CoachRich

Canadian Soccer Association • l’Association canadienne de soccer

Media Release • Communiqué

For Immediate Release / Pour diffusion immédiate -

For more information please contact:

Pour toutes autres informations, veuillez contacter :

Richard Scott - 613.237.4580 x237 / 613.818.0305

Canada announces roster for Chile 2008

Canada’s women’s U-20 team announced its roster today for the upcoming FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008. Coach Ian Bridge presented his 21-player selection at a press conference in Richmond, BC this morning. The team has been training in the Vancouver area and will continue to do so before leaving for Chile next week.

Canada, whose title sponsor is Winners, is heading to its fourth-straight FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. At the inaugural world championship in 2002, Canada won a silver medal on home soil, doing so after an 0:1 extra-time loss to the United States. Since that first tournament, Canada has defeated the United States twice in the confederation championship, winning both the 2004 and 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championships.

Canada’s lineup features five returning players from the last FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Russia 2006. Erin McNulty (who was also at Thailand 2004), Paige Adams, Taryne Boudreau, Kaylyn Kyle and Loredana Riverso will all be counted for leadership. Along with those five veterans, Canada will count on national-team players Jonelle Filigno (who represented Canada at the Women’s Olympic Football Tournament) and Lexi Marton (who helped Canada finish second at the CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualification Tournament).

Fifteen of the 21 players won gold medals at the 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship in Puebla, Mexico. The additions are Riverso, Andreanne Gagné, Rachael Goulding, Anoop Josan, Rita Keimakh and Alyssa Lagonia. The youngest player on the Chile 2008 roster is still Monica Lam-Feist, last year’s Canadian U-17 Player of the Year.

At Chile 2008, Canada will play in Group C against Congo DR, Germany and Japan. Canada plays Japan on 20 November (Santiago), Congo DR on 23 November (Santiago), and Germany on 27 November (Coquimbo). To advance, Canada will need to finish amongst the top-two teams in the group. Canada’s potential quarter-final match is 1 December, the semi-final match is 4 December, and the final is 7 December.

Paige Adams - Port Coquitlam, BC

Julie Armstrong - Delta, BC

Justine Bernier - Oakville, ON

Myriam Bouchard - Beauport, QC

Taryne Boudreau - Sherwood Park, AB

Allysha Chapman - Courtice, ON

Jonelle Filigno - Mississauga, ON

Andreanne Gagné - Montréal, QC

Rachael Goulding - Toronto, ON

Anoop Josan - Edmonton, AB

Rita Keimakh - Thornhill, ON

Kaylyn Kyle - Saskatoon, SK

Alyssa Lagonia - Kitchener, ON

Monica Lam-Feist - Surrey, BC

Lexi Marton - Aurora, ON

Erin McNulty - Winnipeg, MB

Steph Panozzo - Maple Ride, BC

Loredana Riverso - Mississauga, ON

Karla Schacher - Tofield, AB

Chelsea Stewart - The Pas, MB

Shannon Woeller - Vancouver, BC

Head of delegation / Chef de délégation : Mike Traficante

Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Ian Bridge

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : John Walker

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Chance Fry

Goalkeeper coach & Equipment Manager / Entraîneur des gardiens et Gérant des équipements : Raegyn Hall

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute athlétique : Becky Swan

Physiotherapist / Physiothérapeute : Carolyn Bliss

Doctor / Docteur : Janice Peace

Manager / Gérant : Anne Pellerud

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the AFC qualifiers for the U20, Japan lost 3-1 to North Korea in their group match and barely beat Australia 1-0 (U17 Chinatsu Kira scored that goal). In the semi's they only beat South Korea in a shootout after a 0-0. North Korea beat them again in the final.

#2 in Asia and barely dodging the Aussies and South Korea is really nowhere near as strong as the U17s. As CONCACAF champs we would have a higher seeding.

