Honduras starters(who we would all love to see)

stacks

Onstad(I would love to see hirsh ,he's only played 2 games in 2 yrs)

Menezes Mckenna Devos Jazic

Hume Bent Bircham Brennan

Radzinski De RoSario

subs: Ocean, Watson, Imhof(defensive mid-if were winning late in the game), De Guzman, hutchinson,Peschy or corazzin for super-sub.

Onstad

Hutch-De Vos-Menezes-Jazic

Hume-Serioux-De Guzman-Brennan

Radz-Occean

Subs: Sutton, Imhoff, Bircham, Pesh, Watson, Simpson, Peteers

No Paul Stalteri because he'll be suspended.

If Mckenna is healthy I would start him as a central defender and move Menezes to the right (Hutch on the bench).

I hope the week Lars had can confirm to everyone that Onstad is our "top" keeper at the moment.....I think Lars will bounce back with a couple of games under his belt but right now doesn't seem in top form.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Hume MUST be up front! This is where he is most effective. I'd suggest Ocean up front with Hume, Radzinski behind them, Deguz on the left, Bircham holding, Hutch on the right, with Nsaliwa Devos Jazic and somebody fast in the back.

Hume missed a couple of quality chances though. I'm thinking about that great ball from Rad that picked Hume out perfectly sandwiched between several Honduran defenders. The service on that play may have been best we saw in Canada's WCQ effort this year. All Hume could do was direct it wide. Than there was that Volley on the right side that Hume could have done much better with.

The point I am getting at is that, Although Hume has not had a poor campaign nor has he done anything to suggest that he lose his spot, I didn't see anything from him to suggest that he has the natural insticts of a poacher just yet. That may come and I may be proven wrong. But right now, he seems to be effective when he has room to run, but opponents have been bunkering down on Canada and playing counter-attacking style. If someone needs to be moved up from the winger role to fwd, I would think of deRosario before Hume at this time.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Hume missed a couple of quality chances though. I'm thinking about that great ball from Rad that picked Hume out perfectly sandwiched between several Honduran defenders. The service on that play may have been best we saw in Canada's WCQ effort this year. All Hume could do was direct it wide. Than there was that Volley on the right side that Hume could have done much better with.

The point I am getting at is that, Although Hume has not had a poor campaign nor has he done anything to suggest that he lose his spot, I didn't see anything from him to suggest that he has the natural insticts of a poacher just yet. That may come and I may be proven wrong. But right now, he seems to be effective when he has room to run, but opponents have been bunkering down on Canada and playing counter-attacking style. If someone needs to be moved up from the winger role to fwd, I would think of deRosario before Hume at this time.

Sure, but Hume is having great success with Tranmere when he plays up front, and had great success with our U20s. Start him up front, I say. If he isn't good, then sub him or stick him back on right mid. There is a huge psychological advantage to starting him up front. Then it becomes his to lose...

I think this will be our best option at the moment:

Jazic, Imhof, DeRosario, Watson dropped to the bench with recalls for Klukowski, N'Saliwa, Bircham. Hutch starts alongside DeVos in the centre to give us more pace with N'saliwa at right back and Simpson at leftback. Away from home, two holding midfielders who can win the ball and distribute: Bircham and Klukowski and three attacking midfielders who can drop back to pick up the ball and interchange with each other: DeGuzman, Hume and Radzinski and a big target man: Occean. Bit risky with the younger guys at the back, but they're all in form and playing in more natural positions. Also have Serioux and Menezes on the bench to keep Lars company for now.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

----------Onstad---------------

Simpson Devos Klukowski Hutchinson

----------Bircham--------------

Deguzman----------------- Hume

----------Radzinski-------------

DeRosario-----------------Occean

Keep in mind sides: Simpson plays on the left, as does Kluka; Hutch central or on the right.

I would certainly bring Nsaliwa back especially as he is now playing central defender at club level in a league higher or equal to any of our other options at central defence. I don't understand why anyone would consider dropping Jazic from our starting defence. Klukowski definitely deserves a look as well but if he is strong enough to start it shouldn't be Jazic that he is replacing. If we have someone strong enough that Jazic isn't needed in the back then he moves up and replaces someone at mid just like Stalteri would also do. At the moment I think both are needed in the back. I think Hutchinson is promising and a possible future starter but I haven't seen anything from him so far suggesting that he should be more than a sub if our full lineup is available. I haven't seen the same improvement in his play after the impressive U20 WC that I have seen with Hume and Simpson (who are also not firm starters at present in my mind).

The only reason I'd play Hume up front instead of DD, is because Hume is getting tonnes more playing time than DeRo. DeRo can be wonderful, but he was really not a presence against Honduras. (Actually, he felt like a liability on the right side, but since we are arguing for him to start up front, this is not such an issue.) Look at how he played in Costa Rica. He was much better than versus Honduras, and one can only assume that the more game time he gets, the better he plays. DD is not even starting with San Jose these days--which is a shame--while Hume is notching some nice goals and lots of playing time.

Archived