Toronto

hottoddy7

Not sure if this is the right forum or not feel free to move it if it isn't. As I know little about Toronto could anyone tell me is it better to stay at a hotel near the airport or near the stadium? Will public transit get me everywhere I want to go or will I have to take some cabs?

Thanks in Advance

Try the travelodge on king and bathurst. I used to stay there when it was a big game night and the piss up went from morning to night. Its prolly the cheapest you will find by the stadium and its only a 5 street car to the pre game pubs.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I'm still looking to book my hotel for Toronto as well. I'm not on a budget and looking for 3.5 - 4 star hotel Downtown.

There is a Holiday Inn on King in the Entertainment District that is more luxurious (and expensive) than a normal Holiday Inn. Lots of great restaurants around there.

The Travelodge that Sean suggested is very good value for downtown. The hostels are expensive for hostels but still cheaper than hotels. If you are bringing a group that normally requires two rooms, then you should check out Ramada's "Residence Inn" chain as some of them offer suites with one king, one queen, a separate living room with couch that folds out into bed, two washrooms and three TVs. It costs more than a normal room of course, but is cheaper than two regular rooms.

There is one of those Ramadas downtown and two by the airport. Hotels by the airport are much cheaper (many quite new and nice) than downtown, but transport to the game would cost more, so it might be more about what your spending the money on than how much.

With many downtown hotels, expect to pay an extra $18-25/day in parking if you have a car.

My suggestions, in order of preference:

1. Downtown hotel - don't rent a car, cab/TTC to the game, walk everywhere else

2. King/Queen St West-West Hotel - don't rent a car, walk to the game, cab/TTC everywhere else

99. Airport hotel - rent a car, drive to the game, drive everywhere else

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I'm still looking to book my hotel for Toronto as well. I'm not on a budget and looking for 3.5 - 4 star hotel Downtown.

Where are other people planning on staying?

I'm at the Delta Chelsea, close to everything esp. the TTC.

About $129 with CAA. (Might even have their special on now.)

It's a 3.5 to 4 star hotel, and on the airport shuttle route.

(If you want to spend, the Fairmont Royal York or

the Harbour Castle Westin. But why?)

And hottoddy7, I got your ticket and xpressposting it tomorrow!

If you haven't already done so, check out Hotwire.com. Currently, they are advertising 3.5 to 4 star hotels in downtown Toronto (roughly bounded by Bloor, Bathurst, Lake Ontario and Jarvis) anywhere from $79 to $139 per night (I think US$). Anything in this area would be pretty convenient and the 3.5 star brands are things such as Hilton, Crowne Plaza, etc. The only drawbacks are that you don't know exactly where you're staying until you book it and you have to pay for it right away.

I've used it three times, however, and been satisfied every time (ended up in a W Hotel in Chicago for like $130 for the night).

Archived