Yes and yes. Players double whenever possible unless politics gets in the way. Look at Rosie White. Do the words "national hero" mean anything to anyone? Tell me the U17 experience wasn't fantastic for her and her country.

quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

Canadian Soccer Association • l’Association canadienne de soccer

Media Release • Communiqué

For Immediate Release / Pour diffusion immédiate -

For more information please contact:

Pour toutes autres informations, veuillez contacter :

Richard Scott - 613.237.4580 x237 / 613.818.0305

Canada announces roster for Chile 2008

Canada’s women’s U-20 team announced its roster today for the upcoming FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008. Coach Ian Bridge presented his 21-player selection at a press conference in Richmond, BC this morning. The team has been training in the Vancouver area and will continue to do so before leaving for Chile next week.

Canada, whose title sponsor is Winners, is heading to its fourth-straight FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. At the inaugural world championship in 2002, Canada won a silver medal on home soil, doing so after an 0:1 extra-time loss to the United States. Since that first tournament, Canada has defeated the United States twice in the confederation championship, winning both the 2004 and 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championships.

Canada’s lineup features five returning players from the last FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Russia 2006. Erin McNulty (who was also at Thailand 2004), Paige Adams, Taryne Boudreau, Kaylyn Kyle and Loredana Riverso will all be counted for leadership. Along with those five veterans, Canada will count on national-team players Jonelle Filigno (who represented Canada at the Women’s Olympic Football Tournament) and Lexi Marton (who helped Canada finish second at the CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualification Tournament).

Fifteen of the 21 players won gold medals at the 2008 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship in Puebla, Mexico. The additions are Riverso, Andreanne Gagné, Rachael Goulding, Anoop Josan, Rita Keimakh and Alyssa Lagonia. The youngest player on the Chile 2008 roster is still Monica Lam-Feist, last year’s Canadian U-17 Player of the Year.

At Chile 2008, Canada will play in Group C against Congo DR, Germany and Japan. Canada plays Japan on 20 November (Santiago), Congo DR on 23 November (Santiago), and Germany on 27 November (Coquimbo). To advance, Canada will need to finish amongst the top-two teams in the group. Canada’s potential quarter-final match is 1 December, the semi-final match is 4 December, and the final is 7 December.

Paige Adams - Port Coquitlam, BC

Julie Armstrong - Delta, BC

Justine Bernier - Oakville, ON

Myriam Bouchard - Beauport, QC

Taryne Boudreau - Sherwood Park, AB

Allysha Chapman - Courtice, ON

Jonelle Filigno - Mississauga, ON

Andreanne Gagné - Montréal, QC

Rachael Goulding - Toronto, ON

Anoop Josan - Edmonton, AB

Rita Keimakh - Thornhill, ON

Kaylyn Kyle - Saskatoon, SK

Alyssa Lagonia - Kitchener, ON

Monica Lam-Feist - Surrey, BC

Lexi Marton - Aurora, ON

Erin McNulty - Winnipeg, MB

Steph Panozzo - Maple Ride, BC

Loredana Riverso - Mississauga, ON

Karla Schacher - Tofield, AB

Chelsea Stewart - The Pas, MB

Shannon Woeller - Vancouver, BC

Head of delegation / Chef de délégation : Mike Traficante

Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Ian Bridge

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : John Walker

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Chance Fry

Goalkeeper coach & Equipment Manager / Entraîneur des gardiens et Gérant des équipements : Raegyn Hall

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute athlétique : Becky Swan

Physiotherapist / Physiothérapeute : Carolyn Bliss

Doctor / Docteur : Janice Peace

Manager / Gérant : Anne Pellerud

A couple of comments, things that have recently struck me about our programs...

1. On the FIFA sight for the u17s other countries listed players clubs, the CSA choose not to indicate the players club but instead indicate they are from a national training centre, as if the clubs have no part in developing the players, and as if Canada has no clubs, ( Something that Even Pelerud believed when he came to Canada ).

It seems to me clubs should be complaining to the CSA about the fact they are not listed as the real home of the player and real place the player developed.

You can see they do the same on the U20s .. only listing province not club and city.. no wonder you cant get club members excited about supporting events when the clubs are to use a term "disrespected" by the CSA, I have no idea where the players are from.

2. Why do we have Chance Fry as a coach on this team .. when did he apply for the job, how did he get immigration status, why do we have an American Community College coach going with these players/ instead of a Canadian University coach or other Canadian coach.. ?

3. What was the selection process that saw the Raegyn Hall nominated as a equipment manager/goal keeper coach ? was it that the worked with Shel ?

