Last night at the Madison

RealGooner

There was an incredible atmosphere at the Madison for TFC's first game! Drinks flowed, everyone was friendly, and strangers said hello to anyone wearing a TFC jersey or scarf. There was non-stop singing and chanting, in fact the chanting started during the Leafs game prior! At one point a pair of girls at one side started a 'Here we go' chant that everyone joined in, leaving the girls surprised but pleased at what their efforts produced! Anyway , a fantastic night, and cheers to everyone who made it so electric. I hope my voice recovers in time for Monday

Guest Jeffery S.

I didn't see Jay or Rudi there, where were you guys?

Mind you, I didn't go to strut about like a peacock or try to win brownie points on the basis of:

A- Being seen.

B- Getting pats on the back.

C- Having a few drinks and being proud of it.

D- Being such a loser that you have to worry about who else was there.

Why don't you guys just admit that one presence like that of Luis' is worth dozens of insecure pack animals like yourselves?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Why do you go to extremes to be such a dick?

It is obvious who the dicks are, or whores, or any other insult you happen to have thought of today. Keep them coming, let's see what you got from your public paid education.

If you don't want to look like a loser, don't act like one on a public forum. And only a loser would care if someone was at a bar to see a football match or had stayed at home, or was with his wife or studying. Why does it matter so much to some around here? Because it does matter, that is why. Because they are so emotionally set back that knowing who was there and where and what cheers they liked, a question even my eight year old is beyond, are really important to them.

But if you thought they were big enough to handle things themselves you would never have come around here to insult me, you are as insecure as the rest of the pack.

Great at the Madison though, great atmosphere in spite of the diaper troupe.

You definitely have problems Jeffrey. I feel sorry for you. The sad thing is that there was a time when you where one my favourite posters on this forum. I loved reading your posts because they where always informative and interesting. Your post on the situation of travelling English fans was a glimpse of the greatness that you once had.

But then something happened. Is your wife cheating on you? Are you depressed? Did somoeone beat you up? I don't know the reason, but I can pretty much pinpoint when you went insane. It was right around the time you started attacking Gian-Luca for no reason. Out of nowhere you lost your mind. And this high and mighty stance you keep trying to take, while trying to belittle everyone else makes you look pathetic.

Of course, the biggest loser of all is you. If the U-Sector members are losers because "only a loser would care if someone was at a bar to see a football match or had stayed at home, or was with his wife or studying. Why does it matter so much to some around here?" as you state. You're the even bigger loser for feeling the need to comment on it, if it is as trivial as you claim.

I have to hand it to you Jeffrey, only you could take something totally positive and turn it into a negative. All I see in this thread is some harmless ribbing. But you feel the need to turn it into something much more deeper, to make yourself look so big. I don't hang out with the U-Sector too often because I can't always make it out to their events, but I've never once felt uninvited because I'm not a regular. They are an inclusive group who welcome anyone. They just want to cheer for their team, hang out and talk soccer. The night at the Madison was great because it gave me a nice feel for what is happening with TFC and this city. I met people who weren't even in the U-Sector, yet we could talk over our common love of soccer. There is no pompous loser from Barcelona that can take away the positives, no matter how hard he tries.

Getting back to the thread topic, here's Ben Knight's account of his night at The Madison:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/columnist.jsp?content=20070409_211333_5452

quote:A thunderous, raucous chorus of floor-stomping, beer-bolstered male voices, singing more-of-less to the tune of "Go West:"

"6-5! We're gonna win 6-5! 6-5! We're gonna win 6-5!"

I'm sure the the young, gentrified, upscale Leaf fans appreciated the sentiment, but they didn't seem to know what to make of it. These "people" doing this "singing" weren't like them. Not at all. They looked far too extroverted, far too happy -- and they were all wearing soccer shirts.

These are the Ultras. U-Sector. Section 113. They are the hardcore fans of Toronto FC, who will be filling the stands behind the south goal at BMO Field for the foreseeable ever. And for passion, devotion and extroverted exultation, they have no competition in this town anywhere.

Diaper troupe, indeed.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I didn't see Jay or Rudi there, where were you guys?

If you didn't know I was there, how can you accuse me of showing up to "be seen"?

quote:

Mind you, I didn't go to strut about like a peacock or try to win brownie points on the basis of:

B- Getting pats on the back.

And rightfully so. I made sure to congratulate friends of mine who have worked long and hard to see a night like that come to pass.

quote:

C- Having a few drinks and being proud of it.

I had one coke. I wasn't proud at all. I keep telling myself to cut down, but the caffeine is addiciting.

quote:

D- Being such a loser that you have to worry about who else was there.

Jeffrey, how was your seder? Did the little one fast, or did he just go to the noon hour? I know when I was young I could never last the entire day. I still can't!

Did he find the matzo OK? Don't tell me you hid it behind the couch, Jeffrey. EVERYONE hides it behind the couch. That and the toaster - the two most common masto hiding spots. It's something every Jewish youth knows. That and don't fool around with shiksas. Am I right, Jeffrey?

Guest Jeffery S.

You guys still have not explained why it is so important for you to get on Luis' case. It is like if he doesn't account to you personally, well he does not exist. That is the jist of the question.

