Ali Gerba

bingham

quote:Originally posted by bingham

Isn't it finally time to acknowledge that Gerba is Canada's best current striker and that Rob Friend is what he is: a rather clumsy target man who isn't fit to wipe the boots of the great one. Ali! Ali! Ali!

Lets see Friend under Hart before we say that. Friend played his best Canada match vs. Jamaica 2006 under Hart and then never really was able to feature in the Gold Cup 2007. Besides he is ever improving.

This is kind of like saying Carlo Corrazin is a better striker than Radzinski because he produced more for Canada. But if you had to start one in a key qualifier it would still probably be Radz

So TFC have a viable replacement for their current big man up front(DD). This is a good move because many here have pointed out the truth that TFC plays much better with an excellent big man up front than they do otherwise. Now DD is getting older and might not be around much longer so getting Ali is the best thing they could do. Forget the DP and focus next on improving the bench 7. I think the starting 11 are good.

Pity they let Marcus Haber go because he fits the big man up front with good touch and pace. TFC's loss is my Caps gain [8D]

I think Ali may be the missing piece of the offensive puzzle up front. 10 of the next 15 on the road and a bunch of timely goals from the new guy could just be the ticket to the playoffs.

quote:Originally posted by bingham

Isn't it finally time to acknowledge that Gerba is Canada's best current striker and that Rob Friend is what he is: a rather clumsy target man who isn't fit to wipe the boots of the great one. Ali! Ali! Ali!

No.

Archived