Canadian European-based Champions (2023-24)

Watchmen

Does Cornelius count as "the last of the 2023" titles or the first of the 23/24 titles?  Let's go with "First of the new season".

Canadian European-based Champions (2023-24)

Derek Cornelius - (Malmo FF) - Allsvenskan, Svenska Cupen

David Norman Jr - (St Patrick's Athletic FC) - FAI Cup

Tajon Buchanan - (Inter Milan) - Serie A

Milan Borjan - (Slovan Bratislava) - Slovak First Football League

Alistair Johnston - (Celtic FC) - Scottish Premier League, Scottish Cup

Stephen Eustaquio - (Porto) - Taca de Portugal

Edited by Watchmen

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd post some of the players I'm tracking that have a reasonable possibility of winning a trophy in Europe this year.  If there's anyone I'm missing, let me know.

Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich (Bundesliga title – 2nd, Champions League – round of 16)

Tajon Buchanan – Inter Milan (Serie A title – 1st, Champions League – round of 16)

Jonathan David – Lille (Europa Conference League – round of 16)

Alistair Johnston – Celtic FC (Scottish Premier League title – tied for 1st, Scottish Cup – quarter-finals)

Junior Hoilett – Aberdeen (Scottish Cup – quarter-finals)

Milan Borjan – Slovan Bratislava (Slovak League – 1st, Slovak Cup – round of 16)

Cyle Larin – Mallorca (Copa del Rey – semi finals)

Stephen Eustaquio – Porto (Taca de Portugal – quarter-finals)

My qualification to make the list is "Does the trophy get the club in to Europe next year?" or "Is it one of the 3 major European trophies? (CL, Europa, EC)".  So I'm not looking at promotion/playoff champions (though obviously if a player wins that, that's great too).

It's going to be a leaner year than previous years, I think.  Though the title for Buchanan is nice.

Still possible:

Alphonso Davies - Bayern Munich (Champions League semi-finals)

Alistair Johnston – Celtic FC (Scottish Premier League title –  1st, Scottish Cup – finals)

Stephen Eustaquio - Porto (Taca de Portugal - finals)

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

There is actually a couple you can add to Buchanan.

Jupiler Pro League

Europa Conference League

Feels weird to credit Buchanan with those, but how can you not I guess? 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Feels weird to credit Buchanan with those, but how can you not I guess? 

I think it would be "does the club credit him with them"? If not, I wouldn't either. Club Brugge also hasn't won either of them yet, so no need to decide (for now).

17 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I think it would be "does the club credit him with them"? If not, I wouldn't either. Club Brugge also hasn't won either of them yet, so no need to decide (for now).

This was brought up several years ago when James played for Midtjylland. I believe the general consensus was that if you make 5 appearances than you are considered part of the Championship.

Well, unless I'm missing anything (and we can debate on Buchanan if Brugge win tomorrow), but with Johnston winning the Scottish Cup today I think that's it for this season.  Fewest (7) since I started tracking, but at least some new/interesting additions (Norman Jr and Cornelius winning trophies, Buchanan winning Serie A).

We'll see what the transfers are in the summer and what next year holds.

On 5/25/2024 at 10:03 AM, MauditYvon said:

Porto play Sporting tomorrow in Cup final.

They won, so updated.  Still the lowest total since I started, but at least one more.