I enjoyed the videos of the Madison, as badly shot as they were. That is not the point, the support is not the point, nor the enthusiasm. It is YOUR insistence on turning something positive into something boy cub immature. I can't honestly believe that is what the majority of people supporting U-Sector are about, but you are trying hard to prove me wrong.

If you were really sincerely pleased with what happened and is happening then you would have no cause to flaunt your insecurities in public by mocking Luis or anyone else. You should just be plain happy and that is that, but you are not, obviously.

Do you honestly think that cheering for a team in a bar with its shirt on is something to be proud about? Sure, the first time I got served in a bar, at 15, I was proud. And maybe the second time, too. After that, all that was happening was I was getting served in a bar, nothing more.

Anyways, it has always seemed to me that Luis is one of the brightest people to come around here and the way he gets your goat with this stuff shows he is light years ahead of your Brady Bunch bravado.

Hey guys, let's make this thread entirely about Jeffrey!!! He drinks at bars! He lives in Barcelona! And in his spare time he makes sweeping character judgements about people he's never met!

Here's a quote from Jeffrey dated all the way back to January 22, 2006, when he still had a sense of humour:

quote:Let's see. In the third pic, Luis is the one wearing a Voyageurs scarf diagonally across his torso in the form of military dress. On the extreme left, half way up.

On the wall.

But wait a sec, that post looks just like the ones Jay and I posted in this very thread, the ones that have Jeff all indignant and up in arms! Oy vey!

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

You guys still have not explained why it is so important for you to get on Luis' case. It is like if he doesn't account to you personally, well he does not exist. That is the jist of the question.

I enjoyed the videos of the Madison, as badly shot as they were. That is not the point, the support is not the point, nor the enthusiasm. It is YOUR insistence on turning something positive into something boy cub immature. I can't honestly believe that is what the majority of people supporting U-Sector are about, but you are trying hard to prove me wrong.

If you were really sincerely pleased with what happened and is happening then you would have no cause to flaunt your insecurities in public by mocking Luis or anyone else. You should just be plain happy and that is that, but you are not, obviously.

Do you honestly think that cheering for a team in a bar with its shirt on is something to be proud about? Sure, the first time I got served in a bar, at 15, I was proud. And maybe the second time, too. After that, all that was happening was I was getting served in a bar, nothing more.

Anyways, it has always seemed to me that Luis is one of the brightest people to come around here and the way he gets your goat with this stuff shows he is light years ahead of your Brady Bunch bravado.

I haven't been around that long, but from lurking about i have noticed that there is a running joke that Luis never shows up when he says he will and has apparently never been seen. that's why i think they're ribbing him, that and his completely vague answer on where he was at the Maddy...

Personally, i was at home watching the game on TV after watching the Leafs game. My g/f went to bed and i stayed up to watch it, liquored to the tits from the Leafs game and crashed out on my couch around minute 60, waking up at 3am and pissing of my girl in the process.

U-Sector Guys=Curious (About who Luis is and whether he actually showed up)

Jefferey S.=Insecure (Needs to insult people he has never met on an internet forum to feel important)

You might want to note Jeff that while noone really believed Luis' claim (which does not seem to be true) that he was there noone insulted him either. Maybe you should take the USector boys as a model of behaviour for yourself because they are certainly are showing more class and maturity than you are. I guess you can feel proud though that you managed to change the thread topic from the Madison meeting to yourself which should temporarily satisfy your need for attention. Agree with everything Massive Attack said.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Hey guys, let's make this thread entirely about Jeffrey!!! He drinks at bars! He lives in Barcelona! And in his spare time he makes sweeping character judgements about people he's never met!

Here's a quote from Jeffrey dated all the way back to January 22, 2006, when he still had a sense of humour:

But wait a sec, that post looks just like the ones Jay and I posted in this very thread, the ones that have Jeff all indignant and up in arms! Oy vey!

I meant that to honour him, as the reference was to a pic on the wall, I believe of the dignitary who the bar was named after (Prince of Wales or something). So the idea was that he was not only present but was in fact the royal host.

Too subtle I guess, sorry.

Come on guys I can't believe all that crap.The issue is the most important thing in our other life, soccer that is.Reading that Goony's report I realized that at the Duke nobody was singing, so I wondered why our drunks did not. I really don't have the answer.Maybe the rooms were all broken up in little ones and just not enough to have that feeling. Anyway let us for once unite and enjoy what will happen. I truly believe that we have the power to change the whole sporting scene in Toronto and even in North America. I sensed that at the Duke and our Goony was even more specific and made it even look a lot more exciting and as far as I am concerned even and obviously a lot more realistic as far as the true value of soccer is concerned.

Now about that word soccer,hey it is Toronto Football Club,so shall we be just as brazen as these wonderful guys were and are and start talking about our name football.

Anyway,Jeffrey,luis and others let's enjoy and get rid of this smaltzy crap. I love you all,you all are great and you all are making Canadian history,take it from me,Soory Goony don't mean to steal your great thunder.

I think we should have video's of all the venue's and maybe even some little interviews would be great and I guess also a first in our sporting history.

Hey Ben Knight is the greatest in enthusiasm and he would do a great and masterful job.

Archived