2010 Challenge Cup & Jubilee Trophy - News/Results/Photos

nsslfan

Seems odd to have all the Maritime teams and Quebec in the same group to expand on your thoughts a little.

We went through this last year but the groups are based on the previous year results. I just think they should have rule that make it impossible to have both teams from the host province in the same group.

We went through this last year but the groups are based on the previous year results. I just think they should have rule that make it impossible to have both teams from the host province in the same group.

Certainly agree with that. Alberta went random seeding for youth provincials this year instead of last year's results and it made for a few very odd pools. It wouldn't be very hard to add a rule preventing what you describe and it seems strange that no-one would have the foresight to do this.

Great opportunity for Cross to win a medal this year. My former team still has a very young squad and will be looking to build on their experience last year. For the second year in a row they were the favorite in a province where St. Lawrence are perennial favorites. It's also noteworthy that St. Lawrence, who won both a silver and a bronze last decade in this tournament, finished 3rd this year behind Mount Pearl and Holy Cross. St. Lawrence even hosted the final tournament and they still have the same core they have had for 6-8 years. Perhaps this years results exemplify the growing competitiveness here in Newfoundland. So look out for Cross this year and expect them to be a dark horse.

It looks like I'll be over in PEI for this tournament. I'll post whatever news and game photos I can.

That's great - bring your camera and laptop!

Awesome, maybe a webcam and Skype ;) It is always handy to have a PFA (person from away) take care of things. I wish I could go back, I miss PEI in the summer.

I'm sorry to say that it looks like I won't be going to PEI after all. Sorry everyone.

Archived