Karma is a b****, Mr.Begovic

kokokraut

Hilarious, I didn't go throught he entire articles.

Anyone know how long this ban would or could be, I assume they would suffer at least without being able to play in Euro 2012.

Doesn't really specify how long the ban would be. I suspect that it is largely dependent on how long it takes the Bosnian FA to reform their current structure, which is largely influenced by ethnic divisons within the country. However, this ban would put an end to their EURO 2012 qualifying campaign, which also nulls the points obtained by other countries against Bosnia in their group.

A suspension would effectively punish those in Bosnia who voted for FIFA's and UEFA's rules and will reward those who voted against them because people in the Serb half of the country don't support Bosnia's national team. They view the national team of neighbouring Serbia as their own, and would not be unhappy to see the Bosnian team suspended.

Charming.

That being said it does look FIFA like will have to suspend the federation unless some other short term, transition, compromise can be found. They just need to find a way for the "pain" of the suspension to be felt more evenly along ethnic lines. You know, something like taking away the ability of players born in the geographic region of Bosnia-Herzegovina from automatically qualifying to play for the countries of their parents or grandparents birth. And make such a scheme retroactive.

That should speed reform along. Lot of *****ing and crying from individuals being punished for something they may or may not have anything to do with but to bad. Welcome to life on planet earth.

Hilarious, I didn't go throught he entire articles.

Anyone know how long this ban would or could be, I assume they would suffer at least without being able to play in Euro 2012.

There are some deep-seated animosities in Bosnia, but I'd be surprised if they don't work something out. It will be like Iraq's three day suspension or Nigeria's five day suspension.

Obviously I don't feel an ounce of sympathy towards Begovic but I do feel sorry for Bosnia as a whole and think that FIFA and UEFA are wrong to not try to continue to find a compromise solution. While the Bosnian Serbs feel more loyalty towards Serbia than Bosnia and could force this situation out of spite, they also have legitimate concerns about the precedence this would set regarding ruling the country by the terms set out in the Dayton Accord. It is in the best interests of the Bosniaks to have a strong central government and a weak Rupbulica Serbska so they would favour any move that weakens the provisions of the Dayton Accord. This would also be in the interest of the western powers that control FIFA and UEFA so one wonders how much outside political pressure may have been exerted on football's governing bodies to take this stance. Football should not be the catalyst for change within the way a country is ruled and if the Bosnian Serbs agreed to FIFA's terms this could well be the result.

Obviously I don't feel an ounce of sympathy towards Begovic but I do feel sorry for Bosnia as a whole and think that FIFA and UEFA are wrong to not try to continue to find a compromise solution. While the Bosnian Serbs feel more loyalty towards Serbia than Bosnia and could force this situation out of spite, they also have legitimate concerns about the precedence this would set regarding ruling the country by the terms set out in the Dayton Accord. It is in the best interests of the Bosniaks to have a strong central government and a weak Rupbulica Serbska so they would favour any move that weakens the provisions of the Dayton Accord. This would also be in the interest of the western powers that control FIFA and UEFA so one wonders how much outside political pressure may have been exerted on football's governing bodies to take this stance. Football should not be the catalyst for change within the way a country is ruled and if the Bosnian Serbs agreed to FIFA's terms this could well be the result.

Agreed! I'd rather Bosnia just fail to qualify the normal way, which probably would happen anyways. Sucks when fans are screwed by politics such as this.

• 1 month later...

Archived