New Proposal

al

First off, we suck. Second, Mitchell sucks. Third, how about just boycotting the games??? If no one goes and every visiting team gets to play to their own fans then I'm sure someone, somewhere would take notice?

Just a thought I have after a long nighshift...maybe I'm just tired.

I think it would be a little different if people paid for tickets or the whole TFC section didn't show up to a game. Fan revolt worked in Newcastle so why can't it work here? Can you imagine half the stadium with their fans and half the stadium empty? I think it's a good idea....

How about the next home game we make sure the bloody thing is SOLD OUT! Let's give sponsors a reason to think there are fans who will see their advertisements and perhaps do more to support the team with $$$.

Here's more:

http://www.thestar.com/FederalElection/article/516239

Athletes look to Ottawa for support

Full cabinet minister's position, more money at the top of wish list

Canada's athletes, coaches and officials have a message for those who will form the new government: show us the minister.

And some more money wouldn't hurt, either.

"The biggest point is we need leadership in sport in Canada," said former world champion hurdler Perdita Felicien.

"We need someone who is part of government who has the power to enact change. We don't have that. And that's why there's so many things gone awry with our sporting system."

<snip>

The athletes seemed to come away unimpressed in general by the politicians, which included Secretary of State for Sport Helena Guergis, who seemed most impassioned when her support of women's ski jumping was questioned.

Guergis was a lot more lukewarm on the issue most important for the Canadian amateur sports community heading toward the 2010 Vancouver Olympics – getting a full-time sports minister instead of being represented by someone in a junior portfolio with no clout.

Guergis said the Conservatives would have to look at the cost of such a move, while the Liberals have said they're in favour of it.

<snip>

Along with a full cabinet minister's position, the sports community is also looking for increased federal investment in sport to a minimum of $500 million a year, equal to 1 per cent of health care spending.

The Conservatives made that promise during the last election, but they're only up to an estimated $335 million, including the Children's Tax Credit.

The NDP and Liberals have made similar pledges, while the Greens have said they'd spend an additional $500 million over five years.

It's a start though, if this OTP program results in us challenging Germany for 1st place in the medal race then maybe the Canadian public will realize greater things are possible. Then it's a matter of expanding the program to the 2012 Summer games, and eventually the NSO of team sports getting increased funding too. And it's not just Soccer, i'd like to see more $$$ for Rugby, Basketball etc.

Not to say that the structure and management of the CSA isn't screwed up, but atleast eliminating the money problem is a first step.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

It's a start though, if this OTP program results in us challenging Germany for 1st place in the medal race then maybe the Canadian public will realize greater things are possible. Then it's a matter of expanding the program to the 2012 Summer games, and eventually the NSO of team sports getting increased funding too. And it's not just Soccer, i'd like to see more $$$ for Rugby, Basketball etc

Now that's the right attitude.

I am so sick of seeing the same uninformed whining (which is why I posted the article) The reason I know of it was a few years ago I saw a story about the Top Secret program, which was really cool, (using new and high tech technologies to get the edge over the other competitors)

See also Canadian Olympic Committee presents money to medal winners

Sport Canada funding 2008 (in 000s)

3706 Speed Skating

3675 Hockey

3355 Soccer **

3271 Canoeing

2913 Bobsleigh

2876 Freestyle Skiing

2703 Cross Country

2663 Rowing

That's quite an improvement from about 5 years ago when it was:

1390 Speed Skating

1380 Hockey

1175 Rowing

-985 Canoeing

-965 Figure Skating

-895 Synchro Swimming

-845 Freestyle Skiing

-815 Field Hockey

-710 Cross Country

-661 Bobsleigh

-650 Wrestling

-625 Yachting

-620 Soccer **

-480 Table Tennis

-435 Equine

-400 Fencing

boycotting games? waving signs? wearing black shirts? havent we tried all this **** before? when the Newcaste fans wanted the owner gone they started threatening him and his family, thats why he sold the team not because the fans didnt show up to a game or two. I think part of the problem are the Canadian soccer fans, the CSA doesnt respect us, its about time we get the CSA's respect. Anyone interested in making sure the AGM meeting next months doesnt happen send me an email at nima_malek at hotmail, i'm also looking for Voyageurs who will be attending the CAN vs MEX game on wed

quote:Originally posted by nimamalek

boycotting games? waving signs? wearing black shirts? havent we tried all this **** before? when the Newcaste fans wanted the owner gone they started threatening him and his family, thats why he sold the team not because the fans didnt show up to a game or two. I think part of the problem are the Canadian soccer fans, the CSA doesnt respect us, its about time we get the CSA's respect. Anyone interested in making sure the AGM meeting next months doesnt happen send me an email at nima_malek at hotmail

