Support your country: leave your club gear at home

Daniel

Edit: This message was originally posted prior to the St-VAG game.

On the September 6th, CANADA will play Honduras and 114 will be a CANADA supporters section. Similarly, Pub 99 will be a pub for CANADA supporters.

I hope that everyone can see the importance of uniting despite our various allegiances as on that day we will all be CANADA supporters.

I would ask everyone to leave any club gear at home (red, blue, or whatever) and show up on the day wearing either Canada gear or club-independant coloured gear - preferably red.

When supporting Canada, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure that there won't be infighting over two teams that aren't even playing on the day.

Sptember 6th will be Canada day. Make sure you and your neighbours can make the most of it.

PS: Please pass this message along to various forums.

Good suggestion.

Want I think is funny about the Canadian National Team seems to always be as the "Visiting" team, with more supporter for the visiting team than for the Canadian Team on Canadian soil!

Hope that a new wind of change will hit this new squad and that the Saputo stadium will be "red"... To show real support to our team!

See ya at the stadium,

Joël.

• 2 months later...

I 100% agree I don't have a Canada kit (hard to get one that fits me)...but I have 15 Red Liverpool shirts, but I would never wear them to a Canada match, because LFC aren't Canada neither is TFC or manchester utd...so instead I wear a pure red golf shirt.

Leave your club behind for a day and support the nation wearing another teams kit to a match is bush league.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

that's obviously a joke but the sad thing is some people do think like that...

Why is it a joke? Tons of people wore their TFC jerseys to the Canada-Jamaica game, and it worked well (though I acknowledge that game was held at TFC's home ground).

This isn't Europe, where Liverpool and Man U fans would get into a row at an England match.

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

Why is it a joke? Tons of people wore their TFC jerseys to the Canada-Jamaica game, and it worked well (though I acknowledge that game was held at TFC's home ground).

This isn't Europe, where Liverpool and Man U fans would get into a row at an England match.

Highlighted.

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

Are you familiar with the Impact/TFC rivalry at all? Specifically the opening match of this year's voyageur's cup tournament?

quote:Originally posted by Pootz

Are you really comparing a TFC rivalry to the Manchester Utd v Liverpool rivalry? 100 years of hatred vs what 2-3 years? No comparison.

Dude the rivalry goes beyond TFC and Impact... Not going to get into who started it or what not. I wasn't even there!

Anyways, it's their house, their rules.

I do have to hand it to them though, when we went to Montreal one of our members had a TFC kit on (even after warning him) and Daniel (I think?) nicely asked him to remove it and he complied. No issues there.

Anyways I won't be in Montreal this time around, sadly I'm stuck with watching the game on TV.

Are you really comparing a TFC rivalry to the Manchester Utd v Liverpool rivalry? 100 years of hatred vs what 2-3 years? No comparison.

Toronto and Montreal have had an all-inclusive sports rivalry going for nearly 100 years most notably in hockey and Canadian football.

I won't compare it to Liverpool v Man Utd BUT you are way off base to suggest that our rivalry is something new!

Not suggesting a Montreal vs Toronto rivalry is new but he specifically said Impact/TFC which is nothing compared to utd v lfc...and the fact of the matter is no rivalry in Canada or the US comes close to the mega rivalry's in Europe (Old firm etc etc)...

Not suggesting a Montreal vs Toronto rivalry is new but he specifically said Impact/TFC which is nothing compared to utd v lfc...and the fact of the matter is no rivalry in Canada or the US comes close to the mega rivalry's in Europe (Old firm etc etc)...

Well I'm glad that the rivalry isn't that bad. At some point you have to say enough.

Anyways, it's their house and their rules. Like I said I'm not even going this time around but it's a Canada game, not a TFC match.

I see. I didn't backtrack far enough.

db

i don't have a canada kit, but i will be wearing a red t-shirt to this. i wore my tfc jersey to the can/jam game, but it was at bmo.

remember...this is a canada game, not a tfc/impact game. we can go back to hating each other once this round is done and the wcq are over.

quote:Originally posted by Bellerose

i don't have a canada kit, but i will be wearing a red t-shirt to this. i wore my tfc jersey to the can/jam game, but it was at bmo.

remember...this is a canada game, not a tfc/impact game. we can go back to hating each other once this round is done and the wcq are over.

also, on this note, i WILL be bringing my u-sector flag, along with many others :D

Archived