Does the profile below match up to and equipment manager ?

Raegyn Hall ( raegyn@islandkeeperclinic.com )

Raegyn has been a part of the IKC family for more than 10 years. He is the IKC Program Director for Camps on Vancouver Island and serves as the SFU Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach competing in the NAIA. “Ray-gun” has a Provincial B License, NSCAA Goalkeeper Coaching Certificate and BCSA Goalkeeper Coaching Diploma. He graduated from SFU with a Bachelor’s Degree in 2004. His playing highlights include being a Four-Year starter with SFU Men’s Soccer Program 2001-2004; Two-Time NAIA Region 1 Goalkeeper of the Year; Two-Time All-American Honorable Mention, Victoria Gorge, VISL Goalkeeper of the Year, BC Amateur Provincial Champion, Canadian Senior Amateur Men’s Runner-Up, and three Appearances at the NAIA National tournament, 2002/2004 Elite 8 finish. Raegyn spends his free-time salmon fishing on the glorious BC coastal waters and teaching the IKC staff how to snowboard in the winter months! His most memorable IKC moment is stepping in to play for the Gorge FC as a 16-year old in the VISL with some BIG shoes to fill!

4. Who is and which John Walker is the other assitant coach in the team, is it the ASA John Walker ? Or the John Walker from Nebraska.. I doubt its the later since he is still coaching and his season is not over yet.. so .. who is it ?

5. Will Pelerud remain Manager of the womens program after Even is gone .. was she appointed because of nepotism and does the CSA not have policy regarding such conflicts ?

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

^IMO many of the CSA appointments are because of nepotism, political paybacks or simple incompetence. All in all they don't seem to have any decorum about conflict of interests.

It was the comment from some of the male players about people not being qualified to be on the bench.. that made me want to look a little deeper.

I cant for example find any reference to the team doctor having a specialization in sports medicine, that surprises me . why sent a family physician to a World Cup surely the CSA can find a certified sports medicine praticionar in Canada ?

Bound to be Johnny Walker from Nebraska. I heard that one quite a while ago. Everyone is connected. And it's not just the inbreeding. The med staff being female is cover and numbers. Four male coaches. Friends and family only. They just don't get it.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

It was the comment from some of the male players about people not being qualified to be on the bench.. that made me want to look a little deeper.

I cant for example find any reference to the team doctor having a specialization in sports medicine, that surprises me . why sent a family physician to a World Cup surely the CSA can find a certified sports medicine praticionar in Canada ?

I believe she is the Caps Women's team doctor.

Maybe the reason there is a connection is because the people form a good team that knows what they are doing together, they can put things together in a limited amount of time, love the game & cost (WC is a good portfolio piece in the trades). Concept is to give the players the best experience & best chance of success.

Listen to Ian & Jonelle's interview today at the team intro

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2008/11/05/canada-roster.html

Everyone they brought in is well qualified and I have zero doubt they get along and work together great, or they wouldn't be there.

Trillium, good catch on the clubs.

This team is absolutely loaded and one of the favourites to win the whole thing. Player-wise probably our best U20 crop ever. Add in the U17s and we have a bright future. It's a shame they are all going to have to go play oversea's because we have no domestic league.

Coach Rich .... and Vic

I find it surprising that you feel the process is not important in appointment of team staff....

The people brought in around a team, should be as skilled and experienced as possible to prepare the team for the WC experience.

I do not see the existance of a former Womens National team member who has had the experience and can on a daily basis bring a .. "she was there and knows" basis.

These support postions be it an equipment manager to team doctor need to have the right backgrounds and the process of selection needs to be open and transparent.

Drawing examples to figure skating, the current crop of Canadians preparing for VAN 2010 are being exposed to Canadians who are ex olympians, Joanne Rochette linked up to Elizabeth Manely... skaters like Patrick Chan brought along by world class coaches like Don Laws after his first coach Osbourne Coulson died... and of course Osbourne was in his ninetys, so he had seen it all . several times over.

I hope your enthusiam is well founded, do we know if during the residence camp in Vancouver the players sleeping in closets and balconys got any orientations to Chile and what will the Canadian team be doing in advance of the WC to integrate with the local community .... are we visting a kids hospital, or donating Canadian jerseys to young girls soccer programs etc. ... or do these things have no value from the programs viewpoint.

