NS - Halifax Dunbrack

PEI - Pilot House Sherwood-Parkdale Rangers SC

NL - Holy Cross Kirby

PQ - Verts de Sherbrooke

ON - To be known September 12/10.

MB - WSA North Stars

AB - Edmonton Angels

BC - Surrey United

The info above will be updated as I learn more.

Tournament Website: unknown at this time.

Who's going to be our roving reporter/cameraman on the y'island? If we don't have anyone local perhaps someone from "away" will be in town watching. Otherwise we're down to the CSA and there will probably be a bit in the local papers.

It will get interesting if they get a flash snowstorm, because I believe the only indoor facility on the island in Stratford isn't big enough for adult full-field games. So no repeat of last year in Saskatoon.

Wouldn't it be great if SSN or EastLink streamed these.

Who's going to be our roving reporter/cameraman on the y'island? If we don't have anyone local perhaps someone from "away" will be in town watching. Otherwise we're down to the CSA and there will probably be a bit in the local papers.

It looks like I'll be over in PEI for this tournament. I'll post whatever news and game photos I can.

Didn't see a post for this yet so I'll jump in.

Lucania SC took the MSA Cup Saturday night defeating long time rivals Sons of Italy Lions 4-3 at the WSC. A close marking stop & start first 70 minutes (and 3-nil Lucania lead against 10 men Lions) was promptly followed by a wild 50 minutes (including 3 Lions goals in 12 minutes) of edge of your seat stuff and a cracking direct free-kick goal worthy of any Cup title well into over-timer.

Was a great match in front of the worst crowd I've seen for an MSA Cup final ever (with the disclaimer I've missed more than a few over the last few years).

So there you have it. Lucania on their way to a domestic double and a chance at their 3rd Challenge Cup.

Warning to all up-coming adversaries; Lucania can pull goals right out of the blue. On the build up. On the break. On a speculative strike. Take your pick.

Advise to all up-coming adversaries; Sons of Italy were giving Lucania absolute fits, fits on corners and set plays in the attacking third. Maybe a bit of an off night in that regard but definitely NOT an aerial power.

Didn't see a post for this yet so I'll jump in.

Was a great match in front of the worst crowd I've seen for an MSA Cup final ever (with the disclaimer I've missed more than a few over the last few years).

How about telling everyone that it had been raining all day and that the crowd was more than reasonable considering the weather.

LOL. Yeah, it was a bit wet but had let up almost entirely by kickoff. Rain didn't seem to hurt the play any but that's why you drop a couple of millions on the latest and greatest fake turf. I'm not going to say the crowd was more than reasonable because it wasn't, least not to my mind.

Not sure which hurt the attendance more though, the rain or the late kickoff.

Gawd, recall years ago being at a final at Red River and a near tornado touching down. That was awesome. Play was suspended, everyone was soaked through to their bones and I'm sure more than one piece of venue equipment was carried off to Oz.

Good times. Good times.

cant wait. I play for the PEI Selects (2nd from left, back row). Hope maybe we can get a gathering some night at Churchill to meet.

the majority of Churchill FC is returning Avondale players, with a couple new faces (a CG player, and some local university players). Tons of experience, and tight knit.

PEI Selects (sponsor pending) are mostly comprised of the PEI Canada Games squad from 09 who put on a great tournament, and a mix of Holland College Hurricanes(finished 5th at the CCAAs), UPEI, and local talents. Loads of speed.

Together there are 3 father/sons, 2 different sets of brothers, and all guys have been playing together since early ages (U6-U8).

Really looking forward to welcoming everyone to the island.

• 2 weeks later...

This year groups:

Group A

Lucania SC (Manitoba)

Calgary Dinosaurs (Alberta)

Gorge FC (British Columbia)

Huskie Alumni (Sask)

AEK London FC (Ontario)

Group B

Royal Sélect de Beauport (Quebec)

Churchill Arms (PEI)

Holy Cross (NF)

Halifax Dunbrack (Nova Scotia)

PEI Selects (PEI)

I'm not sure why both teams from the host province are in the same group, that's weird.

This year groups:

Group A

Lucania SC (Manitoba)

Calgary Dinosaurs (Alberta)

Gorge FC (British Columbia)

Huskie Alumni (Sask)

AEK London FC (Ontario)

Group B

Royal Sélect de Beauport (Quebec)

Churchill Arms (PEI)

Holy Cross (NF)

Halifax Dunbrack (Nova Scotia)

PEI Selects (PEI)

I'm not sure why both teams from the host province are in the same group, that's weird.

Seems odd to have all the Maritime teams and Quebec in the same group to expand on your thoughts a little.

Archived