Pozniak

stacks

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

poz isnt anywhere near the canadian national team. Hes on the same level as a hastings or a fenwick.... he should go back to toronto.

Nah, I think he has more to offer than Hastings and Fenwick. I'd like Yallop to take a look, at least.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Yallop did have a look at him, I believe.

He was on the team that played versus Barbados in January, plus I think he was also at the Manchester camp.

Surely seeing a professional footballer play twice in unfamiliar surroundings isn't good enough.

Is there no video available of the games of some of the fringe players? I sure hope that Yallop can get his hands on them to actually see these kids play. If he can't, then maybe that is the big part of the problem.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Surely seeing a professional footballer play twice in unfamiliar surroundings isn't good enough.

Is there no video available of the games of some of the fringe players? I sure hope that Yallop can get his hands on them to actually see these kids play. If he can't, then maybe that is the big part of the problem.

But we have seen play. Holger Osieck called him several times for various matches in the past few years. He was also on the U20 squad that played in Argentina. Did not have a good tournament IMHO. I tend to concure with Sean, he is a decent and dependable player who could add some depth but nothing that stands out in the way of flash and skill. Not much more that you could say beyond that. He was a regular for a few years with the Lynx but never really caught anyones attention until the news came that he signed with Noorkopping.

He is still in his early twenties so he has some upside but he has not shown me anything that addresses a pressing need for the MNT. Nor have I seen anything skillwise and technical to suggest that he is destined for anything really big at a professional level.

Actually he went to Orebro in Sweden first and seemed to do well in the top division and was a regular starter for the club. However, he was not happy with the contract he was offered after two years and then signed with Haugesund in Norway's 2nd tier. He never played for Norrkoping (it was Wyn Belotte who signed with this team). I would have to agree that he is presently a depth player on the MNT. On the other hand one of our starting central defenders (I think everyone can figure out who I mean) is also in my opinion no better than a depth player and we had some guys on the bench (some of whom subbed in at times) that I wouldn't even consider to be depth players.

Of the defenders in Scandanavia, Marco Reda seems to be the most promising player not called but he was injured at the start of the qualifying campaign. Still, considering our weakness at the back one might think he could have been called at least as a sub for the latter games but the same also holds true for Nsaliwa and Klukowski. Shortly before his injury, Norway's national coach was so impressed by Reda's league play that he stated he would call him for Norway if he were a Norwegian. I personally think that Yallop had absolutely decided to play Watson and didn't call anyone who could threaten Watson's place in the team.

Archived