Canizalez to Hannover 96

Gian-Luca

This was just posted by "Hannover Girl" on bigsoccer.com:

http://epaper01.niedersachsen.com/eZeitung/2004070200816html2/htmlstories/0701210205_c11e31aa_15.html

Meycoll Canizales-Smith is now playing for Hannover 96's reserve team. The quote könnte einer für die Profis werden means: he has the talent to make the Bundesliga club, so maybe we'll see him play some games for 96 as an injury replacement, who knows.

Another Canadian player to watch this summer as far transfer news would be Kluka. Been following on and off the supporters forum and web page for the past couple of weeks noting that the club is in financial distress and has been selling players left and right. A move might not be a bad thing, because I get the feeling that the club will be quite weak this coming year after all is done. Kluka and Yannick Vervalle ( a candidate for the Belgian NT ) are said to be the two valuable assets left at La Louviere. Word has it that the club must sell one of them. Apparantly they are seeking something in the neighborhood of 1 mill euros.

He will probably have a much better possibility of moving into the 1st with Hannover than Bremen so this is a good move. I don't think you can say he has been hurt playing reserve team soccer because Germany does not have a reserve league and Bremen was playing in the third division. This is probably as strong if not stronger than the Swedish or Norwegian 2nd level division where a few of our players are playing first team soccer and offers better training facilities and coaching. The only problem for Canizales was that Bremen had one of the best teams in the third division and were stocked with talent so he often didn't start. The Hannover reserves play in the fourth division which is divided into 10 regional divisions throughout Germany so there is a big drop in playing level from 3rd to 4th. However, he should be a regular starter for the team and more in their future plans than at Werder.

This is a good opportunity for him as the he's seen as the best of the incoming players for the amateur team. I really hope he does well. He should get to play a lot. I still think he's got so much potential to help us down the road.

Archived