Oct 28th in Cancun?

Anyone tempted by the idea of travelling to Cancun at the end of October? If there are travel agents out there, it would be interesting to see what kind of package could be put together for travelling supporters of the Impact, Canada's rep. in the CCL.

Tuesday, October 28 – IMPACT @ Atlante FC – @ Mexico – 10 pm

Expedia tells me flights are about $800, can the agents do better? Not cheap, but far enough away on the calendar people might be able to save up a bit, have a couple of days off, etc. By no means an easy sell, still, would be an amazing experience for any that went.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

You know what they say... what happens in Cancun stays in Cancun. [:P]

So, who's going? :D

I hope to see that game on TV. I am curious to see how the Impact fare in it. Its a good test not only for the Impact but also Canadian soccer. I'll be intesting to compare the performance of one of our club sides down there versus the performance of our Nat teams down there.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I hope to see that game on TV. I am curious to see how the Impact fare in it. Its a good test not only for the Impact but also Canadian soccer. I'll be intesting to compare the performance of one of our club sides down there versus the performance of our Nat teams down there.

You will have a good understanding .. after the Impact play in Honduras once again.. next week. I only hope they dont fly directly into Tecucigalpa .. its a bit scary.

Of course they already played in Honduras this year .. and got a good result to knock Estreli out.

Guest speedmonk42

You know, I remember talking to Grizzly about possibly going to Cancun if the game 'mattered'.

Well, it might not matter now, but not in the way we thought!

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

It will be interesting to see if any Canadians already in Cancun will attempt to attend this game.

RedSpicer from the Ultras board is going because he's already down there for work... He has a thread on it on there....

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

It will be interesting to see if any Canadians already in Cancun will attempt to attend this game.

RedSpicer from the Ultras board is going because he's already down there for work... He has a thread on it on there....

quote:Cancun might never be the same with 200 Canadian/Impact fans in town.

I doubt there is a week in Cancun without at least a thousand Canadians there.

But after all the BS that's gone on with police scams and coverups with Canadian tourists over the past few years, they're on my no-fly list.

quote:I doubt there is a week in Cancun without at least a thousand Canadians there.

But how many will a) know about this game and B) care enough to go and cheer on the Impact?

Although you never know - there were 20+ fans for Montreal in Honduras when we played Esteli!

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

But how many will a) know about this game and B) care enough to go and cheer on the Impact?

Although you never know - there were 20+ fans for Montreal in Honduras when we played Esteli!

For real! I did not know that...did they go for that alone?

If they reach February, I'm really thinking about going on the road for 1 game. Seriously we could consider planning now.

quote:Originally posted by time_for_2010

For real! I did not know that...did they go for that alone?

If they reach February, I'm really thinking about going on the road for 1 game. Seriously we could consider planning now.

I think someone mentioned that they were in Honduras for humanitarian work or something.

Archived