Yallop's days numbered??

BearcatSA

Since this is also an MLS thread I was wondering how long you think Yallop will stay coaching the Galaxy once Becks comes on board. I speculate that he'll be gone pretty quickly if the Galaxy continue their mediocrity after Golden balls arrives on the scene.

Any rumours that he may get the boot beforehand?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really have no opinion on how good or bad a manager Yallop is. This year's results speak for themselves but really, the man was dealt a pretty piss more set of cards. Beckham or no Beckham, the General Manager (Lalas) has assembled a pretty flimsy side for Yallop to lead.

I think the best thing that could happen is to get fired and enjoy a soft landing with the San Jose expansion club.

I dont envy anyone that takes over at Galaxy as long as Lalas the loser is in charge.

Galaxy Coach Frank Yallop being handed his hat

FFI Soccer Magazine - August 24, 2007

The Galaxy made a very interesting announcement today less than 24 hours after the team got pummeled by Chivas USA 3-0.

Los Angeles Assistant Coach (and Sunday league teammate of Alexi Lalas) Paul Bravo was suddenly made Director of Soccer for the struggling club.

The Galaxy communications office made the unexpected announcement late this afternoon and now the rumors are flying as to how much longer Head Coach Frank Yallop will still be on the payroll.

It is undeniable that the Galaxy have been struggling all season and the pressure has been on Yallop to deliver some positive results in the win column. Things seemed to be turning around for the club until last night's blowout.

Unfortunately, not even David Beckham could rejuvenate a Galaxy side that played some of the most uninspiring soccer of the season. On top of the loss, Yallop opted to play Becks for the entire game and now the Galaxy go into Colorado minus one superstar. Things are not looking good for the LA squad that has a history of struggling on the road.

With the promotion of Lalas' good friend, Paul Bravo to an executive position, the stage is now set to overhaul the Galaxy coaching staff. Don't be surprised if there are a lot of new faces leading the team come September.

With Fabio Capello in the States for a meeting with US Soccer it'll be interesting to see if the former Real Madrid coach makes a stop in LA for a quick interview while Yallop is in Denver.

Frank Yallop's squad take on the Colorado Rapids in Colorado on Sunday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 4pm PST and the game will be broadcast live on FSN.

http://www.ffisoccer.com/article.php?id=78

quote:Originally posted by Kevin in NS

From BBC 'gossip' Monday- LA Galaxy are lining up Jurgen Klinsmann as their new coach as Frank Yallop cannot handle the pressure of coaching David Beckham. (Various)

Unless I am mistaken, the USSF went to great lenghts to lure Klinsmann. But in the end ( if I recal correctly) he turned them down because he wasn't happy with the $$$ offerred. Are we to believe that a club coaching job in MLS is more lucrative for a coach than the National team jobs? I would find that odd given that we are under the understanding that the USSF is flush. Plus, seems to me, that the Galaxy job would be far more stressfull and demanding.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Unless I am mistaken, the USSF went to great lenghts to lure Klinsmann. But in the end ( if I recal correctly) he turned them down because he wasn't happy with the $$$ offerred. Are we to believe that a club coaching job in MLS is more lucrative for a coach than the National team jobs? I would find that odd given that we are under the understanding that the USSF is flush. Plus, seems to me, that the Galaxy job would be far more stressfull and demanding.

I was under the impression that Klinsmann wanted full control of the US team and that was the kicker that caused him to back out, not the money.

I can't see him taking the coaching job myself unless he gets Lalas' position as well. Even then, I think it is a stretch although he VERY CLEARLY wants to live in Southern Cal., to the extent that he ruffled a lot of feathers in Germany when he refused to relocate full-time to Germany when he had the head coach position of the German national team.

Archived