York Stadium Argos OFFICIALLY pull out

brodycheese

quote:Originally posted by Richard

An utter waste of your time huh, yet you still continue to respond with more of your corrosive crap, day after day. You'd do more for the Canadian game by spending the time coaching kids soccer or running a club or league than reacting to people who are such a waste of your time.

Does volunteering with a downtown eastside senior secondary team count? You are not an openminded person. Meaning, you can only relate to your own point of view. An opposing perspective is met with, just to pick one example out of your last post; "your corrosive crap, day after day" I get more respect from highschool kids who have grown-up in refugee camps, come from single-parent/alcohol&drug addiction/and violent homes. I'd rather spend my time with them then wasting it on your value-judgements of my opinions. Your in a league of your own, together with Gian-Luca, Massive-Attack and PowerPC. All you guys do is forward secondhand information and insult anyone who has a different point of view from your own. Most of your personal beefs with me relates to my views of Kevan Pipe. He is not a volunteer and therefore should be held accountable for his performance, and I don't give a vuck if you don't agree with that. I do give a vuck when you insult me because my opinion of Kevan differs from yours, but we'll deal with that if we ever meet. It's one thing shooting your mouth off on your computer, and quiet another doing it to my face.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Announcing the new CSA stadium proposal at VARSITY WITH UOFT AMD MLG .

Announcng the new CSA stadium proposal at VARSITY WITH UOFT.

Announcing the new CSA stadium proposal at VARSITY WITH ?

oh never mind stay tuned for more exciting broken pipe dreams announcements from the CSA

Announcing the new CSA 25000 seat stadium proposal at YORK WITH YORKU ARGOS AMD MLG AND MAYBE LYNX.

Announcing the new CSA 15000 seat stadium proposal at YORK WITH YORKU AMD MLG AND MAYBE LYNX.

Announcing the new CSA 10000 seat stadium proposal at YORK WITH YORKU AND MAYBE LYNX.

Announcing the new CSA 2000 seat stadium proposal at YORK WITH MAYBE LYNX.

oh never mind stay tuned for more exciting broken pipe dreams announcements from the CSA.

I cant beleive the Canadian public had any real expectations of any of these actually happening.

Why are they upset at us we didnt do anything it was those guys.

We did nothing wrong how were we supposed to know there were bad and mean people in the world.

I dont know about you guys but I am impressed.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

It's one thing shooting your mouth off on your computer, and quiet another doing it to my face.

I piss over guys twice your size. Muahahahahahah :)

Seriously, Richard would you want this psycho to be coaching your kid? If you want to see the best of ol' Robert go to Net54.

He Robert, think you can write a post without mentioning Kevan Pipe?

Robert, full credit to you for your for volunteering at the highschool but my comment pertained to contributing to the development of Canadian soccer and you neglected to tell us whether your volunteering was soccer related, is it? Mine is. You may well be respected by those refugee children Robert but respect is earned, if you want it here you need to start working on earning it here too and cut back on the crap you do post with monotonous regularity. If you'd rather spend your time with the children that's fine by me, they probably need it more than anybody here and certainly more than I do. Finally, has it occurred to you that just as you object to what you perceive as my value judgements of you, so do many of us object your value judgements of the likes of Kevan Pipe and everybody else associated with the CSA? Don't bother to respond, save the time for you highschool kids.

"I can see Kevan lighting one up right now"

Anyone saw Pipe stuttering and spluttering at the press conference would think he was stoned! "No ifs ands or...whatever!." Ha!

That man has no credibility left. Nothin but Pipe dreams.

Great!

Anyone saw Pipe stuttering and spluttering at the press conference would think he was stoned! "No ifs ands or...whatever!." Ha!

Great!

quote:Originally posted by canso

Great!

He's really put himself out front on this one.

You'd hope it'll be his last wheezy gasp, but I'm betting he'll still be able to survive this as well. He does have the one talent, it appears - survival.

