguers Garforth town are pushing for playoff in the division below.

Guest Brethers
Ebbsfleet would be good.

Thanks for the table. I note my old local non-leaguers Garforth town are pushing for playoff in the division below.

I will get some. I went to Garforth last season on the royal wedding day as it was our last game. Second placed Skelmersdale reqiured an 8 or 9 goal swing to win the league. We lost 2 1, Garforth looked handy. This resulted in people frantically looking for Skem's score, with various rumours coming out. In the end end they won 8 2 against Osset Albion (or town, can't remember which) so we were promoted by a goal. All Chester fans love Dan Toronczak (spelling?) who scored the two goals against Skem.

Can you help me out? Ever since going to Garforth, I've been wondering who Norman Hebron is cause their stand is named after him. Garforth's goals were both good, one was a bicycle kick off a corner the other a lovely 30 yard curler

I will get some. I went to Garforth last season on the royal wedding day as it was our last game. Second placed Skelmersdale reqiured an 8 or 9 goal swing to win the league. We lost 2 1, Garforth looked handy. This resulted in people frantically looking for Skem's score, with various rumours coming out. In the end end they won 8 2 against Osset Albion (or town, can't remember which) so we were promoted by a goal. All Chester fans love Dan Toronczak (spelling?) who scored the two goals against Skem.

Can you help me out? Ever since going to Garforth, I've been wondering who Norman Hebron is cause their stand is named after him. Garforth's goals were both good, one was a bicycle kick off a corner the other a lovely 30 yard curler

I still have family who live up that neck of the woods so I'll ask around.

Simon clifford the owner is an intresting character. He was the technical adviser on Bend it ike Beckham. and was responsible for all the Brazilian Imports. Socrates, Romario etc!

Norman Hebron is the name of the Club President as of Gerforth West Riding County cup win. Not sure if the naming is Postumous however.

apologies to Mr Hebron if he is indeed still with us.

Guest Brethers
I still have family who live up that neck of the woods so I'll ask around.

Simon clifford the owner is an intresting character. He was the technical adviser on Bend it ike Beckham. and was responsible for all the Brazilian Imports. Socrates, Romario etc!

Norman Hebron is the name of the Club President as of Gerforth West Riding County cup win. Not sure if the naming is Postumous however.

apologies to Mr Hebron if he is indeed still with us.

Yeah he has Brazilian soccer schools too. They had Cafu back in 09/10. Ah thanks for that! Been wondering all year. I liked Garforth as a team, tidy little ground with a nice pitch. Some unimaginative street names though!

Guest Brethers

Looking for a late christmas present or stocking filler? Visit www.cityfansunited.com and look into giving someone a year long membership to the CFU, you get to own part of Chester FC for the length of your membership and also donate money to an excellent fan owned, community based club when you apply for membership

Wow, there really is just 5 pages of the both of you. I did read with excitement as I can see the passion you hold for this club within your posts. I can only wish here in Canada we all get the opportunity to support a home-town club like you do in the UK rather than travelling an hour to the local big city where you feel a bit like tourist trying to support the team you love.

All the best to Chester FC!

Guest Brethers

haha yeah it is. Thank you very much, even though I don't live near Chester I have a lot of passion for them and try and make everygame I can which is hard being a student. Yes hopefully we will see more local pro teams in Canada to cheer

Guest Brethers

Finished 1 1 at Northwich today. Their keeper was sent off on 13 mins for handling out of the box, left back went in goal and dropped the subsequent free kick from Wes Baynes into the net. We then had our stand in captain Michael Powell sent off on the stroke of half time. According to twitter this was harsh and a dive from their No. 2 but Powell did raise his hands. They equalised in 2nd half and then Baynes got himself sent off. Nervous 10 mins with 9 men but we got a good point, and with Hednesford losing we stay 3 points clear of Northwich and now 4 points ahead of 3rd placed Hednesford.

Archived