Voyageurs/Southsiders Section Confirmed for WCQ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by nolando

Dude, did you get my email? I asked for seven, but now I could use nine. Can I still get them? Once I hear confirmation then I'll fire off a cheque. Cheers...

Nolando,I still havn't heard from you.I've got 9 tickets set aside for you.I'll be in the southside tonight behind a Whitecaps banner taking payment and handing out tickets.

I'm almost sold out and I want to make sure evreyone is accomadated.

So let me know when you want the tickets.Depending on where you live I can even meet you somewhere.

Nazz,

I have emailed you three times so I can't explain what's going on either. Dude, let's meet and do the deal! I am in East Van near Broadway and Commercial. I need at least nine and up to eleven if you still have them. Call me at 258-7467 ASAP. I am good for them, belive me.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Cheers, Nazz! Thanks for setting up this whole darn thing. Very professionally done. Looking forward to seeing you Monday at Hearts. Hopefully you'll let us buy you a beer at some point to say thanks.

No problem.Given the location of our transaction today,I felt strangely like a drug dealer.[8D]

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Anyone with a hotel suggestion for the 18th?

Heres a few you can try.

Best Western Kings Inn-5411 Kingsway-604-4381383

10 min drive East of Swangard

or close to a Skytrain Station

Days Inn Vancouver Metro-2075 Kingsway-604-8765531

5 min drive west of Swangard

25-30 min walk

Excutive Hotels and Resorts-4201 Lougheed Hwy.-6042982010

10 min drive North of Swangard

On my route to the game.I could pick you up om my way.

Holiday Inn Vancouver Metrotown-4405 Central Blvd.-604-4381881

5 min drive East of Swangard

Skytrain Station Nearby

Lake City Motor Inn-5415 Lougheed Hwy-604-2945331

15 min drive Northeast of Swangard

I could pick you up again.5 min east of my place.

Is Swangard sold out yet? I can't go, because I have to work all the week, but I've had a few people asking me here in Edmonton who may want to go. I expect there will be no walk-ups, that's for sure.

Incidentally, I've seen some recent comments on a Guatemalan website saying how "smoothly" it went using Ticketmaster to get their tickets. They were amazed at how easy it was compared to toer countries. There won't be many Hondurans in Edmonton from looking at their websites. There are much fewer Honduran immigrants than any of the other Central American countries, and most of them are in Texas and Florida.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

I know you were kidding, Footy knows you were kidding, however some unfortunate person may have not. Hence our "dumbass" replies.

i guess you're right.that would be a bit of culture shock to an easterner.

quote: Is Swangard sold out yet?

I'm no sure. The game isn't exactly a hot topic on the sports news. My guess is that it is close to selling out, however we don't even know what capacity the stadium will be. Without southside bleachers it will either be 5,700 (with the Whitecaps on the track bleachers) or 6,100 with the old east side bleachers. Ticketmaster doesn't really made it clear, click on the seating chart and you get the Whitecaps configuration.

I'm no sure. The game isn't exactly a hot topic on the sports news. My guess is that it is close to selling out, however we don't even know what capacity the stadium will be. Without southside bleachers it will either be 5,700 (with the Whitecaps on the track bleachers) or 6,100 with the old east side bleachers. Ticketmaster doesn't really made it clear, click on the seating chart and you get the Whitecaps configuration.

Krammerhead,I know this has been taliked about before but I was always under the impression that the grandstand held 4500,the old east bleachers 1100,and the north bleachers 900 for a total of 6500.The total,therefore with the new aluminum bleachers would be 6100.How do you break it down.

I don't really know how to break it down. I've had discussions with others, and they all agree that there is no way the grandstand holds 4500.

Anyway I made a mistake, I forgot to count the north end bleachers. I figure tonights setup which will probably be the same will seat 6622. The official capacity of Swangard for Whitecaps games is 5722 add 900 for the north end bleachers and you get 6622.

Oh yeah, can anyone understand why Robert on the other board is pissing upon the effort made to get all these tickets together and taking the piss of the Southsiders? Did we run his underwear up a flag pole at a game or something?

The answer is simple. Robert's an asshole, and is going out of his way to be an asshole in this case.

He's whining about Canadians not supporting soccer, yet he pisses all over the ones that do. I'm glad he's only on that board.

Hey, Vancouver Fan, I was chatting with Pedram last night and he says that they plan on having those "tents" over the bleachers for this game. Another fan later told me that when they have those tents over the bleachers you can't stand up because your view is obscurred by the top of the tent. Is there any way we can confirm that they'll have tents or not?

Hey, Vancouver Fan, I was chatting with Pedram last night and he says that they plan on having those "tents" over the bleachers for this game. Another fan later told me that when they have those tents over the bleachers you can't stand up because your view is obscurred by the top of the tent. Is there any way we can confirm that they'll have tents or not?

Well,Ramsbottom told me that there will not be tents for this game and ticketmster dude said that there are.I tend to believe the guy who actually works for the club who own the tents.The tents were not used last night so that's a good sign.

I'll E mail him and try and get this put to rest.We can't have the tents there.

BTW if you have the 2003 Whitecaps team poster take a look at the person standing in the 3rd row under the tent.It looks like they can still see.

Just checked the poster, and yes it looks like you can see standing in those bleachers. However I wonder if it's different with the newer bleachers on the track. The new metal bleachers are "steeper" than the permanent wooden ones putting the last row higher up into the tent area. If one stands in those I can see it cutting off the view of the people in the last row.

Archived