2nd leg: Montreal vs Real Esteli [R]

Last nights game was the opposite of entertaining but I am very pleased to see the Impact go through. congrats Impact fans.

The difference between 2nd and 4th in this group will be Montreal's ability to score. They clearly weren't exerting themselves to find goals last night but they need to show that they can do better than scoring 1 goal in 2 games against a pretty poor/mediocre club.

I look forward to seeing how the Impact do.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

The surprise has to be that the tie was so close given how poor the opposition was. I think that deVos said it best, they gave these guys too much respect.

Of course, TFC lost because they showed no respect to the Caps or the Impact.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

^ Impact defense was very organized and strong, but that said Esteli almost cracked them numerous times. Both goalkeepers put in a good 90. And who the Hell was that guy on Estelli who kept running the field and beating 3 or 4 people each time with his speed? Man he was fast.

Jack Warner owns Joe Public.

I think that was Samuel Wilson.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

The refereeing was dubious in the 2nd half. What was the deal with

giving a free kick INSIDE the box, six feet from goal?? A make-up

for the missed penalty call?

I'm a few days late, but the indirect free kick was for the back pass to the keeper. Just don't ask Nigel or Jason for any help on that call! [:o)]

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Before his return to the Impact, Grande had not played a pro game in 18 months!

What Daniel said is the massive reason why he hasn't been called up. But if he continues with the good form he would be warranting some consideration, especially with his distribution savvy in front of the back four. I didn't see this recent match but I guess a question mark for me revolves around his pace for the defensive side of the game at the international level.

IMO Harmse is nowhere near the MNT callup picture unless there is a sudden massive absentee list. However, provided Imhof is healthy, would you have Grande above him on the depth chart? I wouldn't.

Archived