Canada U20 v T&T tonight

jonovision

quote:Originally posted by loyola

None of the 3 players mentionned is playing that much at the pro level. Bonifacio didn't made a single appearance with his club before he got loaned out to a Dutch second division team.

Paris is in the same situation with a second division Danish side.

I'm not sure about Igor but I don't think he is with the first team in Hungary (enlight me on this, I don't know his situation).

It's pretty tough to evaluate all those players because we haven't had the chance to see much of them. One thing is clear, the 3 guys you mentionned don't have an impressive club situation IMO, nothing that should guarantee you a place on the starting 11.

Ummm ... Danish and Dutch second division are still professional sides ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Saviola7

Ummm ... Danish and Dutch second division are still professional sides ...

I know. My point is that it's not high level professional league they are playing in. Also, Paris and Brandon I've seen limited action this year with their clubs. So I doubt they are really above anyone else in this team in term of talent.

When I looked at hat roster I thought it was pretty solid but I couldn't identify a potential star player except Adam Street. That is maybe the problem.

Good luck against Mexico!

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I know. My point is that it's not high level professional league they are playing in. Also, Paris and Brandon I've seen limited action this year with their clubs. So I doubt they are really above anyone else in this team in term of talent.

When I looked at hat roster I thought it was pretty solid but I couldn't identify a potential star player except Adam Street. That is maybe the problem.

Good luck against Mexico!

Maybe not a lot of stars but this team has more potential pros than any past team. What I mean is lots of guys who will be around for a while and not many players who are just going to dissapear as we have seen in past teams.

This team is going to provide a lot of depth for Canada for years to come. But maybe only a few starters for the CMNT (Nana, Street, Saiko, Gage)

^ Street has to be held to account on that goal. You can't let yourself be beat short side that badly....the wall was awful and the free kick was well taken but the keeper needs to do better in organizing his wall and forcing the shooter to beat you far side (maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion)

Great chance for Canada at the end of that clip (looks like Randy almost deposited in the far corner)

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^ Street has to be held to account on that goal. You can't let yourself be beat short side that badly....the wall was awful and the free kick was well taken but the keeper needs to do better in organizing his wall and forcing the shooter to beat you far side (maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion)

Great chance for Canada at the end of that clip (looks like Randy almost deposited in the far corner)

Great shot, but I agree, he looked a bit weak on that one.

Archived