I have to ask his defenders, what evidence from the past is there that he'll be able to pull this one off?

just face the fact folks, the stadium is dead or at least in a coma. The

Feds and the prov governments are NOT going to pour millions of dollars

into a stadium for the Toroto LYNX or the York University sports programs

not with an election due at any time. Canada will not lose anything major

if this u-20 tournament gets pulled from us or the stadium doesn't get

bulit, we're back at square one as dar as soccer goes, we're a third world soccer nation and thats all we will ever be.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

just face the fact folks, the stadium is dead or at least in a coma. The

Feds and the prov governments are NOT going to pour millions of dollars

into a stadium for the Toroto LYNX or the York University sports programs

not with an election due at any time. Canada will not lose anything major

if this u-20 tournament gets pulled from us or the stadium doesn't get

bulit, we're back at square one as dar as soccer goes, we're a third world soccer nation and thats all we will ever be.

I agree except for your the last seven words.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

I agree except for your the last seven words.

Maybe your right Robert, they may be a time when Canada becomes

better then we are now. But thats a long way off and will continue

to be unless some one gives the sport a helping hand.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

Maybe your right Robert, they may be a time when Canada becomes

better then we are now. But thats a long way off and will continue

to be unless some one gives the sport a helping hand.

That helping hand would have to come from a hand that can help itself. If there is just one lesson to be learned from this whole thread, it is that Canadian soccer affairs can never again be left vulnerable to second party decisionmaking. The only thing that we can do now is to prepare ourselves for the day the Pipe era comes to an end. In order to ensue sound leadership for Canadian soccer, we need to come up with clearly defined responsibilities for which the next CSA's Chief Operating Officer must be held accountable for. In addition to establishing a cleary defined role for this person, the term in office should be limited to a specific period of time, after which an election must be called. Maybe the number of terms in office should also be limited to prevent anyone from pulling a Pipe.

I am quite sure if you cared to do the research you will find that there is a clear job description for the CSA COO. Furthermore this is a fulltime, salaried position, not an office filled by election. Recruiting and hiring of the COO is no doubt the responsibility of the CSA president and board of directors. If you want to have some influence in selection of the next COO then run for office or better still, apply for the job yourself Robert. Let's see how well you do after all the criticism you have levelled at Kevan Pipe.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

I am quite sure if you cared to do the research you will find that there is a clear job description for the CSA COO. Furthermore this is a fulltime, salaried position, not an office filled by election. Recruiting and hiring of the COO is no doubt the responsibility of the CSA president and board of directors. If you want to have some influence in selection of the next COO then run for office or better still, apply for the job yourself Robert. Let's see how well you do after all the criticism you have levelled at Kevan Pipe.

Obviously the CSA president and the board of directors approve of Kevan Pipe's performance, for I have not noticed any job posting for this position on their webpage.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

There was absolutely no reason the CSA should have announced any stadium plans (once again, the 3rd failed plan) until the first shovel was in the ground. No reason what-so-ever.

You can continue to disbelieve everything all you like about such & such parties never having any intention to make you feel better, it won't alter the reality that they did. As for the CSA never announcing stadium plans, that comment almost beggars belief. No reason at all eh? Have you heard of this thing called the U20 World Youth Championships?

quote:

Because reporters keep saying "the soccer people". Nevermind 99% of Canadians wouldn't think soccer if you said CSA, I wonder how many know we have a national body who is responsible for soccer in this land. And nobody believes the gov't money was for the WYC.

Reporter, not plural, and that's a soccer hating moron by the name of Dave Perkins. The rest of your comments are irrelevant.

quote:

The problem is I don't see anybody who was money seriously lining up for an MLS franchise.

Oh dear. Well, that just about says it all.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

[Richard and Gian-Luca grace us with. Your right Fan, both are a utter waste of my time.

