Who is Going to the CONCACAF Gold Cup

I'll be in Seattle for the Costa Rica & USA games. Also joining

me will be my (patient) wife (who went with me to Boston for GC'03),

as well as my six-month old son. Gotta start them early. ;)

I'm looking forward to joining Cheeta, Canso, Geoff, Vancouver Fan,

and the rest of the Voyageurs there.

quote:Originally posted by Gloucester in FLA

How exactly do you calculate your chances of doing something and express it in percentage form?And also, is it really 85%, or are you rounding it off? I need to know....

:)

Here is how I calculate it. You start with a 100%, then sustract 20% per mistake made in the last 2 months (2). That gets me to 60%. Then you subatract 10% for every time I was late in the last two months (2), I'm now at 40%. After that you add 10% for every day I did in overtime (2), I'm back to 60%. You add 10% because I gave two weeks of formation to a new guy, I'm at 70%, and you add 15% because I was an honnest guy and gave back the 200$ I add in surplus on my paycheck a month ago that was not suppose to be there.

So according to this complicated calculation there is an 85% chance that my boss likes me enough to give me the two days off i need to go there.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

:)

Here is how I calculate it. You start with a 100%, then sustract 20% per mistake made in the last 2 months (2). That gets me to 60%. Then you subatract 10% for every time I was late in the last two months (2), I'm now at 40%. After that you add 10% for every day I did in overtime (2), I'm back to 60%. You add 10% because I gave two weeks of formation to a new guy, I'm at 70%, and you add 15% because I was an honnest guy and gave back the 200$ I add in surplus on my paycheck a month ago that was not suppose to be there.

So according to this complicated calculation there is an 85% chance that my boss likes me enough to give me the two days off i need to go there.

You obviously aren't married or shcked up. The formula gets complicated exponentially to the power of at least 10 when that enters the equation.:)

Yea, I just my reserved my ticket for the Boston game. I wont be going to Seatle, but will be faithfully watching both games from Seattle via Rogers Sportsnet. I got a strange feeling about the group we are in. I think we are either going to get the stuffing kicked out of us(lord I hope not) or pull off a few surprises in the opening round. It all depends on the first came with Costa Rica. If we can tie or win that one, and win against Cuba we will be fine (I am already tossing out any chance of us getting a point against the U.S.).

However if we lose against Costa Rica, then lights out.

By the way, Univision, Galavision and Telefutura is showing every game of the tournament live in the United States. Too bad Canada doesnt have that passion.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

By the way, Univision, Galavision and Telefutura is showing every game of the tournament live in the United States. Too bad Canada doesnt have that passion.

"Passion"? More like Costa Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Hondurians, Guatemaleans...

"Passion"? More like three thousand Spanish channels. Pick up one of them so called illegal dishes and you can watch the Honduras 3rd division live.

"Passion"? More like illegal immigrants. [:P]

Archived