Canadian European-based Champions (2023-24)

Watchmen

Does Cornelius count as "the last of the 2023" titles or the first of the 23/24 titles?  Let's go with "First of the new season".

Canadian European-based Champions (2023-24)

Derek Cornelius - (Malmo FF) - Allsvenskan, Svenska Cupen

David Norman Jr - (St Patrick's Athletic FC) - FAI Cup

Tajon Buchanan - (Inter Milan) - Serie A

Milan Borjan - (Slovan Bratislava) - Slovak First Football League

Alistair Johnston - (Celtic FC) - Scottish Premier League

Edited by Watchmen

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd post some of the players I'm tracking that have a reasonable possibility of winning a trophy in Europe this year.  If there's anyone I'm missing, let me know.

Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich (Bundesliga title – 2nd, Champions League – round of 16)

Tajon Buchanan – Inter Milan (Serie A title – 1st, Champions League – round of 16)

Jonathan David – Lille (Europa Conference League – round of 16)

Alistair Johnston – Celtic FC (Scottish Premier League title – tied for 1st, Scottish Cup – quarter-finals)

Junior Hoilett – Aberdeen (Scottish Cup – quarter-finals)

Milan Borjan – Slovan Bratislava (Slovak League – 1st, Slovak Cup – round of 16)

Cyle Larin – Mallorca (Copa del Rey – semi finals)

Stephen Eustaquio – Porto (Taca de Portugal – quarter-finals)

My qualification to make the list is "Does the trophy get the club in to Europe next year?" or "Is it one of the 3 major European trophies? (CL, Europa, EC)".  So I'm not looking at promotion/playoff champions (though obviously if a player wins that, that's great too).

It's going to be a leaner year than previous years, I think.  Though the title for Buchanan is nice.

Still possible:

Alphonso Davies - Bayern Munich (Champions League semi-finals)

Alistair Johnston – Celtic FC (Scottish Premier League title –  1st, Scottish Cup – finals)

Stephen Eustaquio - Porto (Taca de Portugal - finals)

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

There is actually a couple you can add to Buchanan.

Jupiler Pro League

Europa Conference League

Feels weird to credit Buchanan with those, but how can you not I guess? 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Feels weird to credit Buchanan with those, but how can you not I guess? 

I think it would be "does the club credit him with them"? If not, I wouldn't either. Club Brugge also hasn't won either of them yet, so no need to decide (for now).

17 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I think it would be "does the club credit him with them"? If not, I wouldn't either. Club Brugge also hasn't won either of them yet, so no need to decide (for now).

This was brought up several years ago when James played for Midtjylland. I believe the general consensus was that if you make 5 appearances than you are considered part of the Championship.