Hey, I told you to go away before, and you didn't listen. And now you are regretting having wasted your time talking to people who aren't incredibly myopic in their view of what ails Canadian soccer the way you are. You should have listened to me.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

You can continue to disbelieve everything all you like about such & such parties never having any intention to make you feel better, it won't alter the reality that they did. As for the CSA never announcing stadium plans, that comment almost beggars belief. No reason at all eh? Have you heard of this thing called the U20 World Youth Championships?

But you are not providing any evidence to the contrary. You are just saying, um, stuff...

You're the lawyer here. Explain to me how did UofT and the Argos get out of these so called "deals" so easily. Because they had so many clauses that they were only "deals" in fantasy land (i.e. CSA offices). Otherwise why is the CSA not suing them? And if this is how business is done (i.e. you proceed on "intention" alone), then it's not the fault of UofT or the Argos at all. It's the fault of the CSA for not protecting themselves. For example, when they "signed" the "agreement", there should have been penalty clauses, you pull out, you pay $5 million dollars to each of the other parties.

And that leads to my point about the CSA not announcing the particulars of the new stadium. Meaning, they obviously had to announce building a stadium, but there really was no reason to announce when, where, who, why, what, how, until they had signed deals with all the parties involved. That way, the Argos would have not played them like fools, which was obvious once again from months ago.

quote:

The rest of your comments are irrelevant.

The reason "the soccer people" look like victims is because nobody believes the cash was for the WYC. Everybody thinks it was for the Argos. I'll find you some articles, besides your buddy Perkins.

quote:

Oh dear. Well, that just about says it all.

Who? The Leafs? You don't honestly believe that do you? Oh wait, weren't the Leafs involved with the UofT stadium as well? Do you really think the Leafs have a problem finding $20 million if they really wanted? Who else who has money is seriously interested?

I can't believe this. I thought there would be an all-out rebellion brewing here calling for the CSAs heads. I am truly completely shocked.

Some people feel justified criticizing the CSA because its public claims about the stadiums have been proven to be empty/false. This criticism may be valid, but I can only say "may" at this time. The CSA knew all along that the U of T and York Stadium plans were tentative, and they may have particpated in the press conferences in order to pressure the provincial and federal governments to throw in even more money. It may have been well-intentioned. The ensuing resulting problem is that the CSA's credibility has been hurt. We feel they misled us, but we may be willing to forgive them because it was well intentioned.

Other people have criticized the CSA for not saving money over the years to put into a national stadium that will be used by the National teams. I'm not sure the CSA should help pay for a stadium, because the only fans who will get to watch the games in such a stadium are the people who live in the city where the stadium is located. I doubt I'll ever get to see the MNT play in Toronto.

Richard has indirectly suggested the CSA elected officials are happy with Kevan Pipe's past performance. We should not personalize things, by criticizing Pipe. He's a staff person. If anyone is unhappy with the CSA, then they should take it up with the elected officials, and not denigrate staff people. By ignoring the elected people who run the CSA, we may be doing Canadian soccer a disservice.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

But you are not providing any evidence to the contrary. You are just saying, um, stuff...

You're the lawyer here.

What would you like? Signed affidavits? Transcript of testimony provided in court?

Intentions can change. Just because they do doesn't give people the right to sue.

The amount of absolutes you have provided in this thread has been remarkable. "100% their fault", "NEVER had intention" etc - things aren't so black and white. Perhaps that's why you are suffering from shock that everyone but Dave Perkins, Bob McCown, a few people on this board who have all had anti-CSA agenda's & axes to grind for generations are critical of the Argos, not the CSA, for the Argos own flip-flop.

As for your belief about who had what intentions and whether MLSE were ever interested in an MLS team or were in fact lying to US-based journalists reporting in US based media outlets all along, well that's up to you. You are free to choose to believe what you wish. Its a free country and a free forum after all. I'm done with this thread though.

If the CSA does try and go it alone on the stadium issue then they should

go back to the Exhibition grounds for the site. Public transportation is

much better then the York University site and it would make it easier for

spectators to get to the venue.

Archived