Here we go again

john tv

Hey Richard I am watching two soccer games,Chicago-New York and Milan-Liverpool. If you can get it watch and and see the great difference in the colour of the grass. It is sickening and so flagrant. Do we have dirty grass in NA and beautifull green grass in Europe,if nothing else it should be the other way around.Anybody else watch iy and give me your comments. I am watching this on satelite and on a very big LCD screen.

If you are going to talk about the same theme every week, at least use the same thread. You are cluttering up the board by continually starting threads on the same three subjects: media, tv colours and how soccer is the key to winning in other sports. If johntv can't start using the threads he has already created for these subjects I think the mods should take some measures.

John, have you thought that your colour problem may well be local to you or your signal provider since nobody else appears to be having the same colour issues? I use Shaw digital cable and never have material colour problems.

Ok guys,whatever.My service provider is Rogers and that has nothing to do with the signal. I realize watching any MLS game this effen grass appears to be green,but compare that effen green to broadcasts used in baseball and football,our stuff looks washed out and dull.Watching that Liverpool game,switching back to that MLS game the difference in that effen green is worlds apart.If you guys find that acceptable so be it. In television they have a technique that is called chroma key,which allows you to change the background any way you want and I suggest that these NA yo yo's just don't use that future properly and just make it look like shi...However as long as you guys are happy,just enjoy,but it sure bugs me.

One day you will catch on. Advise,next time you see that MLS game and switch to a baseball ,football or even more so an Epl game,you will think about me.Have fun and subject closed.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Ok guys,whatever.My service provider is Rogers and that has nothing to do with the signal. I realize watching any MLS game this effen grass appears to be green,but compare that effen green to broadcasts used in baseball and football,our stuff looks washed out and dull.Watching that Liverpool game,switching back to that MLS game the difference in that effen green is worlds apart.If you guys find that acceptable so be it. In television they have a technique that is called chroma key,which allows you to change the background any way you want and I suggest that these NA yo yo's just don't use that future properly and just make it look like shi...However as long as you guys are happy,just enjoy,but it sure bugs me.

One day you will catch on. Advise,next time you see that MLS game and switch to a baseball ,football or even more so an Epl game,you will think about me.Have fun and subject closed.

So now it's "chroma key"? Cuz last week it was "white balance" [xx(]

TFC should have installed that blue field turf like Boise State in NCAA football to honour the team colours ;)

This has gotta be the conspiracy theory of all conspiracy theories.....

The media makes the on field colour off on purpose? Yeah CBC has no pros running production! Hell because of the equipment they have I know for a fact Radio-Canada Atlantique rents their production trucks/personell to Global Maritimes and CTV for their live event productions. CBC/Radio-Canada has invested heavily in out of studio equipment. They make alot renting the equipment. I'm sure the same thing happens elsewhere. (An acquaintance of mine looks after one of the satellite trucks)

Global/CTV/TSN/RDS rent CBC/Radio-Canada production equipment and production people regularly for out of studio events.

EDIT:

These people are pros. They don't care what they're covering. They will do the job to the best of their ability, because they care about the on air product.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

So now it's "chroma key"? Cuz last week it was "white balance" [xx(]

John, Chroma-Key is used to remove a colour and replace it with an image as on The Weather Network or the reporter's segments on The Daily Show where they have the live humans standing in front of a green screen.

I don't think you want to go that route. Technically, ya you could probably remove the field altogether if that's your choice but what do you replace it with, a video source of grass blowing in the breeze?

... and regarding thinking about you while we're watching soccer ... I don't wanna!

db

quote:Originally posted by argh1

TFC should have installed that blue field turf like Boise State in NCAA football to honour the team colours ;)

This has gotta be the conspiracy theory of all conspiracy theories.....

The media makes the on field colour off on purpose?

John is partly right. The field at Giants stadium is a weird colour. But its like that when you're at the stadium watching the game live too. And its like that if you're watching NFL games on TV from there. Especially for night games and even more especially when its been raining and its a night game. It's something to do with the way the light bounces off the field at that place ( i guess).

John, if your conspiracy claim was true, you'd see it at the SSS's as well not just at Giants stadium. [8)]

Archived