Heck.. imagine if each players home club .. had donated a set of team jerseys for girls age u 16 and the team was able to donate the sets to 18 teams in Santiago, and each of those players with there new jerseys.. were brought to the games when Canada plays.. mmm 400 immediate supporting fans... or more with family and friends.

Coach Rich .... and Vic

I find it surprising that you feel the process is not important in appointment of team staff....

The people brought in around a team, should be as skilled and experienced as possible to prepare the team for the WC experience.

I do not see the existance of a former Womens National team member who has had the experience and can on a daily basis bring a .. "she was there and knows" basis.

These support postions be it an equipment manager to team doctor need to have the right backgrounds and the process of selection needs to be open and transparent.

Drawing examples to figure skating, the current crop of Canadians preparing for VAN 2010 are being exposed to Canadians who are ex olympians, Joanne Rochette linked up to Elizabeth Manely... skaters like Patrick Chan brought along by world class coaches like Don Laws after his first coach Osbourne Coulson died... and of course Osbourne was in his ninetys, so he had seen it all . several times over.

I hope your enthusiam is well founded, do we know if during the residence camp in Vancouver the players sleeping in closets and balconys got any orientations to Chile and what will the Canadian team be doing in advance of the WC to integrate with the local community .... are we visting a kids hospital, or donating Canadian jerseys to young girls soccer programs etc. ... or do these things have no value from the programs viewpoint.

Heck.. imagine if each players home club .. had donated a set of team jerseys for girls age u 16 and the team was able to donate the sets to 18 teams in Santiago, and each of those players with there new jerseys.. were brought to the games when Canada plays.. mmm 400 immediate supporting fans... or more with family and friends.

1. "I find it surprising that you feel the process is not important in appointment of team staff.... - "

Whether the CSA has a process or not for picking team officials/staff, it is unknown at this time. The question is being asked of the CSA by someone else I know who will let us know.

A process ideally would be great but w/ the CSA it is very doubtful.

2. "The people brought in around a team, should be as skilled and experienced as possible to prepare the team for the WC experience."

"These support postions be it an equipment manager to team doctor need to have the right backgrounds and the process of selection needs to be open and transparent."

I have no problem, if picking team officials/staff is left up to the Head Coaches to use their network of people in the trades, I believe they will pick the best people to insure the team gets the level of professional support needed to make the tournament phase a good experience & hopefully leads to success for the players.

If you compare some of the roster announcements you will see names of team officials/staff are repeated.

Some have said that the some U20's coaches are connected to Ian's past successes.

3. "I do not see the existance of a former Womens National team member who has had the experience and can on a daily basis bring a .. "she was there and knows" basis."

I don't understand what you are saying.

4. "Drawing examples to figure skating, the current crop of Canadians preparing for VAN 2010 are being exposed to Canadians who are ex olympians, Joanne Rochette linked up to Elizabeth Manely... skaters like Patrick Chan brought along by world class coaches like Don Laws after his first coach Osbourne Coulson died... and of course Osbourne was in his ninetys, so he had seen it all . several times over. "

There is a huge difference in the exposure, budgets & the professionalism of the organizatons. You can't even compare them especially a winter sport like skating to a summer sport like soccer.

As far as I understand the only full time paid team officials in the CSA are the Seniors Head Coaches. Assist Coaches are probably part time contractor & everyone else gets a Honorium. Outside of the Head Coaches everyone is basically a gypsy going from one job to another or they take time off work to help the NT's for love of the game. Hence leavng the picking of team officials by the Head Coaches makes some sense due to the limited $ & the short ramp up time in the tournaments phase. There just isn't the $, the time, & etc to do what you are suggesting which is something that is ideal. We are dealing w/ the CSA which is held together by rubber bands that are quickly wearing out.

5. "I hope your enthusiam is well founded, do we know if during the residence camp in Vancouver the players sleeping in closets and balconys got any orientations to Chile and what will the Canadian team be doing in advance of the WC to integrate with the local community .... are we visting a kids hospital, or donating Canadian jerseys to young girls soccer programs etc. ... or do these things have no value from the programs viewpoint."

