New name for Dallas MLS franchise

Andrew W

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Someone should tell him that Real = Royal in Spanish. This would be of the utmost ridiculousness. Too bad "Lakers" is taken...

yea it would be a pretty stupid, insane and pathetic attempt at making the mls sound more european.

however, the the switch to FC Dallas is agood move...The mls should do the thing they do in europe with the sponsor on the front of the jersey, that could help bring in kep revenue. Just as long as they dont plaster the jerseys with a buncha companies.

Guest Jeffery S.

Salt Lake Spiral Jetty sounds about right by me. Now under water.

Anyone wonder if Salt Lake did the same kind of manouevers to get MLS over Seattle that they used to get the Olympics?

Speaking of the name, I think that the IOC has it registered now, the only teams that can use it are those that had it long enough ago to be able to claim a precedent over the IOC patenting it. Just off the cuff that would be Lyon, Marseille, and Olympiakos, though I am sure the Greeks could use it when they want as it is their damn mountain.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Salt Lake Spiral Jetty sounds about right by me. Now under water.

Anyone wonder if Salt Lake did the same kind of manouevers to get MLS over Seattle that they used to get the Olympics?

Speaking of the name, I think that the IOC has it registered now, the only teams that can use it are those that had it long enough ago to be able to claim a precedent over the IOC patenting it. Just off the cuff that would be Lyon, Marseille, and Olympiakos, though I am sure the Greeks could use it when they want as it is their damn mountain.

Surely the MLS could use it if a tiny CPSL squad pulled it off.

According to the club's website, far as I can tell, the names they are looking to decide between are: Salt Lake Highlanders, Alliance SL, Salt Lake Front, Utah United and Real Salt Lake.

http://iloveutahsoccer.com/p_pollscript.asp

Now the funny thing is, having visited the website before, they've changed the poll to include Front and United. Previously it had Glory as one of the choices. On Bigsoccer, the name Highlanders was the overwhelming favourite, but on this site, where you can vote as many times as you like, Front has mysteriously taken the lead.

Archived