Match Thread: May 11, 2024 - HFX Wanderers v Cavalry

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: May 11, 2024 - HFX Wanderers v Cavalry
4 minutes ago, Big_M said:

whats going on with halifax?? they look like a team with no chemistry no plan and poor execution all over...should be doing much better with the players they have

"Are you Valour in disguise?" has been going through my mind a few times. Gheisar had them playing a close passing possession style at the start of last season but that's long gone now.

26 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Goldilocks with the blonde hair up front for Calgary looks like he would struggle to trap a bag of cement.

See Myroniuk is only 18. Guess he's only there for the U-21 minutes and maybe he is one of the signings made to unlock a higher salary cap. Overall very poor standard in this game and that makes you wonder what would be happening if Cavalry had their first team out for this and whether there is now a permanent underclass in this league.

Posted (edited)

dias wearing gloves...is it that cold?? you gotta wonder what hfx is doing at practice...players like gagnon and rampersad look very far from their best

58' cross by aird and akio puts it in...fillion puts a hand on it but cant keep it out...0-1

Edited by Big_M

Dias has looked decent today, some good play in attack albeit not great on crosses and his quality has diminished a bit as the game has gone on. Has been playing a lot better the last few matches. Still raw but I think I can drop my comparison to Jose Hernandez.