Ankara interested in Klukowski?

nolando

Well, scanning the Turkish news makes it sound like this deal will be finished in the next day or two. Trouble is, it's hard to find anyone outside of the Turkish press talking about, including here, which is a little puzzling.

Part of the translation reads like this:

Ankara continues to work at the moment of transfer of the rare Belgium's Club Brugge'de left back Michael Klukowski and it was learned that negotiations continue...Michael Klukowski tomorrow or the next day (the contract) is expected to arrive in Ankara.

http://www.klasspor.com/tr/haber/14310-Sestak_Ankarada.html

From another article... quotes from Brugge manager Luc Devroe that suggest Klukowski was offered a four year contract by his current club and that the offer was turned down in favour of the Turkish offer:

http://www.internetspor.com/spor/turkcell-super-lig/ankaragucune-kanadali-yildiz-38306.html

This move will provide Kluks with a better test week in and week out. The only thing i'm worried about is that Ankaragucu just signed 20 year old Turkish U21 LB Ugur Demirkol from Ankaraspor. Kluks is likely the starter for now, but he's going to have this kid breathing down his neck until he loses his job to him.

Would be a solid move for him, I've always really like the level the Turkish league is at, I feel they are underrated at the same time. They aren't as top heavy as they used to be either with Anakara now spending they had Rothen on loan last year. Plus Bursapor broke the big 3 dominance and Sivasspor and Trabzonspor are both legit contenders as well.

A league that was really only 3 clubs has now grown into a good 6-7 clubs that are competitve, plus the big 3 spent big this year. Besiktas looks scary. I also believe we will see more teams start to become competitive in that league. Simpson ha smade a little name for himself at Manispor as well.

As for jpg pointing out they just picked up young LB Turkish prospect. As much as your so right about he's gonna have the kid breathing down his neck. I think its a good thing. Having someone push you to be better is never a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived