Video webcast of Austria/Canada

thepatriot

Is this new??

Canada vs Austria Live on the Internet

INSINC and Mediaontap.com have aquired broadcasting rights to show today's friendly between Canada and Austria @ 11:30 Pacific.

The feed will be presented through the mediaontap website using Real Media technology so please make sure you have the latest version installed.

I just got this dropped on me in the office so the player interface and whatnot are not even built so hang tight and I'll announce the link to the presentation as soon as I can.

Be sure that this little excercise will be talked about on the next Up Front broadcast on March 13th.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Isn't this the same thing talked about in the Webcast thread? I haven't seen any mention of video BTW, just audio.

This does not appear to be the same as Bill's post and in the original post I would assume "show" the game means video.

Isn't this the same thing talked about in the Webcast thread? I haven't seen any mention of video BTW, just audio.

This does not appear to be the same as Bill's post and in the original post I would assume "show" the game means video.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Sorry Regs! Have removed my earlier post.

No worries, I would just hate to see this stuff not be offered in the future (plus I'm a little cranky as I walked into the office 2 hours ago and had this all dropped on me to have up and running by 11am PT) :D

Enjoy the game!

Cheers,

~Regs.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Sorry Regs! Have removed my earlier post.

No worries, I would just hate to see this stuff not be offered in the future (plus I'm a little cranky as I walked into the office 2 hours ago and had this all dropped on me to have up and running by 11am PT) :D

Enjoy the game!

Cheers,

~Regs.

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

Good point, and yes it appears to be video. The odd coincidental nature of it all too me off guard - nothing about the game being broadcast for the several months we know about it and then just a few minutes prior to the game a separate audio & video feeds from two different sources become available to us.

Not that I am complaining or anything. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

Good point, and yes it appears to be video. The odd coincidental nature of it all too me off guard - nothing about the game being broadcast for the several months we know about it and then just a few minutes prior to the game a separate audio & video feeds from two different sources become available to us.

Not that I am complaining or anything. [8D]

Technically, the question is whether making a recording is possible (since a torrent is a distribution method that is always possible once you have something to distribute). The answer is yes, but it's not the simplest thing to do with video. As of now there isn't anything available on MaXxed, neither a complete match nor highlights.

And thus far I have looked and looked but have seen no broadcast tv highligts. It has been mentioned on Sportsnet & The Score, but only very briefly. Brian Budd & James Sharman spent all their time talking about non-Canada friendlies instead. The brief mentions on those networks was still more than I saw on TSN, which was nothing at all (though they did have enought time to show a lenghty 5 minute feature on their "news" program about cross-dressing pro athletes - nice to see they have their priorities straight).

Pathetic really, and a sour note for what was a great day for Canadian soccer. Hopefully the press coverage is a better tomorrow.

I see that the CSA actually had a press release about the webcast on their site, but only up earlier in the day. Hopefully the next time round (and lets face it, there will be a next time in terms of lack of tv coverage) they can get this organized & announced a lot further ahead of the match than the day of it. I'm sure the "ratings" will be a lot higher that way as well. Well done though to all involved for allowing us to watch it. Hopefully they'll be a way for us to re-watch it.....

And thus far I have looked and looked but have seen no broadcast tv highligts. It has been mentioned on Sportsnet & The Score, but only very briefly. Brian Budd & James Sharman spent all their time talking about non-Canada friendlies instead. The brief mentions on those networks was still more than I saw on TSN, which was nothing at all (though they did have enought time to show a lenghty 5 minute feature on their "news" program about cross-dressing pro athletes - nice to see they have their priorities straight).

Pathetic really, and a sour note for what was a great day for Canadian soccer. Hopefully the press coverage is a better tomorrow.

FSWC mentioned it when they reviewed the scores for the day, saying Brennan scored bothgoals. That, however, was after spending the first 10 minutes detailing everything about England's win over Uruguay, including an interview with Mr. Posh himself (nice guy, though). They then went to France's loss and finally to the US-Poland quick highlights (maybe one minute's worth). Cripes they spent more time getting info and video from Iran v. Costa Rica than either the Canada or US games. At least the US got some highlights shown while we got squat.

It was a small negative, but I'll try not to dwell on it.

I would have loved to have had advanced warning so I could have watched the game on the web cast. As it was I didn't have time to get to a computer with a good internet connection and I was stuck at work with a Real Player that was missing a plug in and an internet that wasn't connecting to real to update my player.

That being said I really, really appeciate that someone bothered to put this on-line and as my on-going boycott of all things Rogers attests, I vote with my dollars for people who support Canadian soccer. It sounds like it was a first-class broadcast. I

Now I'll make sure I'm ready to see it for next time.

cheers,

matthew

Regs:

First off, the live video feed was much appreciated. Congratulations to you and your organization.

I have a question regarding distribution of the video on a delayed basis. Could you send me an email please? (click the email icon above this message.) Thanks.

Archived