Mother of all Canadians Abroad - June-Nov 2005

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Hell, I'll give it a try. I'd say these ones are clearly or maybe even slightly up:

Italy

I am really at a loss on the guys in Italy.

Not too many I'd say; any discrepancies on those left out? I did this only with those already abroad a year ago but on different clubs.

Italy baffles me as well. LOL.

I had a quick look thinking you must have left some out but very few did improve their lot. Concerning teams, last year was a Scandinavian nightmare re relegation and this year our guys lost most of the promotion battles, so some good chances were lost.

Funny how the agents are streaky in what leagues the players play. We've had runs in low level England, then Scotland, Germany, and Scandinavia. Oddly we have yet to have much impact in Holland or France which are not Big Four Leagues. You would think we would have a breakthrough there especially with all the good upcoming Quebec players.

I only wish we could have had this list around 1999 when I started to get obsessive about it. That list would have been none too impressive. Jason DeVos at Darlington. Rad at Germinal Ekeren...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by analyst

The Whitecaps website and its report about last nights PCSL game states that Cam Wilson played for the Caps yesterday reserve team yesterday. Not sure if he has left Bristol again.

Can you post the link?...Found a link at

http://pcsl.org/matches-men-2005/whitecaps-newwest-jul-4.htm but still cannot find a link for Gordon Chin at Whitecaps reserves

Christian Schmidt leaves on July 15th for a trial with Ferencvaros youth side, either the u17 or u19's. I spoke with him personally last week.

Lars Hirschfield is living in Edmonton for the off-season. He is without a contract. I spoke with him personally at the Victoria soccer complex. He trains with the Victoria FC of the AMSL.

Jaswinder Gill is staying in Edmonton. Shaun Saiko will be leaving this saturday for Middlesborough for a month trial. I spoke with both of them last week at an alberta provincial camp.

Asmir Begovic has been offered a pro contract for a 5 year term with Portsmouth. He is most likely to be playing for a 1st division club in Belgium on loan. Details are yet to be confirmed. I spoke with him on the phone.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Does anybody know anything about Kevin Sharp? He is a 30-year-old Canadian born defender that just signed with Shrewsbury. Looks like he's been around for a while...

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=288777&lid=6&cpid=12&title=Peters+makes+fourth+signing&channel=league_2

He chose England over Canada a long long time ago, when he was in his teens I believe. All I could tell you is that he's been playing in the English lower divisions for quite a while.

quote:Originally posted by Ricardo06

Lars Hirschfield is living in Edmonton for the off-season. He is without a contract. I spoke with him personally at the Victoria soccer complex. He trains with the Victoria FC of the AMSL.

An opportunity for Lars to remake a name for himself?

"Liverpool's Champions League opponents TNS have placed an advert on the internet seeking "players with a proven track record at a high standard" to join their team (Mirror)."

quote:Originally posted by Ricardo06

An opportunity for Lars to remake a name for himself?

"Liverpool's Champions League opponents TNS have placed an advert on the internet seeking "players with a proven track record at a high standard" to join their team (Mirror)."

Well you know where you and Jordan got your info from, you'd think it would be obvious to what I'm referring to. I also inquired if there was any knowledge about Shmuel Hazan back in the GOACA thread about a month or so ago, I just didn't have the name. So if this helps...

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

Well you know where you and Jordan got your info from, you'd think it would be obvious to what I'm referring to. I also inquired if there was any knowledge about Shmuel Hazan back in the GOACA thread about a month or so ago, I just didn't have the name. So if this helps...

What we have here is failure to communicate. I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought you were being facetious about me not thanking him for his post. There have been 400 responses to this thread, I can't thank everybody for supplying leads.

My peeve is people's refusal/reluctance to supply links or any kind of confirming info, like I talked to his manager or father or saw him playing last night. Just a name and a team were supplied and I had to confirm it. If the poster had the info why couldn't he take a second and post additional info or a link and save me some work tracking it down. The team, I don't think, has a webpage and besides my Hebrew ain't too good. As it happens I found that link quickly, other times I don't. It's for that reason why I told DJT I didn't want to do extra work on this. If we could confirm stuff quickly I probably could do what he asked, but that ain't the case. Poor me, poor me, blah, blah, blah.

If you're trying to tell me that you posted something earlier, I didn't make the connection. There's 100 guys on the MOACA and probably another 100 guys I'm trying to track down. Keeping track of them and recording all the rumours is enough for my pea brain.

Sorry if I forgot your post but if you didn't have the guy's name how would I know who you're talking about? I'm not psychic, just a little testy ce soir. I don't know where Jordan got his info from and he didn't share it. I did a google and found an online Jewish magazine.

I still don't know what yer talking about. Clear it up and we'll solve the mystery. Spell it out man, I'm a dumb Maritimer with a Grade Two education and no teeth. Post a link :)

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

This thread has been sitting under this one for the past few days, I figured you might have noticed it since that's where Jordan got his info.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7301

It used to be named Canada beat Argentina!! until one of the mods changed it today.

Thank you! Now I understand. As you can tell I didn't read that thread. At this site I just read this thread and any thread that obviously has a player update header. It would be nice if people put player movement info here.

I got all testy for nothing, but you shoulda explained it earlier. I probably figured that thread was some smartass thing like homeless soccer which people tend to joke about in headers. (No offence to the CMNHT) By the way homelessness is no joke.

Peace on earth

Striker Elliott Godfrey is on trial with St. Albans City of the English Conference South (sixth tier). He came into the Saints' pre-season friendly in the second half against an Aldershot XI on Tuesday and scored the match-winning goal.

http://www.sacfc.co.uk/news/scripts/full-news.php?2005_07_13_09_02_00_dec87791108b3bbab9edfc22194b2236

and

http://www.hertsad.co.uk/content/herts/sport/story.aspx?brand=HADOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sporthertsad&itemid=WEED14%20Jul%202005%2011%3A17%3A50%3A180

Archived