"Heck.. imagine if each players home club .. had donated a set of team jerseys for girls age u 16 and the team was able to donate the sets to 18 teams in Santiago, and each of those players with there new jerseys.. were brought to the games when Canada plays.. mmm 400 immediate supporting fans... or more with family and friends."

I'm enthused about all our teams not just the WP but the WP is the program I know the best.

Pls look at the CBC video again about the residency to see what some of the players said. Again there is limited $ but we should be proud of our players who endure not the best of support from their NSO. The team officials work very, very hard to make things happen for the players so it's a great experience on & off the field.

About $, it's going to get worse for the WP as they will not have the $ they had in the past.

About Chile, listen to the roster announcement. I believe Jonelle say they have been to Chile before. This time they stay in FIFA standard & paid for hotels.

Visting the locals would be a great touch but will the team have the time & energy to do it. From what I been told & seen the players just live the game when they are in their phase so they have very little time & energy to do other things except maybe some site seeing to rest their brains & bodies.

What really makes me proud of all our teams is what they achieve & the experience they have as players w/ the very little support they get from their NSO.

I believe Jonelle say they have been to Chile before. This time they stay in FIFA standard & paid for hotels.

They didn't pay for the hotel before and they were booked at a 4 star hotel in Santiago. Not too shabby! I don't think FIFA "standard" will be any better. (source A.N.F.P. Chile)

I am a bit surprised by all the negativity surrounding the team support staff...does anyone know that these people are NOT qualified to be doing what they are doing? Wouldn't someone working as a team doctor for a professional women's soccer team be considered as having the requisite experience? A team doctor does far more than put ice on sprains and a generalist is probably a better idea since the team is also accompanied by physical therapists who are experienced with sports injuries.

About Ann Pellerud being manager, can anyone say she is NOT qualified for the job? Has she not been a team manager before? Is she not a former international/high level player who has been there and done that before? She may be Pellerud's wife, but she is a person in her own right and entitled to apply for and work in situations suited to her experience. It's not impossible that she's a great manager and relates well to players and coaches. The coach MUST have a good relationship with the manager and the manager MUST have a good relationship with the players and other staff too.

I highly doubt that there are scores of highly qualified sports medecine doctors out there trying to knock down the CSA's door to get a very temporary (and I'm guessing not very highly paid) 24hr/day gig with the WNT. If I am wrong and this is the case, then please enlighten me. I couldn't (at this point in my life) use my vacation time or quit my job to go on a part-time road show with the WNT and I don't know many that could or would.

There is very little history of open and transparent support staff selections in any high performance team environments. A friend of mine was working at the cafe at the Performance Centre in Beijing (she was a volunteer as was almost everyone working there) and was chosen because of her connections and long term relationship with the head chef. He knew that she could do what he wanted her to do. She also happened to be very qualified to do what she was doing... When you are assembling a temporary team for a short-term high performance engagement, you choose people that you know and can rely on. There is no time for building of new relationships in this environment. We have to trust that the coaches will choose the best possible team to ensure optimum performance for the event.

In again an amazing highlight of how we seem to overlook talent in this country, there is a 1988 player who has played the last couple of seasons on the Ottawa Fury roster, Christina Julien, who was just named CAA Player of the Year (she plays at James Madison), and a second team all-American in the first released college team of the year. How has she not even EVER been named to a camp for this team? http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/component/option,com_topdrawer/Itemid,251/nid,7076/

quote:Originally posted by bjarne

In again an amazing highlight of how we seem to overlook talent in this country, there is a 1988 player who has played the last couple of seasons on the Ottawa Fury roster, Christina Julien, who was just named CAA Player of the Year (she plays at James Madison), and a second team all-American in the first released college team of the year. How has she not even EVER been named to a camp for this team? http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/component/option,com_topdrawer/Itemid,251/nid,7076/

Christina played for the Cornwall Blazers as young player starting at U10, with Kinsmen soccer then on to the Blazers.

She was a pure natural goal scorer in the Glengary style, hard running up front with constant movement she loves getting the ball.

I was pretty sure she would be a Div 1 player at U12...and know that some of the moves made by the Cornwall club helped her develop until she moved to the Fury Program.

