Caps Annoucement 14 April

tmcmurph

All season ticket holders will be "guests of the Whitecaps"? Holy cow. What a great way to say thanks to the fans.

Not just existing STH, but those who purchase by the end of the month as well. Maybe the folks at TFC could learn a few things from that strategy. The release posted on the 'Caps site says tickets will be valued at $60.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011/04/whitecaps-fc-host-english-premier-league-club-manchester-city-fc

Not just existing STH, but those who purchase by the end of the month as well. Maybe the folks at TFC could learn a few things from that strategy. The release posted on the 'Caps site says tickets will be valued at $60.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011/04/whitecaps-fc-host-english-premier-league-club-manchester-city-fc

To be fair to TFC (only a little) WHitecaps FC had the advantage of watching the Real Madrid vs. TFC debacle and the fan reaction to the price gouge that went on there, as I remember, didn't season ticket holders have to pay for that match?. I wouldn't excuse Whitecaps FC from at least not thinking about charging everyone.

Thanks TFC!! :)

To be fair to TFC (only a little) WHitecaps FC had the advantage of watching the Real Madrid vs. TFC debacle and the fan reaction to the price gouge that went on there, as I remember, didn't season ticket holders have to pay for that match?. I wouldn't excuse Whitecaps FC from at least not thinking about charging everyone.

Thanks TFC!! :)

TFC STH did have to pay for the Real match. They did have an international match included in their season tickets that season, but it was the match against River Plate.

Only the Real Madrid match was not included in the season tickets package. The other international friendlies were all free (eg.: Aston Villa, Benfica, River plate..... Etc). Also, if I recall correctly, so was the all star game versus West Ham.

No matter what, the Whitecaps deal for STH for the Man City game has made a huge impression on the media and the general public. A master stroke of marketing and public relations.

yeah they are definitely making friends, not to mention you can purchase season tickets still at a discounted rate, due to less games being left, while still being eleigble for the free ManCity game.

Only the Real Madrid match was not included in the season tickets package. The other international friendlies were all free (eg.: Aston Villa, Benfica, River plate..... Etc). Also, if I recall correctly, so was the all star game versus West Ham.

Weren't STH's charged double the regular game rate for international friendlies?

I'd also like to remind everyone that MLSE thought it'd be a great idea for their fans to have to pay to watch Real Madrid practice.

Consider yourselves lucky Caps fans! (Or maybe it's just us that are unlucky?)

Weren't STH's charged double the regular game rate for international friendlies?

I'd also like to remind everyone that MLSE thought it'd be a great idea for their fans to have to pay to watch Real Madrid practice.

Consider yourselves lucky Caps fans! (Or maybe it's just us that are unlucky?)

I never paid anything for the friendlies. I paid for the seasons tickets at the beginning of the season and each package contained two ticket for intnational friendlies for two TBD opponents. As I said, other than the Real Madrid game, there were no international friendlies where the season ticket holders had to pay extra for.

I never paid anything for the friendlies. I paid for the seasons tickets at the beginning of the season and each package contained two ticket for intnational friendlies for two TBD opponents. As I said, other than the Real Madrid game, there were no international friendlies where the season ticket holders had to pay extra for.

Yes, but the price of those friendlies were incorporated into the overall price of the ST packages. If those games had not been offered you would have likely paid 4/19's or 4/20's less than you did (4 being the double price for 2 games and the 19 or 20 being total units of games offered in the package ie. 15 MLS games + 2 friendlies at X2 value).

Yes, but the price of those friendlies were incorporated into the overall price of the ST packages. If those games had not been offered you would have likely paid 4/19's or 4/20's less than you did (4 being the double price for 2 games and the 19 or 20 being total units of games offered in the package ie. 15 MLS games + 2 friendlies at X2 value).

Yes, but i am sure it's the same the same thing with the current Whitecaps situation in regards to the Man city friendly. Do you honestly think that they are do this for free? Does anybody do anything for free?

Archived