Edgar (Newcastle v Hull) (R)

dbailey62

No results talk from me but I will say that Edgar is looking very good out there today. A nice shot block while under pressure early in the game, he's moving up the wing and while his crosses haven't been brilliant, it's good to see him involved in the attack.

He just won what wa a potentially dangerous free kick for Newcastle by running at a man and being taken down.

He's fitting in very nicely. :)

I know he was playing out of position at right back, but I'm not sure if Edgar has the pace and quickness for the Prem league. He looks solid, made good short on-the-ground passes, but was not a threat going forward (two awful cross attempts in th efirst half probably stayed in the mind of the coach when he decided to sub him off). He did seem a little slow at times reacting to quick opposition passing moves. Would love to see him in an extended run at CB, but I don't think he'll ever get the chance at Newcastle. He really needs to get a loan / transfer deal.

quote:Originally posted by TOcanadafan

He did seem a little slow at times reacting to quick opposition passing moves. Would love to see him in an extended run at CB, but I don't think he'll ever get the chance at Newcastle.

I had my doubts going back to U20 in Holland. Whereby he looked painfully slow and not comfortable on the ball. He's a player who can play on our national team team one day, but dont expect any big improvement ( if any) from him over what we current have.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I had my doubts going back to U20 in Holland. Whereby he looked painfully slow and not comfortable on the ball. He's a player who can play on our national team team one day, but dont expect any big improvement ( if any) from him over what we current have.

I disagree. Edgar is going to be an improvement over everything we have. He has a decent touch, good shot, great header and great smarts on the pitch.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I disagree. Edgar is going to be an improvement over everything we have. He has a decent touch, good shot, great header and great smarts on the pitch.

I think for any of those improvements to be seen he needs to get out of the north-east asap. I would love to see him go abroad, as I think that would be where he will get the chance to truly develop into a more all-round player, but it is most likely he will end up in the CCC like most other EPL almost-but-not-quite-good-enoughs. I fear if he follows that path to the CCC, he will grow into a solid but unspectacular run of the mill centre-half like so many before him. Not that that is a terrible thing, but I feel he has the capability to do so much more.

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

I think for any of those improvements to be seen he needs to get out of the north-east asap. I would love to see him go abroad, as I think that would be where he will get the chance to truly develop into a more all-round player, but it is most likely he will end up in the CCC like most other EPL almost-but-not-quite-good-enoughs. I fear if he follows that path to the CCC, he will grow into a solid but unspectacular run of the mill centre-half like so many before him. Not that that is a terrible thing, but I feel he has the capability to do so much more.

He needs to be playing in a first division. I don't want to see him in the CCC, not many players go down and come back and they don't really develop players down there, more old english style. However, I would like to see him in the Bundesliga OR Bundesliga 2, I like the B2 and that is one second division I wouldn't be opposed to. Other than that it's tough Belgium? Scotland? France? all leagues where he could step in.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

I only saw a bit of the second half and his crossing from RB left a lot to be desired. However, he's a young guy with upside, so I am sure he will get his chance with the MNT sooner than later.

Archived