TFC-Real Salt Lake

john tv

This is not a game report but a report of some frustrations. Tried to make it but got stuck in the traffic .Left my house at 11.05 and figured I maybe early. Well I got stuck at Spadina at 12,15 and decided to go to a bar instead at least I got to see the kick of. Well that was a mistake,the Stanly cup was on and could not get the guys to change it. Of to the next bar same story. The waitress said ,sir nobody watches soccer and these guys want to watch hockey.Yap two guys,but hey democracy wins.Finally I got to see some of the game and in my excitemet I forgot to really watch. I saw the goal but hey the Stanly Cup now was in full gear.From what I remember in my negative excitemet,the boys looked a lot better than the Salty ones and I really now start to believe that with that midfield we have a big chance to make the playoffs.We will beat the Leafs,that should be our theme song.We will beat the Leafs. Just remember I have been a season ticket holder since 1964 and I really can't remember when we were in the playoffs and against whom,Anybody?

I do wonder if that stdium was filled up after my experience and I guess that Blue Jay game did not help.

Well 2 and 1 and scoring goals. What a change and what a season to look forward to. I am taking the Go train,screw driving.

Guest Jeffery S.

John, you don't remember winning the Stanley Cup? I do, and I was 7. Last time any team I have ever cheered for won it.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

John, you don't remember winning the Stanley Cup? I do, and I was 7. Last time any team I have ever cheered for won it.

Yap I remember the middle sixties very well,but I am trying to remember when the Leafs were in the playoffs the last time and against whom. I suspect it must have been the Senators but I won't bet on it.

I guess the soccer guys are keeping the other MLSE boys excited and even show them the robes after all.

Anyway tomorrow there is a media conference at the BMO field starting at 12, introducing some of the inductees into the Hall Of Fame. The banquet is next Saturday.

The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs was in 2003/04. They beat Ottawa in 7 games in the first round and then they lost in the second round to Philadelphia in 6 games. I was at the Wachovia Centre in Philly for Game 2 and went to Game 4 at the ACC. Roenick scored the series winner in Game 6 with a wrist shot under the crossbar in OT. F-in' biatch...

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs was in 2003/04. They beat Ottawa in 7 games in the first round and then they lost in the second round to Philadelphia in 6 games. I was at the Wachovia Centre in Philly for Game 2 and went to Game 4 at the ACC. Roenick scored the series winner in Game 6 with a wrist shot under the crossbar in OT. F-in' biatch...

It's funny that Jeremy is a very good soccer player and in fact did pick up hockey in his early teens.Yap those Leafs are expensive, They now want you to pay for their upcoming season,which was never the case that early if I recall. Anyway let's hope that these guys start buying players that can get me to see some playoffs. I realize the joint is all presold and that presure does not exist,but hey just once blow some money and keep those corporate fans happy.

No there are no real fans as we see at TFC,does not exist and I can see ultimately the same outcome. Just corporate season ticket holder. That awfull vicious cycle. Well let's enjoy it for the time being and oh those TFC fans even put Dutch Fans to shame.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Well I got stuck at Spadina at 12,15 and decided to go to a bar instead at least I got to see the kick of. Well that was a mistake,the Stanly cup was on and could not get the guys to change it. Of to the next bar same story. The waitress said ,sir nobody watches soccer and these guys want to watch hockey.

What hockey?

sundin.bmp

quote:Originally posted by john tv

This is not a game report but a report of some frustrations. Tried to make it but got stuck in the traffic .Left my house at 11.05 and figured I maybe early. Well I got stuck at Spadina at 12,15 and decided to go to a bar instead at least I got to see the kick of. Well that was a mistake,the Stanly cup was on and could not get the guys to change it. Of to the next bar same story. The waitress said ,sir nobody watches soccer and these guys want to watch hockey.Yap two guys,but hey democracy wins.Finally I got to see some of the game and in my excitemet I forgot to really watch. I saw the goal but hey the Stanly Cup now was in full gear.From what I remember in my negative excitemet,the boys looked a lot better than the Salty ones and I really now start to believe that with that midfield we have a big chance to make the playoffs.We will beat the Leafs,that should be our theme song.We will beat the Leafs. Just remember I have been a season ticket holder since 1964 and I really can't remember when we were in the playoffs and against whom,Anybody?

I do wonder if that stdium was filled up after my experience and I guess that Blue Jay game did not help.

Well 2 and 1 and scoring goals. What a change and what a season to look forward to. I am taking the Go train,screw driving.

What hockey game was on during the TFC Match??? Flyers/Caps?? CBC moved the kick-off time of the soccer match in order to show it live. Not even Canadian teams so I'm surprised the Bar was so TFC-Unfriendly...every bar I've gone to in the city that I've asked to change it to the game has been great...the bar girls even knew when TFC was playing...or maybe they new when "Becks" was playing...either way the away games have all been on....trick them next time if they are that ignorant and tell them CBC has a game on...just don't tell them it's footy!

quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

I am always surprised at how well its received. I got word Saturday of a sale at national sports for team jerseys. Popped in Saturday, and it was pretty frantic. So much so that had I delayed my purchase I would have been out of luck.

Archived