I am pretty sure she played for Glengarry hall of famer Rudi Payer in Char-lan and am sure she bought her boots from him .. http://www.glengarrysports.com/cgi-win/sports.exe?LISTING=6045.

Bill Ault can probably provide more background, I think he had her at the Fury.

Lots of players are overlooked by the OSA because they come from small towns in Eastern Ontario... I know that the last time anyone from the OSA came down to the small towns in the East was at least 12 years ago .. and they only came cause they were begged to and we covered all the costs.

quote:Originally posted by soccertaxi

About Ann Pellerud being manager, can anyone say she is NOT qualified for the job? Has she not been a team manager before? Is she not a former international/high level player who has been there and done that before? She may be Pellerud's wife, but she is a person in her own right and entitled to apply for and work in situations suited to her experience. It's not impossible that she's a great manager and relates well to players and coaches. The coach MUST have a good relationship with the manager and the manager MUST have a good relationship with the players and other staff too.

Some simple facts :

1) Women's National Team Head Coach/Women's Program Director

Entraîneur-chef de l'équipe nationale féminine senior/Directeur du programme féminin

Even Pellerud

Ext. / Poste : 4 Email / Courriel : epellerud@soccercan.ca

2) From the CSA conflict policy.

Guidelines of Conduct are set forth below which are not intended to be exhaustive of all

possible situations that may arise, but are intended to assist the Executive Committee and Board

of Directors in the avoidance of and in dealing with conflict of interest situations. These

Guidelines are:

1. The activities of the CSA, and those of its Executive Committee and Board members,

shall be conducted in a manner becoming the high ethical standard of business conduct

expected of the leaders of Soccer in Canada.

2. No Executive Committee Member or Director shall derive a personal profit from the

activities of the CSA and the CSA shall avoid, wherever reasonably practicable, contracts

or arrangements with persons or entities that would result in personal profit to persons

having close family ties, or those who are friends, business associates or colleagues of

Executive Committee or Board members.

3. Executive Committee members and Directors of the CSA shall not exploit their positions

within the CSA to lever for themselves a personal profit, advantage, or position of

prestige.

4. Executive Committee members and Directors shall not allow their loyalty to the CSA to

be compromised by their relationship to or involvement in another organization or

corporation. In this regard, the CSA structure is built upon the representation of

members Associations at the Board level. The fact that a Board member owes a duty of

loyalty to his/her Provincial Association, as well as to the CSA on whose Board he or she

serves cannot in itself be considered a conflict of interest. It is therefore not a conflict of

interest for the Board member to have in mind the interests of his or her Provincial

Association when considering a matter that is before the Board, provided always that the

Board member keeps an open mind, and is left free to exercise and does exercise his or

her judgment, take a position, or cast a vote, that he or she believes to be in the best

interests of the CSA.

5. No Executive Committee member or Director of the CSA may accept any gift in cash or in

kind from persons doing or seeking to do business with the CSA, except as may be of a

personal nature and nominal value.

6. Information of a confidential nature gained by an Executive Committee member

So to me Even is a Director of a program, and his wife was hired into the program and is listed as the Administrator .... was there an open competitive process in which Even declared interst and did not participate in any way ?

Its time for transparency.

Visting the locals would be a great touch but will the team have the time & energy to do it. From what I been told & seen the players just live the game when they are in their phase so they have very little time & energy to do other things except maybe some site seeing to rest their brains & bodies.

12 November 2008

Canadian U20s off to Chile 2008

For information on Canada at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008, please visit the FIFA tournaments section.

Canada’s women’s U-20 team has arrived in Chile before this month’s FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008. The team arrived safely in Viña del Mar, Chile after leaving Vancouver, BC on Monday. The team will train daily this week before taking part in an exhibition match against England on Friday 14 November. The two sides will play three 30-minute periods so that both coaches can continue with their final preparations before next week’s competition.

So in chile on the 12 of November first game in tournament on the 20th.. and no time to do some PR with the locals ?

Give me break the players will be hanging in the hotel for twenty hours at day .. bored stiff.

A good team mananger would arrange something be it a visit to a community club or a school or a childrens hospital.

Sorry I dont buy it.

They have lots of time, they cannot be practicing more then three hours per day at this point in the cycle....

Archived