New Voyageurs Banner

BrennanFan

With the revenue from the scarves, we will be purchasing a new banner.

Anyone want to post some design ideas? (strobe z im looking in your direction).

Anything goes as long as it says 'The Voyageurs.com'

I'm thinking 1 metre x 8 metres, which is how big i think this one is:

http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=4774&highlight=banner

the same manufacturer of the above banner would be making ours (same place we are getting our scarves made).

FYI, price would be under $300 shipping included.

quote:Originally posted by hodgkiss

let me take a crack at it and let me get you a quote as well... i know a printer very well and $300 seems a little high. so 3' x 24'?

you can put me down for a scarf as well.

-hodge

cost is $26 per metre squared, plus $65 shipping. Total $273. (actually I think that North End Elite Banner may be bigger than 1m x 8m, so cost might be more).

and we are assured a quality product (the fabric they use is VERY light).

but see if you can get us a better deal.

vbannerke8.jpg

Simple and to the point.

I vote for keeping a small, and tasteful ".com" on the end of the logo... because it IS an advertisement. We WANT fans to be able to find and join us, no?

I can have a 300dpi 3'x24' banner ready to go in 2 minutes... just tell me where to send it.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

vbannerke8.jpg

Simple and to the point.

I vote for keeping a small, and tasteful ".com" on the end of the logo... because it IS an advertisement. We WANT fans to be able to find and join us, no?

I can have a 300dpi 3'x24' banner ready to go in 2 minutes... just tell me where to send it.

Yes, the '.com' is tasteful and doesn't ruin the banner.

Very nice.

vbannerke8.jpg

Simple and to the point.

Golden! the .com is key

Sent you a reply BrennanFan...

I think hodgkiss wants to take a run at it as well. However, I had a neat idea just now...

How 'bout making a giant replica V-scarf...

I don't have the master files, but I think Jarrek does. If not, it wouldn't be too hard to recreate. Sort of poetic seeing as how the scarves provided the funds for this...

Sent you a reply BrennanFan...

I think hodgkiss wants to take a run at it as well. However, I had a neat idea just now...

How 'bout making a giant replica V-scarf...

I don't have the master files, but I think Jarrek does. If not, it wouldn't be too hard to recreate. Sort of poetic seeing as how the scarves provided the funds for this...

It's certainly a design that everyone loves.

Well.. just think.... 20,000 V's holding their scarves up under a giant banner....

:D

The only downside is that there's no way to tastefully insert a ".com" in there.

That was my initial concern, but it looks good on the banner. Probably because it is slightly minimized.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I disagree, I think the '.com' is perfect.

What I was trying to say was that a bunch of V's holding up their scarves under the giant v-scarf replica banner would be very cool, but there was no way to add the ".com" to the existing design...

voyageursside.jpg

This design doesn't really allow ".com" to be added in any way.

However, If we decide to go with a unique banner, then I would suggest using the existing Voyageurs text mark and adding a tasteful ".com" to it so that we could use it as an advertisement for the site. Something like this:

vbannerke8.jpg

Archived