Support your country: leave your club gear at home

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Edit: This message was originally posted prior to the St-VAG game.

On the September 6th, CANADA will play Honduras and 114 will be a CANADA supporters section. Similarly, Pub 99 will be a pub for CANADA supporters.

I hope that everyone can see the importance of uniting despite our various allegiances as on that day we will all be CANADA supporters.

I would ask everyone to leave any club gear at home (red, blue, or whatever) and show up on the day wearing either Canada gear or club-independant coloured gear - preferably red.

When supporting Canada, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure that there won't be infighting over two teams that aren't even playing on the day.

Sptember 6th will be Canada day. Make sure you and your neighbours can make the most of it.

PS: Please pass this message along to various forums.

Great job dan. Dont worry about me, ill just be bring canadian stuff. :)

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Edit: This message was originally posted prior to the St-VAG game.

On the September 6th, CANADA will play Honduras and 114 will be a CANADA supporters section. Similarly, Pub 99 will be a pub for CANADA supporters.

I hope that everyone can see the importance of uniting despite our various allegiances as on that day we will all be CANADA supporters.

I would ask everyone to leave any club gear at home (red, blue, or whatever) and show up on the day wearing either Canada gear or club-independant coloured gear - preferably red.

When supporting Canada, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure that there won't be infighting over two teams that aren't even playing on the day.

Sptember 6th will be Canada day. Make sure you and your neighbours can make the most of it.

PS: Please pass this message along to various forums.

No worries... I won't be wearing any TFC gear, that's why I bought my Canada shirt at the BMO Field match. It'd be like someone wearing a Man Utd shirt to an England match at Anfield, it's just not done.

And anyway, though our two clubs are rivals, I consider anyone who supports Canada to be a friend of mine, no matter what club they support.

quote:Originally posted by Big Daddy K

This isn't Europe, where Liverpool and Man U fans would get into a row at an England match.

No, it's Canada where there's a chance it might happen.

Also, I enjoy your usage of the word "row".

Are you 'avin a laff?

:)

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Are we going to be allowed to bring in flag poles. I seem to recall hearing that the stadium has a new policy against flag poles.

Any info?

I am trying to get an answer to this question. Will post when I have some information.

Hey Guys...as mentioned we still have many Voyageurs T-shirts and they will all be available for the Canada - Honduras game at PEEL PUB before the TFC game (~2-3PM). Don't go out to Giant Tiger and buy a Red Canada shirt just for the sake of wearing red. Support the V's and purchase a shirt you'll be proud of as you are a proud Voyaguer. $13 if you PM me an order, $15 if you purchase at the game. Tonnes Available in all sizes...Here is a proud Voyaguer[:P]

<center>kstar3.BMP</center>

Guest speedmonk42

I was totally amazed at the number of Canada jerseys with names on the back at the Jamaica game.

Just incredible to see.

Archived