Marlon James a Cap.

Grandstander

quote:Originally posted by nolando

This still seems as strange to me as it did when they first went after him earlier in the year. A 32 y/o striker with no connection to (read: no reason to stick around)the community. Odd.

Vancouver is a lot closer to SV&G than Malaysia and probably pays just as well. Not that odd.

quote:Originally posted by snake

qualicum beach is heaven right now compared to the lower mainland .cleared streets,+4 degrees,nicer people.

krammerhead have you thought about taking the west coast express to chilliwack

I've got quite a lot of stuff to take with me, so it's not an option. Damn me, it's starting to snow again.

Thanks for the help guys, and to everyone else sorry for the thread hijack.

Originally posted by Krammerhead

Thanks Nolando. Gotta visit my mum, she has cancer and it might be her last Christmas. Thanks Vic for the links.

[/quote

Bummer, man. My Mom is in Mission, and I know the drive well - it wouldnt be easy between Abbotsford and Chilliwack in the conditions although, counterintuitively it has been vancouver getting more snow than the Fraser Valley during the past coupld of weeks. I would invite you out with me but my Mom is in Vancouver this year.

I hope you have a decent visit and best wishes to your mother.

merry xmas

This still seems as strange to me as it did when they first went after him earlier in the year. A 32 y/o striker with no connection to (read: no reason to stick around)the community. Odd.

Nolando, if the Caps intentions are to get into MLS, and if they do get into MLS, then they have no reason to better themselves in USL, and to sign players with any future in the city.

I think he's a great pick-up for the Caps..There was rumors that Nick De Santis was trying to sign him last summer for the Impact and he was actually the only player worth noticing on St-Vincent's squad when the CMNT played them on June 20th at SS...

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Nolando, if the Caps intentions are to get into MLS, and if they do get into MLS, then they have no reason to better themselves in USL, and to sign players with any future in the city.

Having said that, San Jose was also trying to sign him. I think Wesley Charles ahd something to do with him coming here. It wouldn`t surpise me if he got a better offer from the Caps though. It wouldn`t be the first time the Caps got players to turn away from the lure of MLS. Not every signing will be made with 4-5 years down the road, in mind.

Archived