Atiba Hutchinson to Austria??

Dandal

According to swedish football newssite Fotbolldirekt.com, who has talked to Hutchinson, he has been approached by Austria Wien. There is no formal bid yet, but he is interested in what the austrian club can offer.

Hutchinson's season with Helsingborg in the swedish premier has been great so far, 4 goals, 3 assists and top ratings with a team that is challenging for the championship. This, and that he has made friends in Helsingborg, makes him reluctant accepting an offer just because the pay is better.

His club says that Atiba is one of the best midfielders in the swedish premier and that they wont let him go cheap. They confirm Helsingborg has been approached by Austria, but they haven't recieved any offer.

Certainly a better club that consistently plays in European competitions but probably only a moderate improvement in league playing level. Assuming that Austria is going to want a reasonably long contract and considering the apparent interest of some teams in better leagues he might be better to wait for a better offer. Would be a good stepping stone on the way to the German Bundesliga though.

Quite a few EPL clubs needing a holding midfielder, Didi Hamann will retire next year, and Everton have yet to replace Thomas Gravesen. Dare I dream of a Hume and Hutch double signing?

Given another year as one of Sweden's top midfielders hard to imagine him not being able to move to the highest level.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Dare I dream of a Hume and Hutch double signing?

It is widely rumoured/known that Hume and Hutch are childhood buddies and best of friends. I would imagine they would love to play together in the same Club.

"Atiba is one of the best midfielders in the swedish premier"

Just wanted to repost that statement so I could look at it again.

But I would have hoped that the best MF in Sweden would attract interested from bigger club(s) than Austria Wien. Carreer-wise, sounds like, your better off staying in the a-league. Just look at Adrian Seroux or even Josh Simpson. But we know how the Lynx are, if the can get 5K.

Ye Hume and atiba are good buddies. Actually while palying with the missisauga falcons when I was 13 or 14. I played against them both and my buddy got into a fight with Atbia. :) A move to the Austri league wouldnet be sooo bad, this is a perfect stepping stone into the Bundesliga. Austria Wieden won the Austira sup last week with polish international Sebastian Mila (he is the guy who scored vs man city for Groclin) anywho this went pretty deep in the UEFA cup. They are also on the hunt for players. Their scouts were also spotted @ the recent Legia Warszawa- Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski cup game, they were interested in signing Marek Saganowski. Legia striker for 1.2 mil. This team is looking to improve and adding Saganowski and Atiba would be great.

I think Atiba should stay in Sweden. The Austrian league will not be a significant step up for him, so why mess with a situation in which he is playing regularly, well-settled and producing on the field? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Who knows if he will get as much playing time in Austria or if he will continue to be used in midfield? He's in a good situation now and there is no point upsetting it just in order to move sideways. He should pass this one up and stay in Sweden until he gets an offer from a better league.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MikeD

I think Atiba should stay in Sweden. The Austrian league will not be a significant step up for him, so why mess with a situation in which he is playing regularly, well-settled and producing on the field? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Who knows if he will get as much playing time in Austria or if he will continue to be used in midfield? He's in a good situation now and there is no point upsetting it just in order to move sideways. He should pass this one up and stay in Sweden until he gets an offer from a better league.

Agreed, he is just getting into his own and the team needs him. Play out the season, enjoy it, and by the fall he can always be signing for a better side. Especially when in Austria they have a long winter break and there are usually signings in winter.

Some might think that if a good offer comes his way he should take it (and should the club) while it's hot, but I think that is only the case if it is really hot, and this one is not quite steamy enough.

What is he worth, a million Euros, 800,000?

According to Helsingborgs Dagblad, Atiba's agent has been contacted by Birmingham and, according to Dagbladets "sources", it is worth an estimated £1.5-2 million for Helsingborg.

Atiba admits that it's flattering to receive an offer from one of the best leagues in the world. (Makes the offer from Austria Wien a little less interesting.)

Helsingborg are disappointed that Atiba's playing in the Gold Cup and they've done everything they can to stop him playing - including contacting the CSA - but Atiba is committed to playing for Canada as his first priority (assuming he's selected).

Main point from second article is that Atiba is in no rush and he'll wait until he sees the offers.

http://hd.se/senastenytt/sporten/detalj.shtml?id=36351

and

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=647&a=425943&previousRenderType=6

"Birmingham have called a press conference for tomorrow afternoon where they plan to unveil a high-profile signing.

The 'major international signing' will be the Blues' first of the summer as they bid to further establish themselves in the Premiership."

I don't think Attiba qualifies as a major international signing, even though he should be the first name on our team sheet.

"Birmingham have called a press conference for tomorrow afternoon where they plan to unveil a high-profile signing.

The 'major international signing' will be the Blues' first of the summer as they bid to further establish themselves in the Premiership."

I don't think Attiba qualifies as a major international signing, even though he should be the first name on our team sheet.

I don't think Danny Gabbidon really qualifies either, but that's the only other rumour I can find.

the article Mjoni posted a link to says that they will be signing two internationals and that their identities may be a surprise. I think that could definately apply to Attiba. Hope it is the case as a move to the premiership would be great for him.

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

the article Mjoni posted a link to says that they will be signing two internationals and that their identities may be a surprise. I think that could definately apply to Attiba. Hope it is the case as a move to the premiership would be great for him.

As nice as that would be, I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves. He's only been 'contacted' so who knows what the interest truly is like. Here's to hoping though...! (PS - Sign for Villa.)

• 3 weeks later...

The Mirror ain't worth the paper it's printed on, but here it is anyway:

Football Spy: Jewell"s so batty over Ati

69 words

29 June 2005

Mirror

English

© 2005 Mirror Group Ltd

WIGAN boss Paul Jewell has put Canadian international midfielder Atiba Hutchinson on his wish- list for the Premiership.

Jewell sent a senior spy to watch Hutchinson (above) play for his Swedish club Helsingborg last night as he weighs up a deal.

Hutchinson, a strapping 6ft 1in hard-tackling stopper, would cost around £400,000 and is keen on the move.

Archived