I hope you're not saying what I think you are saying because I would be the first to help put a stop to such idiotic (and criminal?) behaviour.

criminal? who said anything about criminal, unless you consider throwing an egg or two criminal, or a pie in the face for some CSA members. You have a better idea feel free to share it, otherwise keep quiet

The way to get someone to listen to us is to egg them. I have to say I disagree ;)

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

The way to get someone to listen to us is to egg them. I have to say I disagree ;)

maybe you think wearing black shirts with catchy sayings on them will get their attention....oh wait we tried that already. Maybe players calling out the CSA will get their attention... oh no thats been happening for a while, maybe good young players deciding to play for other countries will do something...err no... signs and petitions...no tried that too, angry emails...nope....starting another organization? hmmm i think that was tried as well, so whats your plan?

criminal? who said anything about criminal, unless you consider throwing an egg or two criminal, or a pie in the face for some CSA members. You have a better idea feel free to share it, otherwise keep quiet

You know what the problem is with those pie in the face dolts? It's that they never had the **** kicked out of them. I am just waiting to have a good laugh when someone pies Harper and the female RCMP lays a smackdown on the jerk. Chretien made sure he didn't get any pies with his version of the Shawinigan handshake.

Egg and pie throwing from the nine post wonder. Now that's a plan.

Grow up.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

You know what the problem is with those pie in the face dolts? It's that they never had the **** kicked out of them. I am just waiting to have a good laugh when someone pies Harper and the female RCMP lays a smackdown on the jerk. Chretien made sure he didn't get any pies with his version of the Shawinigan handshake. Grow up.

its people like you who are part of the problem, as long as most canadian soccer fans have your attitude the CSA will stay in control in its current structure. I was all for the protests in the past, at this point protests and emails arent going to do ****.

You know what the problem is with those pie in the face dolts? It's that they never had the **** kicked out of them. I am just waiting to have a good laugh when someone pies Harper and the female RCMP lays a smackdown on the jerk. Chretien made sure he didn't get any pies with his version of the Shawinigan handshake. Grow up.

its people like you who are part of the problem, as long as most canadian soccer fans have your attitude the CSA will stay in control in its current structure. I was all for the protests in the past, at this point protests and emails arent going to do ****.

Okay I can't believe I'm actually feeding to this but you really are just being an idiot.

You don't think that any of our past efforts has done anything. Lets look at that again.

- we need more media attention for the "Sack the CSA" cause. So we fill the entire south end with black against Costa Rica and it gets lots of media attention and now sack the CSA articles are written amlost weekly in the Canadian press. A positive effort from the Voyageurs.

-another problem was the poor attendance in Toronto because of a lack of CSA advertising. So the Voyageurs advertise like crazy, sell tickets to youth teams, and VPjr bought over 1,000 tickets himself. What do we get a pro-Canada crowd in Toronto against Jamaica, something we would have not thought possible a few years earlier.

-we need to put pressure on the CSA. So some members of the Voyageurs made a protest group in the CSF, which has gone to open CSA meetings and pressured the CSA, as well as gotten more media attention.

So for all of these people have put in as much work as they have and have you come on and say its all been useless which it obviously hasn't been is just ignorant. I know we have a long way to go, but to completly just give up and turn to a six-year-old response of egging them, or pies in the face is just moronic. So what would I do? Step up what we've been doing, work harder and get more people involved. So please just go away.

I am so sick of seeing the same uninformed whining (which is why I posted the article) The reason I know of it was a few years ago I saw a story about the Top Secret program, which was really cool, (using new and high tech technologies to get the edge over the other competitors)

We need to take a page from the USSF game plan and find an adavantage in using advanced sports science. The Americans have the beep test drill to measure cardio capacity, they ensure that they're as fit as possible because that's easier than re-training an entire generation of players skills.

Toronto FC just purchased technology that utilizes multiple cameras to capture all player movements on the field and send the tapes over to England to have the data broken down into a report. The CSA has an office at BMO, did they even bother to ask TFC if they could use this technology during the WCQ run? Going forward this needs to be used for all CNT's including youth team games, break down the tactics and teach the kids using what they did during the game.

edit: It's called ProZone and i posted a thread on it in the TFC section back in June.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16165

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080620&content_id=167192&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Archived