MNT players who were never given a chance

Alberto7

I'm not gonna argue too long with this old topic but I have two things to say:

First, I've verify for the tournament date and the CSA releases are from November 2002. We qualified on november 17 with a 3-2 win over the USA.

Second, I don't know many coaches who would go into a tournament without any decent back up keepers so I would assume Mitchell was comfortable with Lindley at that time. The kid was with an English club so maybe he was in a position to challenge Karim.

I'm not a big Mitchell fan but I would be surprise if he did deal with his keepers position the way you are suggesting.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! No wonder Canada can't get ahead! I said Stalteri got his chance, and many other players did as well, and I should've also. Why can I not say that? I know what Paul has done, but does that lessen what I did? I know my decisions to tell people off were'nt good, but I am not Paul Stalteri we are different people. I won't waste my time with this again, because you guys don't know what the deal is, and me trying to explain it to you is pointless. Which is precisely why players don't usually post on theses sites.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

After Wallace's recent comments perhaps the Voyageurs need to forget future scarf projects and go straight to the pointy white hats.

As someone who helped spearhead the scarf project for all Voyageurs, I politely invite you to kiss my ass.

Just in case anyone wants to know Dodds played this past summer for Hamilton Croatia in the Ontario Soccer League. Alim Karim recovered from his broken league and helped Erin Mills reach the Senior Men's Ontario Cup final. I do not believe Dodds is looking to continue his pro career while Karim well hopefully get another chance in Europe.

As a side not one of the directors of the Erin Mills Academy program has a connection in Hungary and that is why you have seen some of the Toronto boys go over there.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

As someone who helped spearhead the scarf project for all Voyageurs, I politely invite you to kiss my ass.

As someone who bought 5, let me thank you for the scarves. I must, however, respectfully decline your offer as I'm not queer. Not that there's anything wrong with it. However, I think we can all agree that though we can debate issues of football and race, in good and bad taste, this is not a forum for gay sex. I'm sure you can find one somewhere else without too much trouble. Good luck, and godspeed to you young man!

As someone who bought 5, let me thank you for the scarves. I must, however, respectfully decline your offer as I'm not queer. Not that there's anything wrong with it. However, I think we can all agree that though we can debate issues of football and race, in good and bad taste, this is not a forum for gay sex. I'm sure you can find one somewhere else without too much trouble. Good luck, and godspeed to you young man!

Wow. A blatantly lame attempt at wit in order to cover up your ridiculously offensive earlier statement.

Good on ya. [8)]

Rudi, I was just trying to be polite you dumb c-unt. You arrived quite late in this debate, when all the dust had already settled, to cry about a personal affront to you that, I assure you, was not intended. I meant no disrespect to the scarf project.

I haven't been doing much arguing with anyone here or elsewhere. I have forgotten how incredibly sensitive a young kid like yourself can be. And I'm not calling you a poof. I'm just saying that "ridiculously offensive" is a level of melodrama not fond on the corner of Davie and Denman on a Friday night.

This is as close to an apology as you're going to get from me so I'd suggest you take it for the sake of Alberto's thread which, prior to your dollar short day late outburst, was out of intensive care and into recovery.

Guest speedmonk42

Everybody. Chill out.

I have met almost all of you, including Rick Titus.

All of you almost certainly agree with each other much more than is represented here.

YNWA, you know nothing about me, so please spare me the condescending "you young kids these days are so sensitive" routine (especially given that I'm not exactly a teenager). The truth is that -- aside from a personal attack -- I'll let just about anything slide, but accusations of racism (direct or not) simply will never sit well with me, ever.

I couldn't care less about your half-assed apology (in which you called me a "dumb c-unt"), but I do agree that none of this has anything to do with this thread, so this will be the last I say on the matter.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I'm not gonna argue too long with this old topic but I have two things to say:

First, I've verify for the tournament date and the CSA releases are from November 2002. We qualified on November 17 with a 3-2 win over the USA.

Second, I don't know many coaches who would go into a tournament without any decent back up keepers so I would assume Mitchell was comfortable with Lindley at that time. The kid was with an English club so maybe he was in a position to challenge Karim.

I'm not a big Mitchell fan but I would be surprise if he did deal with his keepers position the way you are suggesting.

When choosing a team, current performance matters the most. Karim's selection would make sense given the year he was having with Syracuse. Some people spend too much time attaching Club names to the issue of player selection.

I don't buy the racism/xenophobia slant that is going on here. It gets played up too much in sports these days.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by SR

Just in case anyone wants to know Dodds played this past summer for Hamilton Croatia in the Ontario Soccer League. Alim Karim recovered from his broken league and helped Erin Mills reach the Senior Men's Ontario Cup final. I do not believe Dodds is looking to continue his pro career while Karim well hopefully get another chance in Europe.

As a side not one of the directors of the Erin Mills Academy program has a connection in Hungary and that is why you have seen some of the Toronto boys go over there.

Thanks for that. While sometimes folks make me out as anti-Karim because I support Fernandes, the fact is no one has posted so consistently over the years on Karim's results at Syracuse or even Cape Cod as myself. I also know what his most important contribution was to our team: a key penalty stop vs the Czechs in the second half of a group stage game at UAE, just over 4 years ago, saving a 1-0 result (Hume goal) that put us through to the next round as the worst of the better third place teams.

I do want to apologize, sincerely, to Grizzly for bringing up that Anson Carter thread, which was a shot well below the belt. I also want to apologize to Geoff Wallace for implicating him as a racist. I would also like to mention that I owe him, his dad, Cheeta, and some other guys a beer as you all pick up the tab for me and my friends in that bar in Edmonton before the Austria match. I would also like to tell Rick Titus that the Voyageurs are not a racist organization and, in an effort to be more representative, I think we'd all like him to continue posting here. Finally, in a show of goodwill to men for the season, I will not bring up how the current scarf project championed by a certain little guy who likes to punch well above his weight was done so as a result of a backlash against him for protecting a ponce who stole several thousand from the members of the organization whose honor he now vigorously defends to the point of always, 100%, as a rule, denying the possible existence of racism. Oh ****, did it again. Now I know how Andrew Golata feels. Sometimes you can't resist. That's it, I'm done. Kids, read the first part only. This thread needs to move forward!

I do want to apologize, sincerely, to Grizzly for bringing up that Anson Carter thread, which was a shot well below the belt. I also want to apologize to Geoff Wallace for implicating him as a racist. I would also like to mention that I owe him, his dad, Cheeta, and some other guys a beer as you all pick up the tab for me and my friends in that bar in Edmonton before the Austria match. I would also like to tell Rick Titus that the Voyageurs are not a racist organization and, in an effort to be more representative, I think we'd all like him to continue posting here. Finally, in a show of goodwill to men for the season, I will not bring up how the current scarf project championed by a certain little guy who likes to punch well above his weight was done so as a result of a backlash against him for protecting a ponce who stole several thousand from the members of the organization whose honor he now vigorously defends to the point of always, 100%, as a rule, denying the possible existence of racism. Oh ****, did it again. Now I know how Andrew Golata feels. Sometimes you can't resist. That's it, I'm done. Kids, read the first part only. This thread needs to move forward!

Apology Accepted.

For the record it was Cheeta that picked up that whole tab including mine and my fathers.

Archived