F- Tristan Jackman | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

F- Abraham Kamara | Unattached / sans club

F- Keith Makubuya | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

F- Stefan Vukovic | CAN / Toronto Serbian White Eagles

Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Valerio Gazzola

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Michael Findlay

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Rafael Carbajal

Video Coordinator / Vidéaste : Linda Hathorn (née Consolante)

Team Manager / Gérant d’équipe : Les Meszaros

Equipment Assistant / Adjoint de l'équipement : Davide DeDonato

Doctor / Docteur : Dr. Derek Carr

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute du sport : Al Ezaki

The CSA article states the matches against Costa Rica were on the 25th and 27th, so they've already been played. CSA does not have the results up on their fixture list...

You can already see the impact the 3 club academies are having on our Youth NT's.

No Doneil Henry btw, guess they didn't want to overwork him?

Its quite interesting that you are now seeing almost a total domination of the selection of the youth sides from the 3 pro sides academies with a few from the CSL sides dotted around. For that reason, Ontario players are now dominating the selection process with BC and Quebec players maintaining their own. Albertan players have almost disappeared from the youth sides. And so to have the odd East coast or Manitoban player. The new BC high performance league may help them in the coming years and I seriously hope the Quebec federation takes its finger out of its a** and lets other sides join the CSL (they seem to run a monopoly pyramid for the Impact's benefit which is damaging their overall development). Edmonton FC seriously needs to develop its academy, and Alberta its youth structure in order to give their players a chance. Hopefully, the CSL can expand to the prairies in the coming years in order to add that next rung of development. Otherwise, I am afraid we are going backwards in terms of development there.

Its quite interesting that you are now seeing almost a total domination of the selection of the youth sides from the 3 pro sides academies with a few from the CSL sides dotted around. For that reason, Ontario players are now dominating the selection process with BC and Quebec players maintaining their own. Albertan players have almost disappeared from the youth sides. And so to have the odd East coast or Manitoban player. The new BC high performance league may help them in the coming years and I seriously hope the Quebec federation takes its finger out of its a** and lets other sides join the CSL (they seem to run a monopoly pyramid for the Impact's benefit which is damaging their overall development). Edmonton FC seriously needs to develop its academy, and Alberta its youth structure in order to give their players a chance. Hopefully, the CSL can expand to the prairies in the coming years in order to add that next rung of development. Otherwise, I am afraid we are going backwards in terms of development there.

It seems coaches are getting lazy and just looking at the big 3 clubs but you need to question why a guy like Michaael Cox who featured steady for Edmonton last summer hasn't been given a U20 look.

It seems coaches are getting lazy and just looking at the big 3 clubs but you need to question why a guy like Michaael Cox who featured steady for Edmonton last summer hasn't been given a U20 look.

I disagree with this affirmation. Academies from the 3 pro clubs are supposed to be the elite now in Canada. Also, it seems CSL is getting more serious and while I never watched a CSL game, from what others posted here in the forums, it seems the CSL is getting more quality.

It's time for Alberta clubs to seriously sit down and put an elite youth league together. I know there have been some very informal discussions but the mess with ASA has not helped. CMSA put a half-baked proposal out last summer but it was riddled with flaws. The distrust of elite club soccer by the volunteer boards at CMSA, EMSA and ASA has been a barrier to any useful proposals.

^ I couldn't agree more. Ten years ago, we were basically producing at least one solid CMNT prospect a year out of Alberta. Nowhere near that today. We can thank the suits for putting up roadblocks to elite player development while they work hard at entrenching their trough time. F*ing pigs.

Totally agree that Alberta soccer has to really look at itself and how it is (or is not) developing elite players. However, I thought it would be important to know that one of the players in the U18 national team is from Alberta - Tim Hickson who is with the Whitecaps. There are also several Alberta players on the U17 national team, one of these players also being part of the Whitecaps - Matteo Pasquotti. So, there are players coming through.

Archived