Dale Mitchel's --.Outlook has to change

paul-toronto

It has nothing to do with his coaching at all.

He is just too negative. He keeps worrying about what can go wrong. He has to get away from that.

"Focus" on the positives...and you get positive results. Any motivator will tell you that. Negative thinking brings bad results. Being positive also means you the lucky breaks. I have seen this happen in my life.

Just watching DM's expressions makes me think he is worried about the game, his reputation, his strategies. Believe me it works.

If he is positive, then I take this post back. However, seeing him at the under 20...and his expressions suggested worry and lack of confidence and that probably rubbed off on his players.

The best coaches in the world are not great thinkers; they just believe in themselves and the players. Just look at Russia's manager and his consistant success.

C'mon Dale..read this.

Start feeling that not only are going to be undefeated in WCQ but also start believing you will win the World Cup. Start being as positive as your players. The players will create the results but Dale has got to shake this fear of messing up.

I am fine with him as the coach. He was flexible enough in his tactics.

I just want him to believe in this team. I did not like the quotes that I read before the SVG games...seemed concerned to me.

Confident coaches are better in my opinion...and I hope starts feeling that way. Maybe getting the first 2 wins as a coach was something to build upon.

OK..maybe he has a quiet confidence...if that makes sense

In any case, I am behind him and think they easily win the next round.

quote:Originally posted by paul-toronto

I am fine with him as the coach. He was flexible enough in his tactics.

I just want him to believe in this team. I did not like the quotes that I read before the SVG games...seemed concerned to me.

Confident coaches are better in my opinion...and I hope starts feeling that way. Maybe getting the first 2 wins as a coach was something to build upon.

In any case, I am behind him and think they easily win the next round.

Win? You mean finish ahead of mexico?

I think he may be just doing the opposite of what we saw in 2000 and 2004, where fans, pundits and coaches alike sort of expected we'd have a much easier time in WCQ than we did. I still remember Forrest and Dobson ahead of the Guatemala game, "this is an absolute must-win, Canada are the favourites", and sure enough we got tooled.

quote:Originally posted by CUJO

Confidence and composure would help out this team to no end

By all accounts the players on this team have that though. Someone needs to sound a note of caution & analyze where we might go wrong & do his best to prevent it from happening. That's the coaches job.

He might not be expressive, but this doesn't mean he isn't a good motivator and coach. We don't see what he does in the dressing room or how he leads practice. He seems to be a pro who knows how to handle pros, and I suspect this is what our guys want and what they will benefit from.

Mexico can be beat by this team. All they do is pass the ball around for most of the game; don't have the ability to put the ball in the net.

Our A team is much better than any B team we could put together. I am sure Mexico has much more depth. As a result they are probably going to try out all kinds of players.

There is no question who will be starting for Canada...my guess 10 of the starting 11 have already been determined. He wants as much time together for his starters. Anyone notice the US team changed lots of players on their game on the weekend.

I believe Brennan, Ante Jazic and Sutton could have starters. DM did not want to even switch goaltenders....maybe I was wrong..he wants to stick with winners (dynamo were champions 2 years in a row). Sutton is better than an older Onstad but DM prefers the winner. OK..maybe I was wrong about Dale.:D

He might get it!

There is no doubt the players are full of confidence. My prediction is a first place finish in this round.

quote:Originally posted by themodelcitizen

I think he may be just doing the opposite of what we saw in 2000 and 2004, where fans, pundits and coaches alike sort of expected we'd have a much easier time in WCQ than we did. I still remember Forrest and Dobson ahead of the Guatemala game, "this is an absolute must-win, Canada are the favourites", and sure enough we got tooled.

Bingo!!!!

Thats why I disagree with the theme of the thread starter. We have no business being cocky. Not when you haven't made it to the hex the last two times.

Archived