Hume is praised by Skysports panel.

Warren in the UK

I was watching Skysports yesterday. They were showing highlights of the FA Cup and they were talking about how impressive Hume's goal was against Swansea to take Trammere to the quarter-final. Matt Letissier (Spelling ?) said that he should his performance was excellent in the game and that he gave the defence alot of work. He also stated that he should be playing in a higher league and that he will one day be in top flight football.

Yeah, that would certainly be nice. Missed the highlight of his goal last week (against Blackpool I think it was). Had Skysports on, kettle was singing so ups I go to see to it and no sooner then my arse is in the kitchen then the Wee Elf has got the remote & is checking the channel guide.

So I got to hear it. Sounded good. But all a I got to see was the PPV listings and the Wee Elf trying to turn the guide off in a panic.

Ever see, Duckman? Cheeta tearing back into the living room yelling Turn it off! Turn it off!, Wee Elf going Dwaaah!! and bashing all the wrong buttons. It was terrible! Earl Grey and boiling water were everywhere. Cats wouldn't come out for the rest of the evening and I went into a good, long, sulk.

By the way, great news! The man'll have two more seasons under his belt before Germany 2006 so if his progress continues at the same pace it seems to have followed these last two years we'll all be happy campers. Heck, he may even helps us a little during WCQ....

There is a photo here Swans dumped by Hume wonder strike

Man of the match

IAIN HUME

THE Tranmere hitman's superb goal set up the prospect of a plum, quarter-final tie. The Canadian international worked like a Trojan and his third Cup goal was a just reward.

The striker pounced on a loose ball 25 yards out and unleashed a superb curling shot into the top corner, which left keeper Freestone stranded.

Hume's efforts saw off Premiership Bolton in the third round.

And his tireless performance and magnificent strike ensured that Rovers reached the sixth round for the third time since 2000.

Here's another from the Beeb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tranmere_rovers/3486541.stm

Little heaps praise on Hume

Tranmere boss Brian Little was quick to praise Iain Hume after his strike sealed victory over Swansea and put Rovers in the FA Cup quarter-finals.

The Canadian, who also grabbed the winner in the third round against Bolton, hit home with a superb volley after 58 minutes.

"Iain is a little gem whose goal was spectacular and worthy of winning a cup match," said Little.

"It was one of his best but everyone around here knows it was no fluke."

"Games like this need something special to win them and Iain has done it again," added Little.

"They're the type of goals he loves to score."

Tranmere have reached the last eight for the third time in five seasons and Little is optimistic that his side could go even further.

"When a club has this kind of cup tradition it gets talked about in the build-up and there's no point sheltering the players from that," said the former Leicester and Aston Villa manager.

"This is a great achievement and maybe we will go and get something special out of the competition now."

A Crystal Palace fan on the Tranmere Rovers message boards has posted that Palace have submitted a 400 000 pound bid for Hume.

Most Tranmere fans are shooting it down as just rumour, given that Hume would surely be worth more than that given his performance the past few months.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

A Crystal Palace fan on the Tranmere Rovers message boards has posted that Palace have submitted a 400 000 pound bid for Hume.

Most Tranmere fans are shooting it down as just rumour, given that Hume would surely be worth more than that given his performance the past few months.

Pfft. Like a lowly, non-premiership side like Palace could afford a little gem like Iain.

I'd just like to mention at this point that I was predicting great things for Iain years ago, right after his little tour of the Mexican defense in Victoria. Others said Wynaldo and Ngon and even DeGuzman, and I said, no, Iain shall shine.

It's nice being half-right, anyhow. DeGuzman is awesome too. But Iain's my bet for future Hargreaves-eclipsing greatness.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

P.S. Cheeta, nice Duckman reference, set the scene nicely.

I'd like to see Hume go to a lower level Premiership side next season.

Portsmouth was looking to bring in Landon Donovan during the January transfer window, maybe they'd be interested in Hume (who would coma at a lesser price) instead? (Assuming, of course, that Portsmouth does not get relegated)

DeGuzman is still my choice out of that crop. MC^2 was my other pick.

I originally thought that Hume would turn out to be similar to past crops, a lot of heart but not much skills, but he has really destroyed that prediction of mine. He's got good skills and unbelievable shooting skills. I can't recall a time when we had a Canadian player scoring 5 or 6 long range goals in a span of 3-4 months....

Going into the World Cup Qualifying, it's nice to see guys like Pesch still scoring while guys like Hume also showing promise. Obviously, we should be in much better shape up front than we were in 2002. Hopefully the goalie situation can be resolved though.

As for Hume, if he ends up playing for a top division one team, it would be pretty good. I think he is still kind of young for premiership and his talent maybe wasted sitting on the bench half of the time.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

And that wasn't even me! :)

I too would be surprised if this trade ever came close to happening, but I'll keep my eye out for any Hume content on the Palace fan board.

Although I'd love for this trade to happen! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there everyone. I'm a Tranmere Rovers fan from England and Iain Hume is a fantastic little player. Obviously everyone has seen his goals in the FA Cup but he isnt a great player yet. We are playing at Millwall in the next round of the cup this coming sunday, so hopefully we should win. I hope all you guys can watch it on the TV as the 'superwhite army' go futher in the cup.

Tranmere is a good club with a really good tradition. We have had players playing in the world cup before now and we really should be higher in the league. Anyway if any of you people want to contact me my email address is above and your more then welcome to and i will keep you up to date on how Tranmere are doing. I live 2 miles from the Stadium.

Ps : Beautiful country you have there ( i have friends in calgary)

Guest Georgio

I'm not sure I understand why Hume would not leave. Is it because Tranmere will be more forgiving of time missed because of his history with the club. Because any father would jump at an opportunity to provide a better life for his wife and child. I'm sure if the offer was right and teams were willing to make a few concessions for his talents, he would go for the big time. One parent can still work while the other looks after the child. This is an honest question, and I don't doubt that Hume is fully considering remaining with the security of playing for Tranmere. But if Hume is as confident about his talents as he is on the pitch (and rightfully so), I could see him going for it.

hey there everyone. Well tranmere could get into europe. It sounds so strange to say but this is TRUE !!! The replay v millwall is next tueday and im going to get my ticket on friday, its going to sell-out really quick. Our grounds has a capacity of 17,000 and then if we when we play semi's at old trafford. I hope you guys can tune in and provide some support from canada !!!!!

Ps : The FA Cup itself came to Tranmere a few days ago. Iain hume was there with his baby and he put her inside the cup and it was on back pages of all the papers. How sweet !!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Kev Tranmere

Ps : The FA Cup itself came to Tranmere a few days ago. Iain hume was there with his baby and he put her inside the cup and it was on back pages of all the papers. How sweet !!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up. Here's that photo and another one:

facupatrovers2.jpg

facupatrovers3.jpg

Our grounds has a capacity of 17,000 and then if we when we play semi's at old trafford. I hope you guys can tune in and provide some support from canada !!!!!

We can tune-in for the QF replay as that the game is televised here.

Geez! Until they've won it, I don't think it was appropriate to put that picture on the FRONT PAGE</u> of the sports section(s)!!

Archived